• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whenver I try to convert I get this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ClassLibrary5.Form1.Convertgame()
at ClassLibrary5.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ClassLibrary5
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Willis%20Foley/Desktop/Modding/Vic2toDH/V2toDH/V2toDH.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Whenver I try to convert I get this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
ClassLibrary5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Willis%20Foley/Desktop/Modding/Vic2toDH/V2toDH/V2toDH.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can you send me your save?

Hey thatsgerman, glad you have gotten the converter pretty well figured out. Great work as always. In regards to supporting CWTT, you may also want to include the Cold War sprite pack (SKIF) as well. Both the sprite pack and CWTT are used by NWO2, so the NWO2 thread has links to both of those mods if you can't find them.

Now, how to implement those mods would be interesting. My thoughts would be that you include another check box in the convertor menu asking if you'd like the CW stuff added. If it is checked, those things are adapted into the new mod for DH. Not sure how difficult that will be... will take some time coding that out and a good understanding of what those mods do by themselves. You would also likely require a full install (or the assets) for both of those mods to be included in your converter data package, so that will increase the file size. Alternatively you could add another path field, asking the user to provide the paths to the existing installs of CWTT/sprite pack, but I think including the relevant files from the mods in your data package would work best. Avoids user error, in any case.

I still have my V2 game as Germany I want to play for real (besides testing), but I am actually waiting on the CWTT support. So for me, I'm definitely looking forward to that implementation. Want to be able to play to the 90s. :D

Im working on the CWTT support right now! I can play the game with no errors atm, just gonna do a quick game and make sure it works!

Support for CWTT added!
On the SourceForge page there is a new folder called "CWTT V2toDH", it worked with the game I tried and anyone is welcome to try it, instillation is simple, just copy the files and overwrite your converted mod folder and should be good to go! Let me know if you get any errors.

I take no credit for the CWTT mod for DH, please thank the author here

Last edited:
Reactions:
Support for CWTT added!
On the SourceForge page there is a new folder called "CWTT V2toDH", it worked with the game I tried and anyone is welcome to try it, instillation is simple, just copy the files and overwrite your converted mod folder and should be good to go! Let me know if you get any errors.

I take no credit for the CWTT mod for DH, please thank the author here

Just to be clear:

1. Pull Template Mod folder in mod directory
2. Run converter against V2 save and then copy output into the template mod folder (this creates converted mod without CWTT)
3. Copy data from "CWTT V2toDH" folder into converted mod folder.

Correct?

Just to be clear:

1. Pull Template Mod folder in mod directory
2. Run converter against V2 save and then copy output into the template mod folder (this creates converted mod without CWTT)
3. Copy data from "CWTT V2toDH" folder into converted mod folder.

Correct?
Yes exactly, let me know if this works! The main issue I had was unitnames.csv but It should be fixed.

As for the slow-down in updates, Its finals week for my last quarter of college so I am a bit busy. I hope to get back to weekly updates next Wednesday, then do a couple more updates to fix up remaining issues then release the source code and call it quits! Besides some remaining issues Im not really sure what to convert anymore...
Next update should include better unit conversion ( 3 unit divisions instead of 1, making reforming army easy), and releasing countries.

Yes exactly, let me know if this works! The main issue I had was unitnames.csv but It should be fixed.

As for the slow-down in updates, Its finals week for my last quarter of college so I am a bit busy. I hope to get back to weekly updates next Wednesday, then do a couple more updates to fix up remaining issues then release the source code and call it quits! Besides some remaining issues Im not really sure what to convert anymore...
Next update should include better unit conversion ( 3 unit divisions instead of 1, making reforming army easy), and releasing countries.

Hey man, I got an opportunity to run the converter again on my EUIV->V2->DH game. Everything functions seemingly well, though I haven't done too much playing itself. Couple of things though:

1. Some nations that are being custom generated don't have names anymore. For instance the Oirat Horde is in my game, but now it doesn't have a name, just a flag. In the diplomacy screen it and other nations with the same problem are at the top since they have a null value. In previous iterations of your converter, I didn't have this problem, so it must be a recent change that caused the issue.

2. Double checking the savedebug file just in case, I noticed a ton of these errors as well, looking to be events for tension running into errors:

Loading event #2008027...
WARNING : Invalid String ID [name];FRA responds
WARNING : Invalid String ID [desc]; Our rival responds, the first option tells you how they responded
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];FRA Allowed our Alliance
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];FRA Condemned our Alliance
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];War withFRA?
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];End Alliance negotiations with U14?

