• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IC Conversion:

Let me know how it works, I got someone saying they got some strange IC conversions. I need more V2 saves to test :(

I had a weird conversion. Germany in my Victoria game was #2 in final score but had only about 20 IC. UK was #1 and had 500+ IC. Even El Salvatore with 1 province had 20 IC. Here is a link to my save game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/56h9t28cjptcie2/The_United+Kingdom1935_12_29.zip

Also, if you convert a single province country that doesn't exist in DH, it seems to break when loading into DH with that save. I did this by converting a game where I was Jan Mayen.

I had a weird conversion. Germany in my Victoria game was #2 in final score but had only about 20 IC. UK was #1 and had 500+ IC. Even El Salvatore with 1 province had 20 IC. Here is a link to my save game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/56h9t28cjptcie2/The_United Kingdom1935_12_29.zip

Also, if you convert a single province country that doesn't exist in DH, it seems to break when loading into DH with that save. I did this by converting a game where I was Jan Mayen.

Unfortunatley there is no Jan Mayen in DH so if you are Jan Mayen (with no other provinces) then it will not convert.

I am sorry about the strange IC conversions, before uploading I tried it on my 2 test autosaves and it worked fine and I guess I was just lucky. If you still want to play or others wish to try without the IC conversion go to your DH directory and go to map/Map_1 folder and copy Province.csv to the same place in the V2toDH converted mod folder after converting.

An IC fix along with ministers and tech teams should be in the next update within around a week.

V 0.3c is out!

Some big bugfixes, not the big update with ministers but I thought I should get this out asap with the IC fix.

Features
*Buffed IC for smaller countries. 20 IC is now base IC and any additional factories are added on top of that.

Bugfixes
*IC Conversion is now correct. Placement is still random
*Names should now be correct (Except Dynamic Tags).

Quick post about ministers and tech team conversions as well.

These are the planned culture conversions from V2, on the left is the DH culture group, and on the right is the cultures in V2 that it encompases. DH culture group determines your ministers and tech team. As of now teams will be the same except their names, there might be some slight variation later to make some countries better at tanks/rockets/airplanes/ect.

German: Germanic, Beneluxian, Swiss
Scanenavian: Scandenavian
Italian: Italian
Serbian: South Slavic, Romanian, Hungarian, Polish, Czech, Greek
French: French
Spain: Iberian
British: British
Russian: Rusian-Derb, Baltic
African: African Diaspora, W/Central/E/S African
Arab: Arab, Turko-Semetic, Iranian, Mongolic
Indian: Indian
Chinese: SE Asian, East Asian (except Japanese)
Japanese: Japanese
Oceanic: Oceanic
American: Native American, American, Neo European
Latin: Latin
Default: If culture group does not exsist

Let me know if any of these are wrong or too simplified. Ministers will be a random countries ministers from that culture group, for example, if you are German you can either get German or Austrian ministers. However, some culture groups only have 1 country in their culture group and therefore everyone in that culture group will have the same ministers. For example, if France is split up into 5 different countries, all will have the same French ministers.

Also remember for each culture group in DH I need to find ministers from DH to add to pool of possible ministers to assign and make names for each of the tech teams. So if you read the above teams and thought "why not just give each culture minority its own DH group?" it is waaaaay to much work.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Sorry for Triple post, here are some pics of culture generated tech teams

fqPN3Nd.png
7Jrxx9G.png
Each country uses same 23 Tech teams and pictures, but with different names. They are all the American starting tech since its the most balanced between all possible countries tech teams.

Some didnt turn out well...
rkIRlQn.png

Last edited:
Would converting from Concert of Europe work? I don't wanna do a whole campaign only to be disappointed :p
Looking at the mod, it says it adds new provinces which may or may not ruin mapping. Hard to test everything so you can try, if it fails send me the save and ill see what I can do to fix it.

An update on the converter, I will post an update Thursday or Friday a small update that gives every country 7 spies, some changes to the tension system, and Doctrine changes that basically give you blueprints to all the doctrines up to the appropriate tech level to make it a bit less tedious when starting a game.

