• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a requirement of having the War Department focus complete before the USA can send attaches to counties?
Nope.

It just makes it a bit easier, since you'll have more command power.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nope.

It just makes it a bit easier, since you'll have more command power.
Well, I will have to remove all of my MODs to double check that, because I cannot send an attaché to china after Japan declares war. When I do not have the War department, I cannot, but when I do have the War department I can.

The ability to improve relations is independent of presence of the War Department.

Reactions:
Well, I will have to remove all of my MODs to double check that, because I cannot send an attaché to china after Japan declares war. When I do not have the War department, I cannot, but when I do have the War department I can.

The ability to improve relations is independent of presence of the War Department.
I just checked with nothing but UI mods, and was able to send an attaché on war start, without even beginning the War Department focus. What mods are you running?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I recently played as USA (but with a mod).

China did not readily accept an offer of an American attache.

But after boosting China's opinion of the USA to about 30 or 40, China then accepted the attache from America.

But after boosting China's opinion of the USA to about 30 or 40, China then accepted the attache from America.
No need to boost, just offer a non-aggression pact. USA is still PP deficient in 1937.

• 2Like
Reactions:
No need to boost, just offer a non-aggression pact. USA is still PP deficient in 1937.

Excellent point.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Non-aggression pact for the win!

20 (inclusive) is the exact threshold.

• 1Like
Reactions: