UW Raven FP "Prototype" drop limit(s)? [Potential reply spoilers]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It resets after the round, or at the very beginning (take your pick). ECM is totally overpowered, particularly when coupled with assaults.

I've been running a lance with a raven and 3 assaults loaded with Guass, PPC's and Missiles. Basically just find a wooded area and use breaching shot and multi target to wear the enemy down, reserve until last and the op for will barely get a shot in. In one mission I mowed down 3 successive heavy/assault (mixed) lances and took about 100 damage total. Just sat in the middle of a lake and let them come. If they ever get close enough to break ECM they are pretty easy to kill. Put a sensor lock pilot in the Raven and it's even easier.

For giggles I loaded up a Raven with a 50 dmg Large laser, a heap of armor and a +100m sensor pack and took on the Steel Beast Mission. Beat it easily, even though I did let that AC5 connect a couple of times and that was only because his cheating friends had 2 sensor lock pilots. (it took about 30 rounds LOL) just kept kiting him out.

Ultra busy at work, but I finally was able to play it through, and I was a bit...overprepared given the little bits that dropped in this thread. Played the finale very cautiously with the stock mechs, and I barely got my paint scratched. I did not know that the BAP had the range that it did, but the fact I decided to bring my ace tactics pilot along (because of the nature of the mission, just in case) was the best decision (since it actually has RANGE), and it made it effortless. Also hilarious, because when something wanders into the ECM circle of your tight little pack, the best move was to surround and melee the jerks to submission. You came to the wrong neighborhood, buddy.

Had main force and turrets eradicated before the Locusts spawned. Poor Locusts. Those pilots were questioning their life choices.

I even had 75 LRMs in my Treb's bin, even though that chassis is a case of why the heck do you carry 8 rounds worth of ammo for your MAIN WEAPONS.

ECM in this game is almost the equivalent of AOE stealth armor. Invaluable. Will leverage it for the entire rest of the career. Bet you nobody would have poo-pooed that prototype if it was that good in classic BT.

Thanks to everyone in this thread. <3

Well I spoiled it already but good thing I read the thread.. Debating whether to do this next or stop at a Kurita one on the way there first. I think Prototype only has like 60 days left and from where Im at on the map in Davion space its going to take 48 just to get there. Yeah its definitely got the same bug Flashpoint had. I had Hatchemen before I ever got the mission that introduced it, and Ive got parts of a Raven already as well (those guys are little bastards let me tell you!). I was about to start this one last night at like 1:30 in the morning hoping to get another quickie out of the way. Sounds like its a good thing I said 'nah Im going to bed now' haha.

So far the lance I pulled out to cover the max 200/55 contracts has worked out good. I had forgotten what it was like to get hurt, but man the disco Hunchback is fun again haha. I did one last night that was a max 75T/240 total. Had to make due with a very minimal sniper guy (no armor and a Gauss heh) and my second front liner was in a AC/10 armed Centurion but at least I got an Orion up front and I had enough weight left to use the 4 missle Catapult for the boat.

For the last mission, instead of heading upward from the starting point, I tried going left and approaching the base from "below" on my second attempt. It let me start popping turrets with the ground reinforcements on the other side of the base, and when they started showing up, they were spread out enough that I could focus fire on the leading Locusts immediately. Without the Locusts getting in close, the rest of the defenders were practically helpless.

In any case, definitely prioritize the turrets and Locusts. A Locust inside your ECM bubble + Sensor Lock from the turrets pretty much negates your missile defense, which otherwise leaves the defenders resorting to spray 'n' pray tactics. And don't forget about using the active probe to ping targets for your own Griffin and Trebuchet.
I tried the same thing, and the game wouldn't let me. When I try going left I make it right up to the sidewalk of the street the complex is on, but it won't let me cross the sidewalk onto the street. I tried back near the scenario boundary and about halfway down the street, and the result was the same. I suppose I could try blowing down buildings to get to the street that way, but…

I have looked as closely as I could, and I'm not seeing any obstructions. There's no visible line separating the sidewalk from the street, and it looks completely level, no matter how I change the camera angle.

I tried the same thing, and the game wouldn't let me. When I try going left I make it right up to the sidewalk of the street the complex is on, but it won't let me cross the sidewalk onto the street. I tried back near the scenario boundary and about halfway down the street, and the result was the same. I suppose I could try blowing down buildings to get to the street that way, but…

I have looked as closely as I could, and I'm not seeing any obstructions. There's no visible line separating the sidewalk from the street, and it looks completely level, no matter how I change the camera angle.
This is my preferred tactic, after my early lessons of mission fails and scraping through with 1 surviving mech from trying to go directly there. When going to the left you have to swing out wide to the left, well past the power transformer on that side of the base. As I recall, you follow streets through an elevation change ramp (down) then cut wide through a small greenspace between buildings to the road the base is on. This is where the evac zone will be after the buildings are down, so if you aren't concerned with salvage or take too much damage, just drop the buildings fast and run back to the evac to complete.

I was finally able to get through by going to the right to the park in the southeast corner, fighting the defenders as they approach, running up to kill the southeast tower and trigger the reinforcements, back off a block to kill them, then a last surge to finish everything off. The only hitch came when I ran out of LRMs for the Trebuchet just as the last of the initial defenders fell, but as it turned out I didn't them.

Thank you for responding.