Tension changes will include that your V2 relations will now be multiplied by .75 instead of being 1 to 1 conversions. For example, if you have -200 relations with a country in V2 it will be -150 in DH. This is being done for 2 reasons, 1. so that you actually have to influence countries in DH to get them to ally you instead of just converting, then having to wait for the event to fire to ally. To compensate for the increased difficulty to ally, the event fires right when you reach 190 relations or higher with a country. 2. This is done to limit the number of rivalries you have. Now, you can only get rivals at the beginning of the game if you have -200 relations by the end of your V2 game. Remember these events need to be selected when converting, and these events only work for the top 8 powers in terms of industry and technology level, which roughly converts to all the great powers of V2.

Lastly converting partisans seems unlikely, both attempts to convert them have significant hurdles. Hurdles high enough I dont think its worth the effort. With this in mind I'm reaching the end of things to convert/add. If any one here has had time to play a converted game Id like to here what the game is lacking at this point.

EDIT: Support for CWTT mod is next up on my list

Last edited:
Not sure if this is supported but I saved from the beginning with the House Divided 1861 start date and had errors loading. After a while I was able to load in with errors and the game crashed shortly thereafter. Here is my savedebug.txt log.

Attachments

• savedebug.txt
    24,9 KB · Views: 185
Not sure if this is supported but I saved from the beginning with the House Divided 1861 start date and had errors loading. After a while I was able to load in with errors and the game crashed shortly thereafter. Here is my savedebug.txt log.
The game cannot convert this early because there are so many unclaimed provinces. DH doesnt really know what to do with unclaimed provinces so it usually crashes. The game should be convertable by 1914 or so (just a rough guess). By then the life rating requirements are low enough that all the provinces are owned by someone.

I had a good Sikh gameplay in VIC2 with the Historical Improvement Project, I converted it and it was almost 1:1 conversion (however, there is always province in west mongolia that always goes to either Turkey or Persia but is Mongolian owned in VIC2). Also, I am a bit disappointed that there aren't any Allies, Axis or Comintern groups in conversion.
BTW, how tension works? and thanks for your great mod!

I had a good Sikh gameplay in VIC2 with the Historical Improvement Project, I converted it and it was almost 1:1 conversion (however, there is always province in west mongolia that always goes to either Turkey or Persia but is Mongolian owned in VIC2). Also, I am a bit disappointed that there aren't any Allies, Axis or Comintern groups in conversion.
BTW, how tension works? and thanks for your great mod!

Hmm Ill try to work on those provinces and see whats up.

Sorry about the teams, too many variables that would make allies, axis, and comintern group unreliable. For example, say the leader of an alliance is Facist, but all of his allies are Democratic, would it still be appropriate to call them axis? However there is an easy fix! After conversion go to your V2toDH Mod folder then go into the "scenarios" folder, then edit with notepad or notepad++ the "custom2.eug" file. If you look at around line 11, it will start naming the alliances, with the participants, the first TAG is the leader of the Alliance. on the line that says "alliance" you can change that to axis, allies, or comintern and in game it will name the alliance that! Ill show you an example from my game.

Here is right after conversion
Code:
name       = "1936_SCENARIO"
panel      = "scenarios/data/scenario_1936.bmp"
header =
{ name       = "Grand Campaign"
  startdate  = { year = 1936 }
  selectable = { U34 }
U34 = {}
}
globaldata = {
startdate = { year = 1936 month = january day = 0 }
alliance =
{ id    = { type = 15000 id = 1 }
participant = { USA U46  }
}
alliance =
{ id    = { type = 15000 id = 2 }
participant = { ENG U29  U31  U18  U19  U30  U28  IND  U22  U20  U26  U21  U50  U45  U47  U32  SIA  TUR  U02  GER  GER  }
}
alliance =
{ id    = { type = 15000 id = 4 }
participant = { ITA EGY  U02  U43  POR  SPA  U41  }
}

