Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced by Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VTMB is my 2nd favorite game of all time. KOTOR being my first but with bioware the way it is i would not be that hyped if a KOTOR 3 was announced, so i could not be more excited for a game then this. I've been devouring every last bit of news about it in the last week. I just worry that i might be expecting too much or that hardsuits lab might to be up to making it. I do not mean that as a knock I wish them all the best and i support them fully, it 's just making the successor to such a beloved game must be very daunting and challenging and i wish them all the best.

Last edited:
Really the only part that bugs me and it might just be me but I really hope you can somehow go from thin blood to full vampire. if not it will really hurt my role playing. Again that might just be totally me.

Really the only part that bugs me and it might just be me but I really hope you can somehow go from thin blood to full vampire. if not it will really hurt my role playing. Again that might just be totally me.
The devs have stated that you will choose a clan during the game, so yes you won't be thin blood forever.

The devs have stated that you will choose a clan during the game, so yes you won't be thin blood forever.
See that what I want cleared up. Now I've never played the table top RPG, what i know comes from the first VTMB and the bits of lore i have read. So yeah we join a clean but does that mean as a thin blood we do something so great we can join a clan but still the power of a thin blood, or does that mean that we gain the power of a full vampire and then do to that we join a clan? As i said i do not know the details of all the lore but i thought the only way to become more powerful as a vampire and gain a lower gen was diablerie and i know thats bad. I know this is a hardcore nerd thing but is that the case? is that the only way or am i missing something?

Last edited:
See that what I want cleared up. Now I've never played the table top RPG, what i know comes from the first VTMB and the bits of lore i have read. So yeah we join a clean but does that mean as a thin blood we do something so great we can join a clan but still the power of a thin blood, or does that mean that we gain the power of a full vampire and then do to that we join a clan? As i said i do not know the details of all the lore but i thought the only way to rise to become more powerful as a vampire and gain a higher gen was diablerie and i know thats bad. I know this is a hardcore nerd thing but is that the case? is that the only way or am i missing something?

Nobody's really sure right now, but the theory that makes the most sense to me is you go on a blood hunt for the person who sired who in the mass embrace and diablerize them, thus joining whatever clan they were.

Nobody's really sure right now, but the theory that makes the most sense to me is you go on a blood hunt for the person who sired who in the mass embrace and diablerize them, thus joining whatever clan they were.
and that vampire would not be a thin blood then. That does make sense.

Last edited:
@The_God_of_All What's amusing about that as well is they could literally make that in game in a manner consistent with the fluff if they wished to give people the OPTION but nope, can't do that and instead have to force it. Could simply have an option for players to be an Anarch Ashirran Tzimisce and that would be completely kosher. I can even think of a pretty good thin blood progression path with storyline that ends up resulting in that combination.

I got the info from Support that I should put my message up here instead of sending it to them directly, so that is exactly what I'm gonna do. The message goes out the developers and writers, sort of like an open letter. And it goes:

Dear Paradox Team,

There is a growing concern online since the announcement trailer and the news that the legend continues, that the current nonsensical political environment will have an effect on the game quality. That could not happen. This game you jumped into cannot be a subject of such a thing. This game and world have such hardcore fans, that people - myself included - had to reinstall the original version and will reinstall the very first version (Redemption) and play it 'till the keyboard breaks just because they see the story might continue.

Please keep in mind that the original Bloodlines was such a development disaster that it was barely playable. STILL, it became one of the biggest legends in all of RPG history, exactly because of the story and the writing. This is not a game.. and you are not making a game.. You are writing the next chapters of an entire world. I hope you know and realize that if the old Bloodlines in it's dire shape still made it so big, you have the power now to create the flat out BEST RPG of all times.

This game cannot be affected by the current time's lunacy of social justice whatever.. That is nonsense, short sighted idiots arguing about the painfully obvious.. You cannot play a part in that with this game...

As many others said already, just take your time, kill the bugs and build the world and story to perfection. Let the original writers do whatever they see fit to continue with the original feeling and do not make it about politics! That will backfire so badly, that the whole thing will be wasted and armies of people will be upset with you for an eternity.

