• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
This is a list of tools I found useful and are available for any users with average knowledge of computers and Windows in general.

I would invite you all to add links and a short description to other tools you like (registry editor/clearner, diagnosing utilities, etc.).

Tools
Direct X Buster
This tool will let you remove any version of Direct X from version 5 up to 8.1. The tool is in beta version for DX 8.1 but works nonetheless. This tool doesn't work with Windows XP (and it shouldn't be needed with XP)

Detonator Destroyer
This one lets you completely uninstall any Nvidia Drivers present on your system.

Nvidia Drivers
For TNT/TNT2 cards:
12.41 for TNT/TNT2 cards under Windows 9x, Me
12.41 for TNT/TNT2 cards under Windows 2000 or XP
This drivers are the most stable up to now

Other cards (GeForce and Quadro)
Latest drivers are easily available from Nvidia's main site.

Voodoo Cards (3Dfx)
3rd party drivers, tips&resources for 3dfx owners

ATI Cards
ATI Driver Download

Sites
Tweak 3D
This is for advanced users only. Contains tips and links to other sites to improve overall computer performance.

Most Originally posted by Viper37

Last edited:
Several people have requested a way to change the hot keys, particularly the Pause key. Here is a link to a Keyboard remapper.

Keyboard REMAPPER

BROKEN SAVE GAMES

SirReal has written a small command-line utility that can fix the most common error in broken save-game files.

You can download a zipfile containing a README, source code and an executable from http://linkdata.se/hearts-of-iron/hoifix.zip.

It is old and I am not sure it works with the current version or not.