So there may be something wrong with your formatting for these events, I dunno. I am using the CWTT extension you provided, but I don't think that would've caused any issues to these events. I haven't played enough to be sure, but since I have a ton of those errors for different events, I would guess my tension stuff is broken.

Hey man, I got an opportunity to run the converter again on my EUIV->V2->DH game. Everything functions seemingly well, though I haven't done too much playing itself. Couple of things though:

1. Some nations that are being custom generated don't have names anymore. For instance the Oirat Horde is in my game, but now it doesn't have a name, just a flag. In the diplomacy screen it and other nations with the same problem are at the top since they have a null value. In previous iterations of your converter, I didn't have this problem, so it must be a recent change that caused the issue.

2. Double checking the savedebug file just in case, I noticed a ton of these errors as well, looking to be events for tension running into errors:

Loading event #2008027...
WARNING : Invalid String ID [name];FRA responds
WARNING : Invalid String ID [desc]; Our rival responds, the first option tells you how they responded
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];FRA Allowed our Alliance
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];FRA Condemned our Alliance
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];War withFRA?
WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];End Alliance negotiations with U14?

So there may be something wrong with your formatting for these events, I dunno. I am using the CWTT extension you provided, but I don't think that would've caused any issues to these events. I haven't played enough to be sure, but since I have a ton of those errors for different events, I would guess my tension stuff is broken.
That is surprising, I thought I tackled the remaining issues with names/flags converting... Ill have to look at this...

Those warnings are expected, what it is supposed to say is something like "EVENT_101_DESC" for the description, and then to put the description in the text.csv file but Im too lazy so I just put the description, for the example you showed "Our rival responds, the first option tells you how they responded." is there instead of "EVENT_101_DESC" so the game ends up just putting the description I put instead of searching for EVENT_101_DESC in text.csv
Ive tested games up to 1955 and havent experienced any negative side effects of doing it that way.

Just converted a game that I've been playing from CK2 and I have to say I'm very impressed- this did a far better job than the current Vicky2-HoI3 converter did, so thank you for making this! Just a few random questions- 1) loaded up as CSA, why are all the ministers Norwegian and why are all the tech names in Norwegian (although they appear to be American tech teams) 2) the tanks, artillery, and the entire navy were in the production queue instead of being on the map- is that working as designed? 3) without modding what can I expect the AI to do in a typical game? Are they going to start some kind of big war on their own or am I going to need some modding/human action to get things going?

Just converted a game that I've been playing from CK2 and I have to say I'm very impressed- this did a far better job than the current Vicky2-HoI3 converter did, so thank you for making this! Just a few random questions- 1) loaded up as CSA, why are all the ministers Norwegian and why are all the tech names in Norwegian (although they appear to be American tech teams) 2) the tanks, artillery, and the entire navy were in the production queue instead of being on the map- is that working as designed? 3) without modding what can I expect the AI to do in a typical game? Are they going to start some kind of big war on their own or am I going to need some modding/human action to get things going?

Thanks! Im glad you liked it.
1. Strange, the converter looks at the primary culture group to determine the ministers and tech team names, so either the primary culture of the CSA is Norwegian and not American, or the converter screwed up. I am assuming since you have been playing since CK2 that the Norwegians must have colonized America and then the CSA rebelled? Tech teams are Americans with different names atm, so every country has the same tech teams, will be changed later.
2. Yes, placing planes and ships in conversion process would be too difficult, and the conversion of tanks and artillery from V2 (actual units) to DH(just brigades) makes it easier if the units are placed by the player.
3. At the moment, they are actually a little too warmongery. There are AI files present so the AI do have countries that they like and dislike, and countries they will defend and attack. The Tension system is placed there to help the AI and the player out and make more logical wars, but this is optional. Later an option to adjust the warmongery of AI will be added.

I would really like to try this out but I can't convert my save. I get an "Input string was not in a correct format" exception. I can send you my save and the error text.

So I got this error while trying to convert:

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
ClassLibrary5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/sawyer/Downloads/V2toDH%20v0.5/V2toDH/V2toDH.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

So I got this error while trying to convert:

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)

mscorlib
ClassLibrary5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/sawyer/Downloads/V2toDH%20v0.5/V2toDH/V2toDH.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Hello, If you could send the save file along with the name of the mod (if you are using one) I will try to fix it!

V0.6 Has been released

Features

*Puppets conversion
*Infrastructure conversion
*Infantry divisons convert based on Soldier Pops in V2
*Updated for 1.0.4

Known Issues
*Issues with some provinces converting, will fix ASAP, still playable