enddate   = { year = 1964 month = january day = 0 }
}

Here I changed the names!
Code:
name       = "1936_SCENARIO"
panel      = "scenarios/data/scenario_1936.bmp"
header =
{ name       = "Grand Campaign"
  startdate  = { year = 1936 }
  selectable = { U34 }
U34 = {}
}
globaldata = {
startdate = { year = 1936 month = january day = 0 }
axis =
{ id    = { type = 15000 id = 1 }
participant = { USA U46  }
}
allies =
{ id    = { type = 15000 id = 2 }
participant = { ENG U29  U31  U18  U19  U30  U28  IND  U22  U20  U26  U21  U50  U45  U47  U32  SIA  TUR  U02  GER  GER  }
}
comintern =
{ id    = { type = 15000 id = 4 }
participant = { ITA EGY  U02  U43  POR  SPA  U41  }
}

enddate   = { year = 1964 month = january day = 0 }
}

Now USA will be axis, Eng will be allies, and Italy will be comintern.

Here is the post about Tension
So I am excited to talk about the next big update which adds events. Custom events along with the changes to slider conversion will be coming in the next week (hopefully).

Events will be created at the beginning of the game and add a new element to the game called "Tension". If you are a great power and have -150 relations with another great power then a rivalry starts between your two countries and starts Tension. Tension is what you expect it to be and determines how likely you are going to go to war with the other country. Tension has different levels at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30.

You will get random events that increase tension, (For instance there was a murder in your country and the main suspect was a spy from your rival) around 1 a year for each country. You have 2 options, either blame the other country and increase tension, or take the blame and get a dissent hit but decrease tension.

Another change with tension is alliances. If you and a country have +190 relations, and that country is not in an alliance, negotiations start to form an alliance within a year. Your rivals get to respond to this proposed alliance, and can either allow it (for a dissent hit), condemn it (for a smaller dissent hit but increase tension), or at higher tension levels (15 or higher), to force the end of negotiations of the alliance or declare war. If they choose the third option, you can either go to war and get the alliance, or end negotiations for a large dissenthit. You can still make alliances the old way however and ignore this bit, however it is a lot faster then doing it the vanilla way.

Lastly if your country gets to 30 Tension, war is imminent and an event strikes that you can either declare war or do a diplomatic mission to ease tensions. This diplomatic mission will be expensive and will cause a huge dissent hit as you are cowarding away from a fight from a country that has been constantly bullying you!

This is the basic framework that I have made for its initial release in v0.2 but hopefully I would like to add other features that make the system even more dynamic, such as spending money to increase or decrease tensions, or events to increase tensions between other countries to promote war, and more dynamic events that cause each game to be unique it its own way.

A suggestion: for starting manpower, since Darkest Hour operates on a 1 MP=1,000 man basis how about making it: number of soldier POPs/1,000=starting manpower pool. Then DH's mobilization decision/event system can handle the issue of manpower for mobilization.*

That does still leave, of course, leave how to determine the number of manpower points and their distribution...

EDIT: Okay, I just checked and it appears that the total number of provincial manpower is equal to every millionth population. For example, 1936 Germany had just over 67 million people IRL and thus in Darkest Hour has a total of 67 manpower points. Thus, obviously, the way the converter should be set up is like this:

Total Population(which is number of POPs times 4, as each POP represents a family of 4)/1,000,000=Total Number of Manpower Points.

You could then assign the manpower points to be concentrated in the same locations as high infrastructure and high IC provinces.

Last edited:
Hey thatsgerman, glad you have gotten the converter pretty well figured out. Great work as always. In regards to supporting CWTT, you may also want to include the Cold War sprite pack (SKIF) as well. Both the sprite pack and CWTT are used by NWO2, so the NWO2 thread has links to both of those mods if you can't find them.

Now, how to implement those mods would be interesting. My thoughts would be that you include another check box in the convertor menu asking if you'd like the CW stuff added. If it is checked, those things are adapted into the new mod for DH. Not sure how difficult that will be... will take some time coding that out and a good understanding of what those mods do by themselves. You would also likely require a full install (or the assets) for both of those mods to be included in your converter data package, so that will increase the file size. Alternatively you could add another path field, asking the user to provide the paths to the existing installs of CWTT/sprite pack, but I think including the relevant files from the mods in your data package would work best. Avoids user error, in any case.

I still have my V2 game as Germany I want to play for real (besides testing), but I am actually waiting on the CWTT support. So for me, I'm definitely looking forward to that implementation. Want to be able to play to the 90s. :D