• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 14, 2003
Hi Folks,

Just to let you know, that after much delay v0.2 of The Manual Project has been released on N!ghtY's Stony Road Site.

Follow this link: http://www.stonyroad.de/ to get to it.

Be advised that you will now have to register at the site to be able to download the file.

Its 1.62mb in size and comes in Acrobat PDF format.

Feeback is most welcome and your assistance is appreciated if anyone wants to take one section! There have been some NEW volunteers but no one has actually produced anything so far!!

Remember the more people involved the quicker TMP will be finished.

Enjoy,
2Coats

Congradulations 2Coats on the new release. Great effort and a good addition to the HOI community of users.

I attempted to register to the Stony Road site to d/l the manual, but it never sent me an email to activate my account... Thus I'm stuck... I could reregister, but I would have to change my username, which would confuse me... :)

It now says I need to contact the forum administrator on the Stoney Road site, but I don't have a clue how to do that....

Thanks,

Ken

Tmp

N!ghtY said:
Hello

The idea was to draw people to contributing to TMP. But as it stands nobody is willing to contribute.

Here is the direct link now:

http://www.stonyroad.de/files/tmp_20040301_v020.pdf
I just downloaded it. Great job. I wish it would have been available when the game first came out. The Hoi original manual wasn't that helpful. I used to work in the software industry and IMO this manual is very professionaly written. Easy to read and follow, with lots of info. :rofl:

Cpt Archer said:
I just downloaded it. Great job. I wish it would have been available when the game first came out. The Hoi original manual wasn't that helpful. I used to work in the software industry and IMO this manual is very professionaly written. Easy to read and follow, with lots of info. :rofl:

Thx. Its good to hear that. Will it surprise you that I have over 7yrs experience in the S.W industry and have written plenty of manuals and reports! Probably not!:)

After spending a while leafing thru this beast I got 2 gripes:
1) No table of contents.. Easy enough to generate if the original file is in Word format, I could do that.
2) Skipping actual unit movement stuff. Crucial bit there (IMO) is that you can order air units to intercept their home province and they'll attack any air units within 1 province distance.

*In a totally neutral tone*

Kidder.... TMP is a work in progress and since no one actually contributes anymore except me then it gets done when I have the time.

Unfortunately, until I get some spare time, it doesnt look like anymore sections will be done anytime soon unless someone volunteers, and I mean doesnt just put their hand up. I have had approximately 6 people in the last couple of months volunteer and then not actually produce anything!

Thats been the story of this community produced piece of work, lots of people want it but no one wants to do it, Im afraid.

Sorry, but thats the way it is! :(

Regards
2Coats

N!ghtY said:

I downloaded this file twice (on different days) and get the same result. After a VERY long download I get a 389kb file named tmp_20040301_v020.pdf. When I attempt to open this file using the latest acrobat reader, I get a message saying "error opening the document. Could not repair file."

Where can I get an uncorrupted file preferably with a download time that will enable me to receive the file in my lifetime? ;)