• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's some good, solid growth you've got there. How many accepted POPs did you get from Transvaal, anyways?

Pretty solid red majority you've got there, and so early. Interesting to see what comes of it.

Thanks! That "support party" NF really helps a lot.

That's some good, solid growth you've got there. How many accepted POPs did you get from Transvaal, anyways?

I have to admit, it was not a lot. I'm going to guess about 70,000 of them.

Nice, I love playing in south Africa. Sad seeing Transvaal go away though.

Thanks! And yeah, they did have a future in them...but they'll have a better one in South Africa!

Nice, you are getting things going for yourself, though I'd advise that you make a table of contents for your AAR and link each chapter in the first post or something so it is easier to navigate :)

Actually, I did make a table of contents. It just had to be in the 5th post though cause of some replies. I'll make a link to the Table of Contents in the 1st post if that helps.

Last edited:
Actually, I did make a table of contents. It just had to be in the 5th post though cause of some replies. I'll male a link to the Table of Contents in the 1st post of that helps.

Didn't see that in the 5th post :)

PPEeeG1.jpg

France being the big blue blob, as usual.
Do you still have the save? Who is fighting who in this war? It looks like France, Russia and Austria vs UK, NGF, Spain and Austria, look at the colour of Schlesien: It's Austria-coloured I think.

South Africa sounds like a cool nation to play as, I have to try that sometime. By the way, that infamy reduction thingy by releasing Zanzibar didn't work. You took 11 infamy(?) for releasing them and 21 for annexing them, when you could take those regions for 15 infamy in your first war...

Do you still have the save? Who is fighting who in this war? It looks like France, Russia and Austria vs UK, NGF, Spain and Austria, look at the colour of Schlesien: It's Austria-coloured I think.

South Africa sounds like a cool nation to play as, I have to try that sometime. By the way, that infamy reduction thingy by releasing Zanzibar didn't work. You took 11 infamy(?) for releasing them and 21 for annexing them, when you could take those regions for 15 infamy in your first war...

Actually, it was France, Russia, Austria, and Two Sicilies V.S. UK, NGF, Spain and Austria. Yeah, there was a glich in which Austria joined both sides so they were helping and also getting owned by their own allies. Weird, huh?

Chapter 3: The African Safari
1867-1886

We'll start the update with the need to research Naval Plans!

We also start more industrialization, of course, for a few years. This update of course will not just be words with more words, now.

We start researching Machine Guns around 1870, as it will be needed for when we colonize!

Also, we decide that Oman needs to be put into the realm.
Q5lqgXA.jpg

Oil, anyone?

While we are justifying, we discover that Spain and the Netherlands are already starting to colonize the large island in Indonesia!
8JYe5oS.png

Why world!?!

While we seem to start pouting, we get this important pop-up.
YRhIjEW.png

We got this under control, sir!

Meanwhile, we start our war to annex Oman with a bang!
ANRRtKQ.jpg

We lost nothing at at, and they lost...a lot.

Soon, we start research on Nationalism and Imperialism.

Few more years, and we end up researching more techs, like Functionalism

Finally, we wait long enough to gain secondary power status! Time to start colonizing!
NkMcJQB.jpg

Going faster than you can say Sud Afrika.

Our colonial range even allows us to grab a colonization in Southern New Guinea!
m1TlAAz.jpg

A source for Tropical Wood.

Soon, it is time to research Biologism.

We grab a quick colony with our range up as far as the Niger Delta for its coal. We'll need those RGO providence that provide coal for our factories. The other colonies have finished settling, so our name is now bigger on the map.
DG9V4gC.jpg

More Coal!

Revolution and Counter Revolution are soon next on the list to research.

Then, something important happens:
BGzGW5S.jpg

Long time no see!

We have our 1st GP ally! Hopefully, we won't be called into any Great Wars when that time comes.

Our 1st rebellion!
wNThfim.png

About time the people actually got angry...

Foutanrtity for us, it's a minor 3K rebel stackm so it gets wiped.
QTtYewY.png

Rebel Scum

We haven't read The Times Today in awhile, have we? Let's see what interesting things are on there:
xCgICVl.png

Germany!

Steal Railroads start coming along. Chug chug!

Communist activate in Luxembourg.
MAXXbD0.jpg

You red-heads!

We finally get the last reform in Healthcare!
WsWNOld.jpg

Hurrah, we will get more pops..!

With that ended, I'll end the update here. Tomorrow, I'll have the official world map as of now, since this is about the half-way point of the game! (sorry for the seemingly odd update. I was a bit in a rush, but I'll fix it the next day for you all.)
QiZaLW8.jpg

The World in 1886
KJVcPyf.png

South Africa is in brownish.

Last edited:
Actually, it was France, Russia, Austria, and Two Sicilies V.S. UK, NGF, Spain and Austria. Yeah, there was a glich in which Austria joined both sides so they were helping and also getting owned by their own allies. Weird, huh?
I had the same thing happen to me when playing Germany. Austria was my ally, but wanted to join Russia and France, and since I didn't want to manage a 3-front war, I bribed them with a state from Russia. That exact same day, they joined Russia. It was a very interesting war, trying to keep Austria from occupying me while not killing their army.

I had the same thing happen to me when playing Germany. Austria was my ally, but wanted to join Russia and France, and since I didn't want to manage a 3-front war, I bribed them with a state from Russia. That exact same day, they joined Russia. It was a very interesting war, trying to keep Austria from occupying me while not killing their army.

Yeah, I must say this has been one of those more interesting game sessions I've had. The world map will explain more.

Great expansion. :) Any unciv ambitions?

You are truly living up to the name "South Africa!" :p

Fantastic job so far!

Thank you all for your feedback!

Interesting, now I await a war with Spain and Portugal to unite your holdings in Africa! :)

Indeed. Perhaps with the alliance that the British Empire has given me, I might actually be able to grab colonial holdings from Spain to South Africa! Trouble might be if Spain was allied with some other GP, that could spell the start of a large war. I only got the last reform for healthcare, so I'm hopping that with the increase of population, I can raise more brigades. But we will go to war at one point. It is South Africa's destiny. :)