• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So an AI putting forts from the Russian border all the way to Moscow is somehow ok? Or having them in every single French province? That is making wars far more costly and long with no bearing on reality. I mean defense in depth is one thing, but forts from one side of Europe to the other is ridiculous.

So an AI putting forts from the Russian border all the way to Moscow is somehow ok? Or having them in every single French province? That is making wars far more costly and long with no bearing on reality. I mean defense in depth is one thing, but forts from one side of Europe to the other is ridiculous.
Forts should be more expensive to build and should cost money to maintain

I don't understand the issue people are having with forts. They do exactly what they should be doing, which is to make it so as technology and economy improves, occupation of provinces becomes more difficult.

Also, are people not using siege units in their armies or something? They exist for a reason you know.

I don't understand the issue people are having with forts. They do exactly what they should be doing, which is to make it so as technology and economy improves, occupation of provinces becomes more difficult.

Also, are people not using siege units in their armies or something? They exist for a reason you know.

people whine because they can't easily ''paint the map'', but when they get to conquer the world they whine the game offers no military opposition to their mammoth country...

Forts should be more expensive to build and should cost money to maintain

No, god no. Upkeep would be a terrible addition. It'd be entirely too easy for the player to wait for a country to build lots of forts, occupy them, murder their industry, and then point and laugh as the upkeep costs keeps their nation in a permanent bankruptcy cycle.

Also, lacking the ability to demolish forts voluntarily means larger nations have no method of removing forts that are no longer critical as the borders move. Also bad.

And yea, I feel like the people complaining about forts have forgotten that siege and recon units now speed up occupations. A lot. Occupations are on average faster than they used to be, you just have to actually have a collection of units good at it. Infantry and Artie are great for kicking ass, not so much for the occupations.

A full-strength stack of ten units with 2 tank, 1 engineer, and 1 hussar can take down a minimally-forted province in 10-20 days. Without tanks, I was taking down provinces after about 30 days.

I love tanks. Too bad I can't convince my people to build more of them and to stop using cars for civilian applications...

Please can someone who has bought the game make a new thread about the bug of reloading games because I can't and I won't buy the game until it is fixed or if a developer reads this please correct the bug because otherwise this game is great ?

Last edited:
We really need another patch, especially to fix the 1836 scenario; AI is too passive and would rather get countries into its sphere than turn them into colonies which means some secondary powers such as Ottoman Empire are overpowered.

IMO the game has reached its limits and any further patching or expansion would be throwing good code after bad. Love the game, but time to put the time into starting afresh with V3.

It's not dead, but it is badly damaged.

Until there is a V3 a policy of monthly patches would be welcome. Especially one that would get rid of the useless 'newspaper'.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Got bug with factory don't need any input resource :|
v2game2013-12-1214-03-53-14.png

Hi there, sorry for posting here but i need some informations about how to buy Victoria 2 and some add-ons and also some mods, but i don't know why i just have the permission of replying to threads and not create new ones !!! And as a noob in Vicky 2 i really need some informations and help, so thus who can explain me and give me the answers???