Fans waited 15 years for this.. I personally literally dreamed of this day, I had visions about this game.. The old feeling in proper modern visuals.. This is gold you have, but it can get rotten very easily. Be outrages, be brave, do not care with "social norms". This is a bloody vampire game you are making, an alternative universe where there is no place for political nonsense. Simply pull the best control standards from the industry and remember to keep the heading to the old Bloodlines as that is what the fans want and that is where the worshippers will come from. The people who will run the wildest marketing for you, so that does pay out.

In short, please don't mess this up. This is probably the most important game you have ever started to develop. This is so much more than just a game, please keep that in mind.

Thank you for reading and I can't wait to have this, like so many others around the world!

PS.: I have never bought a full, all extras, maximum version of a game, especially not on pre-order, but I will absolutely do it this time. This is coming from a hardcore, I will never pay for games fellow... (Although that did change in recent years due to very enjoyable online based games, but nothing can compete with Bloodlines in my book) ... And I believe there is no bigger compliment in this world than that.

My very best wishes,

Endre

I got the info from Support that I should put my message up here instead of sending it to them directly, so that is exactly what I'm gonna do. The message goes out the developers and writers, sort of like an open letter. And it goes:

Dear Paradox Team,

There is a growing concern online since the announcement trailer and the news that the legend continues, that the current nonsensical political environment will have an effect on the game quality. That could not happen. This game you jumped into cannot be a subject of such a thing. This game and world have such hardcore fans, that people - myself included - had to reinstall the original version and will reinstall the very first version (Redemption) and play it 'till the keyboard breaks just because they see the story might continue.

Please keep in mind that the original Bloodlines was such a development disaster that it was barely playable. STILL, it became one of the biggest legends in all of RPG history, exactly because of the story and the writing. This is not a game.. and you are not making a game.. You are writing the next chapters of an entire world. I hope you know and realize that if the old Bloodlines in it's dire shape still made it so big, you have the power now to create the flat out BEST RPG of all times.

This game cannot be affected by the current time's lunacy of social justice whatever.. That is nonsense, short sighted idiots arguing about the painfully obvious.. You cannot play a part in that with this game...

As many others said already, just take your time, kill the bugs and build the world and story to perfection. Let the original writers do whatever they see fit to continue with the original feeling and do not make it about politics! That will backfire so badly, that the whole thing will be wasted and armies of people will be upset with you for an eternity.

Fans waited 15 years for this.. I personally literally dreamed of this day, I had visions about this game.. The old feeling in proper modern visuals.. This is gold you have, but it can get rotten very easily. Be outrages, be brave, do not care with "social norms". This is a bloody vampire game you are making, an alternative universe where there is no place for political nonsense. Simply pull the best control standards from the industry and remember to keep the heading to the old Bloodlines as that is what the fans want and that is where the worshippers will come from. The people who will run the wildest marketing for you, so that does pay out.

In short, please don't mess this up. This is probably the most important game you have ever started to develop. This is so much more than just a game, please keep that in mind.

Thank you for reading and I can't wait to have this, like so many others around the world!

PS.: I have never bought a full, all extras, maximum version of a game, especially not on pre-order, but I will absolutely do it this time. This is coming from a hardcore, I will never pay for games fellow... (Although that did change in recent years due to very enjoyable online based games, but nothing can compete with Bloodlines in my book) ... And I believe there is no bigger compliment in this world than that.

My very best wishes,

Endre
There isn't "growing concern". There is just the usual whining we hear from the same old gaggle of over-entitled straight white men. The same ones who get upset every time a video game or movie has a protagonist that isn't a straight white male.

Dear Paradox Team,

My very best wishes,

Endre

So you must have absolutely hated Smiling Jack, Nines Rodrigues, and Damsel, huh? The Anarch movement has always, and will always be about social justice. If you have a problem with that then I highly doubt you played the original Bloodlines as much as you claim. Bloodlines would not have been the great game it was if it hadn't had the social justice aspect to it. My only hope is that they keep that focus for Bloodlines 2.

There isn't "growing concern". There is just the usual whining we hear from the same old gaggle of over-entitled straight white men. The same ones who get upset every time a video game or movie has a protagonist that isn't a straight white male.

