• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

flamebreak_lz

Recruit
Aug 8, 2019
This was an interesting thing I came across. I used to play Planetfall the first month or two after it launched, but then took a break. After the Invasion expansion announcement, I decided to buy the Revelations DLC and see how the game has changed. To my surprise, the game kept crashing 5-10 minutes into the game on random occasions. In tactical combat, on the strategic map, in the encyclopedia... really anywhere. I thought the DLC was to blame, but I couldn't really find anything on the subject.

Then I thought it'd be worth a shot uninstalling VALORANT Vanguard, and the crashes vanished. I've had 0 crashes since. If anyone doesn't know, Vanguard is the low-level anti-cheat program included with Riot's new game VALORANT. The game is still in beta, so I imagine Vanguard will improve, but right now it's not very stable.

Think this is something to keep in mind.

Reactions:
Valorant's "anti-cheat" is not low level. Its the absolutely most invasive highest level possible. Its hard to explain but it takes ring 0 access. Which is basically better than administrator access. Nobody in their right mind should be willing to give that level of access to their PC. Valorant is the most elaborate spyware on the planet and by the way, you didn't uninstall it. You just hid its obvious features, the ring 0 tap is still there and will be until you get a professional to purge your PC.

Reactions:
Wtf, is that even legal? "Thumbs up" for software that messes with your system.

I recently had a taste of that locally when a top-down installed program (as a part of my companies safeguard policy) caused access issues with webpages related to my work... had to uninstall that s*it as a countermeasure.

Reactions:
From what I could glean from a quick check on the internet. Valorant Vanguard is a anticheat program devised by RIOT? Only RIOT uses it? Any other company doesn't?

Personally I would recommend that you avoid having anything to do with games developed by RIOT. They're one of more worse companies out there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This was an interesting thing I came across. I used to play Planetfall the first month or two after it launched, but then took a break. After the Invasion expansion announcement, I decided to buy the Revelations DLC and see how the game has changed. To my surprise, the game kept crashing 5-10 minutes into the game on random occasions. In tactical combat, on the strategic map, in the encyclopedia... really anywhere. I thought the DLC was to blame, but I couldn't really find anything on the subject.

Then I thought it'd be worth a shot uninstalling VALORANT Vanguard, and the crashes vanished. I've had 0 crashes since. If anyone doesn't know, Vanguard is the low-level anti-cheat program included with Riot's new game VALORANT. The game is still in beta, so I imagine Vanguard will improve, but right now it's not very stable.

Think this is something to keep in mind.

Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if i read this well. You got AoW:planetfall when Invasion was announced you buy the Revelations DLC, but then you start experimenting crashes. Then you try to solve this by uninstalling VALORANT Vanguard an anti-cheat program made by RIOT for a game other than Planetfall and apparently that solve things? o_O

What?!?!?! How is that?!?!?! Why the two programs cause crashes? Maybe the problem is having VALORANT Vanguard checking Planetfall, were one of the factions is the Vanguard? o_O

Checking internet look what i found:

"Your post was removed because it describes an intentional feature of VALORANT's anticheat, Vanguard.

Vanguard will automatically disable certain software that has known exploits used by hackers to cheat. Quite a few popular software packages used for overclocking, fan control, RGB lighting, and more are vulnerable to these exploits. Usually, either uninstalling or updating these software packages is enough."

There must be the cause, disable what people may use for cheat or what other programs may use to run :(
If people think that Paradox make buggy things they should read this :p