• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

giovdb

General
63 Badges
Sep 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
I'm not using any mods or expansions.

I'm reporting this as a bug because even if it's wad, some changes should be made for clarity. I defeated a player, then attempted to use influence to convert a colony to my cause. On the same turn that I used the influence, the middle red units disappeared, but my units did not move to the center city hex tile. The city remained greyed out. When I tried moving my unit to the center hex again, it asked if I wanted to attack my ally. When I moved the screen away from that city, then came back to it, it switched to my ally's color. I do believe that city was originally owned by my ally, and then was captured by the enemy that I defeated (but I could be wrong).

1) I don't think this is WAD, because it acted really buggy (as it didn't switch to my ally's color right away).
2) As far as I know, if an enemy occupies a city, then you take it back, you keep control of the city, so I'm not sure why it would be any different with influence.
3) Even if the ally getting the city is somehow WAD, it should state so in that Colony in Anarchy message. It should state who would get the colony if I spend the influence.
4) Even better still, maybe colonies that are occupied by the enemy should automatically convert back to their original owner if that enemy falls.

Unfortunately, I did not keep a save file at this point of the game.

20200712234212_1.jpg
20200712234104_1.jpg
20200712234549_1.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey Goivdb, thanks for reaching out. This is working as intended, if they colony belonged to your Ally before it was taken over it will be returned to them when you liberate it. I'll have somebody look into whether we can make the tooltip context dependent and show that the colony will be liberated instead of acquired.

Hey Goivdb, thanks for reaching out. This is working as intended, if they colony belonged to your Ally before it was taken over it will be returned to them when you liberate it. I'll have somebody look into whether we can make the tooltip context dependent and show that the colony will be liberated instead of acquired.
Sounds good. I think making that decision visible before the influence is spent would be a great way to 'fix' the issue. Thank you :)

On that note though, if I had simply conquered that city while the other player still existed, wouldn't I have had control of it? Or would it have been liberated for the ally as well? With the logic above, it should also be liberated, and if that's the case, maybe there should be a different color scheme for cities that are occupied to show who the city would go back to if liberated. Something similar to Europa's occupied territory for instance, with off-colored lines striking through.

It would have been liberated for your ally as far as I know.
If your ally had maintained control of the city previously (not recently conquered/lost/absorbing) and it was lost to the enemy who then had not yet gained full control over it, you would have liberated the city for your ally.