I believe you misunderstood the concern a bit (or maybe I didn't phrase it well enough), but if this is not a legitim concern, than I am actually the happiest man on Earth and this part of the message could be disregarded. The mere intent of the message is to point out that we are living rather twisted times in the aspect of ethics and common sense (at least in the mainstream media seems to have disappeared) and I would hate to see such lunacy having an effect on the game. But I hope you are right and they won't hold back absolutely anything of what is beneficial for the full expression and presentation of the WoD in its entirety.

So you must have absolutely hated Smiling Jack, Nines Rodrigues, and Damsel, huh? The Anarch movement has always, and will always be about social justice. If you have a problem with that then I highly doubt you played the original Bloodlines as much as you claim. Bloodlines would not have been the great game it was if it hadn't had the social justice aspect to it. My only hope is that they keep that focus for Bloodlines 2.

Well, I am terribly sorry, but you totally misunderstood the point and actually just on the contrary. Those are my favorite characters, especially Jack, he is just freakin' awesome! Nobody drops such lines as Jack! :) It also feels that have some confusion with anarchist and social justice warrior. The Anarchs stand for common sense and no or at least minimal government interference to (the Kindred) society. The social justice warrior type I have been referring to is about pushing agendas for the causes which looks good in theory, but utterly unachievable, counterproductive and not well thought through. Like equality of outcome, safe spaces, the degradation of free speech and the likes. None of those apply to Anarchs in game or anarchists as a philosophy.

Also I do claim in my message that I wish to see the same mentality continue in the sequel, so that is kinda contradictory and should have been an additional clue to the message of my text. I am currently playing it the 8th time and still loving it, although despite having the latest patch up it is still kinda frustrating when you stuck in a door and you can't escape! But that just reinforces the whole point as after loading the last save your mood is restored with the first or in the worst case second conversation or story advance you have. :)

Ah yes God forbid players as whole want games that represent them since the previous generation of games of "things we would rather enjoy looking at" (i.e. big breasted scantily clad bimbo's running around ala Tomb Raider) was deemed patriarchal oppression and hence no longer used as protagonists since we actually have to look at the characters for hundreds of hours and many people like to form an emotional attachment to them; sorry have I no interest in running around as a NAMBLA member for thirty seconds, much less hundreds of hours. While you and I can both agree nobody likes being forced to play a character type they despise (that cuts both ways), as a BUSINESS the logical sense is to represent the average buyer or things which appeal to them and guess what, that doesn't appear to be what they are doing. Like imagine how happy you would be if they forced you to play marginalized groups you personally don't like as the protagonist such as a WASP. I think we could both agree (maybe?) the real answer is simply to to allow for more expansive character options, i.e. to my earlier point if somebody wants to play an Anarch Ashirran Tzimisce let them and simply include the appropriate fluff for it without forcing people to do so.

Actually I did and in the gameplay and mods which allowed for it I always sold them out. Also no the Anarch movement was never a social justice movement, in game or outside it. The transformation of second wave Anarch's in to SJW proxies is a recent post-WWS move. Anarch's were always punk and punk as a whole was never a SJW movement. The second wave Anarch movement in and outside game is basically a proxy for the Amish concept of rumspringa by suburban upper middle class youth. The true Progressives of VTM were always the Camarilla, both in past and present with the Sabbat always being their anarchist foil.

At this point I'm wishing Paradox was publishing Werewolf the Apocalypse Earthblood.

Given how certain people are reacting to alleged "SJW" elements in Bloodlines 2, could you imagine the conniption fits they'd have over Werewolf: The Apocalypse? A game that literally has Werewolves as defenders of nature &-in the case of The Black Furies-Women's Rights.

Given how certain people are reacting to alleged "SJW" elements in Bloodlines 2, could you imagine the conniption fits they'd have over Werewolf: The Apocalypse? A game that literally has Werewolves as defenders of nature &-in the case of The Black Furies-Women's Rights.

Oh, it's a game, announced back in 2017 or so. It was supposed to be an RPG, made by Cyanide games, published by Focus Home Interactive. I believe it was commissioned prior to White Wolf being diablerized. There's little information on it, but the publisher has changed again, it's supposed to come out in 2020.