Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced by Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bloodlines with you know Swedish ethics,lol.Not gonna end well.
Worse, it's gonna be the Seattle version of Anglosphere "ethics", since Hardsuit is located there and staffed by Anglosphere progressives. :p

To be fair, the Anarchs are better than the Camarilla pretty much across the board. Unless you're a fan of feudalism.

Mitsoda did say "We're not going to punch down," which tells me the game will be "Anarchs good, Camarilla bad" from start to finish.
In Old World of Darkness, the "good" one was the one, where we, as a players, was. If we start in Camarilla / Sabbat / Anarchs, we are a "good" guys. And if this game will have "Anarchs good, Camarilla bad from start to finish", I'am not interested in it, as I'am not interested in 5ed Vampire...

This game better be faithful to the original. If it doesn't devolve into shoddily executed non-stop combat towards the end, and include an incredibly long and tedious sewer level, I'm gonna riot.

Sarcasm aside, I'm cautiously optimistic. The game probably won't be such a diamond as the original, but I can live with that if it's not as flawed. I doubt this will be Day 1 purchase for me, but I'll certainly follow this project with interest.

Well I'm very cautious about this announcement. One year seems quite short to make a good game. Also usually studios wait to have at least some gameplay footage before starting selling the game...

Do we have infos about the game engine?

To be fair, the Anarchs are better than the Camarilla pretty much across the board. Unless you're a fan of feudalism.

Well not really. They're often presented as incapable and pure theoreticians. Democracy isn't the best option in a society where everyone is manipulative b*tch wwith a beast inside.

Also they're the weakest of the three sects, and usually used as pawns. That was quite present in the first game, where according to one theory

Smiling Jack manipulate both the PC and Ramirez since the beginning, to get rid of Lacroix for his own agenda.

Also if you take Geheena as canon

Sabbath was right since the beginning. Not that it helped them a lot.

Well I'm very cautious about this announcement. One year seems quite short to make a good game. Also usually studios wait to have at least some gameplay footage before starting selling the game...

The game is in development since 2015. Why do you think they just started now?

They've started dev before acquiring rights?

If it's really in dev since 4 years I would hope something more then a trailer with no actual gameplay inside.

It's a TEASER, not a trailer. Look at Nintendo. They have a lot of games releasing this year and most of them only show gameplay half a year earlier.

Also the planning started in 2015, the proper development in 2016.

Bringing the series back
For Paradox, “Bloodlines 2” has been something it wanted to work on since acquiring White Wolf, the company behind the tabletop RPG “World of Darkness” (of which the “Bloodlines” series is a part of), in 2015. It was just a matter of finding the right development partner.

“We knew that if we did make ‘Bloodlines 2,’ we’d have to do it right. We’d need to deliver what people wanted,” said Schlutter. “Then [Hardsuit Labs] comes along with the perfect pitch and the writer of the first game, and on top of that, are incredibly nice people. So we started [working together]. It was a confluence of good things.”

Upon hearing about Paradox’s acquisition, the team at Hardsuit Labs (which previously made the free-to-play shooter “Blacklight: Retribution”) began brainstorming ideas for a theoretical “Bloodlines 2.” Their creative director contacted Mitsoda to see if the writer wanted to work on the game, and after a little back-and-forth between the two parties, they were able to nail down the basic premise of the story and the gameplay features it’d have.

Hardsuit Labs pitched Paradox in February 2016, impressing the publisher so much that by August of that year, the studio began ramping up production for “Bloodlines 2,” eventually expanding its small team of triple-A veterans to 50 people.

“Obviously, the fan expectations [for the sequel] are high, so we’ve gone in from the ground up, [thinking] what do fans want? What makes a ‘Bloodlines’ game? How do we make a great sequel to the first one? How do we improve on the first one? What didn’t work in the first one?” said Mitsoda. “These are all things we worked on.”

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/fea...odlines-2-builds-on-series-legacy-1203169976/

Well that sounds even less encouraging to me. Nintendo does not start preselling a game based only on a dubious quality teaser, and the license name, despite having tons of juicy licenses.

If that was the game softlaunch, it was solely for nostalgic of the first Vtmb, as I doubt that anyone would buy the game because of this teaser.

That's a discussion about nothing, giving the few information we have so far, and I'm just hope that I'm wrong, and we don't end with a Torment of Numenara 2.

Well that sounds even less encouraging to me. Nintendo does not start preselling a game based only on a dubious quality teaser, and the license name, despite having tons of juicy licenses.

If that was the game softlaunch, it was solely for nostalgic of the first Vtmb, as I doubt that anyone would buy the game because of this teaser.

That's a discussion about nothing, giving the few information we have so far, and I'm just hope that I'm wrong, and we don't end with a Torment of Numenara 2.

You know you can pre-order Bayonetta 3 already on Amazon? And we don't even have a trailer yet. The same with Luigi's Mansion 3... Also that's a completelly different topic. We didn't talked about the pre-order issue.

Do we have infos about the game engine?

Well not really. They're often presented as incapable and pure theoreticians. Democracy isn't the best option in a society where everyone is manipulative b*tch wwith a beast inside.

Also they're the weakest of the three sects, and usually used as pawns. That was quite present in the first game, where according to one theory

Smiling Jack manipulate both the PC and Ramirez since the beginning, to get rid of Lacroix for his own agenda.

Also if you take Geheena as canon

Sabbath was right since the beginning. Not that it helped them a lot.
Its Rodriguez, not Ramirez. Its Sabbat, not Sabbath. Also, Gehenna was written out of Canon for 5th Edition.

Its Rodriguez, not Ramirez. Its Sabbat, not Sabbath. Also, Gehenna was written out of Canon for 5th Edition.
Whops. 12 years old memories.

The theme of anarchs good is mainly for PC of the table top game, as it's a good easy to give them a degree of liberty that they can't enjoy in Camarilla/Sabbat. However if my memory isn't wrong again, Anarch became a fraction inside the Camarilla past the lost of the main parts of the Free State.

Last edited:
If it's even half the game that the original VtM: Bloodlines was, then this is gonna be awesome. But I'm definitely waiting until release day before I even so much as think about throwing money at it.

Thing is, the enforced repression to control the Beast and maintain the Masquerade? It works.
I don't think we'll get even that basic level of nuance in this game; imagine if Stellaris removed Inward Perfection and prevented Authoritarian empires from taking the Pacifist ethic, rejecting slavery or enacting Social Welfare.