• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Sire George," the sole Hobgoblin of the group says. He meagerly approaches Lucas before bowing. "You may not know me, Sire George, but my name is Niccello the Blessed. Many years ago, your Father came across my group and allowed us safe pilgrimage through your Ancestral Homeland. Without him, my people, the survivors of the Fallen city of Zenok'iee, would've all died."

Lucas looked at Niccello, and then he smiled. "I do not know what to say. My father did not tell me about his story- that must have been on his final quest where he met his untimely end at the hands of Plutus. However, I am very glad to meet you. I am glad you met my father, and not my sister- she has given herself over to the forces of darkness." He glanced gloomily downward, then lifted up his face. "But yes I am glad to meet you, and to know the fruits of my father's good deed led to me getting the opportunity to get to know more about you."

Ming, still angry, says "Why did you even bring all these terrible men to this mission? Especially that shitty Goblin."

"Watch your tongue, Ming," Geromane responds. "Yes, Niccello is a Goblin, but he has proven himself countless times and is a proud follower of Ouro'ras. As of the others, they may not be the most disciplined, but they are indeed highly trained, highly qualified fighters."

Lucas glared at Ming dead in the eye. "I would suggest, dearest comrade, that you not insult your companions thus. Regardless of the honor and moral code you are breaking by insulting fellows of the order, it would not profit your position and would lead to divisions within the team. I would humbly recommend that you keep your pride in check, or at least to yourself. Like it or not, we are stuck together for a while now, and we might as well make the best of the situation."

"Yessir."

((Edit: did not realize the gear check was a legend roll so that's why I didn't go for it.))

((Yeah, it was supposed to be a surprise if anyone got a 20. It's too late for that now. :p

Also, just in case you don't know, your Nimbus Familiar can talk to you, but only you and your brother can understand him. It's a mental link thing.))

Lucas looked at Niccello, and then he smiled. "I do not know what to say. My father did not tell me about his story- that must have been on his final quest where he met his untimely end at the hands of Plutus. However, I am very glad to meet you. I am glad you met my father, and not my sister- she has given herself over to the forces of darkness." He glanced gloomily downward, then lifted up his face. "But yes I am glad to meet you, and to know the fruits of my father's good deed led to me getting the opportunity to get to know more about you."

((I'm not sure if Lucas would know this. Can you give me a good canon reason why Lucas would know that Marcia became a Dread Lord?))

Lucas glared at Ming dead in the eye. "I would suggest, dearest comrade, that you not insult your companions thus. Regardless of the honor and moral code you are breaking by insulting fellows of the order, it would not profit your position and would lead to divisions within the team. I would humbly recommend that you keep your pride in check, or at least to yourself. Like it or not, we are stuck together for a while now, and we might as well make the best of the situation."

Ming almost responds to Lucas but Geromane holds his hand. "Enough," he commanded, "we have a mission to do."

"Oi'm ready, Grand Mastah!" Thaine says.

"Alright. Mainur, Thaine, Ming and the Wittingzers, stay by my side. Niccello, Lucas, Simon, Alain and Trayn, stay close behind. We must keep our eyes open for any Cultist ambush, got it?"

"Yes, Sire Vinistro," Niccello says.

Slowly, our group enters the Castle...
k8DLDTr.png

Immediately, our group finds themselves in a large entrance hall, with walls of mountain and floors of blue crystals. A flight of stairs made of purple painted wood, and a painted stoney hallway greet them, as well as Candelabras and Chandeliers that seem to have died down. Paintings and furniture around them lay broken or torn. A smell and sense of death and dread fills our heroes senses; as if Golestandt himself laid within these mountains.

Geromane looks around, worried. "Stay focused, men," Germone says, "I sense Death near. Cultists and Ageless must not be far off..."

"Then let's end them and be done with this!" Wendell mutters as he pulls his torch out

"Then let's end them and be done with this!" Wendell mutters as he pulls his torch out

Wendell pulls out his torch.
tGgaSgN.png

He successfully lights it up. The area is now slightly spookier, as the light gives off thick shadows in the area. Shadows, Wendell thinks, are moving...
uIScg9w.png

((Well, this is an interesting first Crit fail...))

Immediately, before him appears a Gnome that appears to be sneaking by. Everyone stares at the Gnome as he just appeared out of no where.
nIUEhYC.png

"... Uh... Hello?" The Gnome says in a deep, kind of goofy voice.

"Halt, Gnome!" Geromane says. "That robe... That's the Robe of a Necromancer!"

"Uh..." The Gnome says, looking away. "It... might be?"

"Men, we found a Cultist trying to flee with Invisibility! Attack!"

Combat has started. Players have the initiative.
6YluFsA.png

Players Turn:
H6MP8LH.png

Wendell gets this round. The 3 Random Treasures Horace gets from his Whitesmith Nimbus are Slingshot, Scimitar and Freeboot Coat.

Last edited:
"Well, that was fast." Wendell remarks and then turns to the gnome "Come here so I can beat you into a bloody pile!"

Moves forward and attacks with magefists

((Hey @DingoWalley, whatever happened to Luftwafer?))

((I dunno. I told him about 5 times before Sunday that he needed to sign up, but he never responded. No matter what, he's sadly too late for this campaign. Hopefully, he can make it to SILVERBAK.))

"Well, that was fast." Wendell remarks and then turns to the gnome "Come here so I can beat you into a bloody pile!"

Moves forward and attacks with magefists

Wendell runs up to the Gnome.
tFFSWkq.png

Wendell successfully hits the Gnome, dealing 18 Damage. "Ow!" The Gnome yells. "How rude!" Wendell has an Anytime Action left.

Last edited:
Mainur strolls to the right of the room, uninterested in fighting a single Gnome.

Mainur, uninterested in the fight, looks at the right of the room. He can see a bunch of tattered and torn paintings, as well as a mountainy wall in front of him. "Mainur!" Geromane yells, "Get over here and help fight!"

((What would you like Thaine like to do?))

Mainur glances back at the party.

"Hey big lad, show us some of your sorceries! You think you can Enlarge yourself? And turn that nuisance of a Gnome into a llama with some Polymorph, will ya?"

"Can do, me lord!" Thaine says as he gets closer to the Gnome. First, he is going to enlarge himself.
s9zaPPL.png

He successfully enlarges himself. He then casts Polymorph on the Gnome.
odcKmSC.png

He successfully casts Polymorph, transforming him into a Kobold. "Huh," the former Gnome says, "this is a little weird."
vPXfqvm.png

Thaine is out of Actions.

The kobold Settenstorn bursts out in thigh-slapping laughter!

"Brilliant! You're quite the companion, Thaine!

Damn to fighting, this is far too much fun to watch."

Mainur continues to laugh, forfeiting his other actions that turn.

Last edited:
The kobold Settenstorn bursts out in thigh-slapping laughter!

"Brilliant! You're quite the companion, Thaine!

Damn to fighting, this is far too much fun to watch."

Mainur continues to laugh, forfeiting his other actions that turn.

((I would at least recommend you keep your Anytime action, just in case.))

"Mainur!" Geromane yells in anger.

"These are our best men?!" Ming yells back at Geromane.

"Be quiet, Ming!"

Niccello, trying to focus on the fight, moves into position and launches an arrow with his Dragonskin Bow.
jl4upWn.png

He successfully hits the Ageless, dealing 20 damage. "Huh, a Hobgoblin," the Kobold says quizzically. "Interesting..."

Attack with the longsword.

"It is begun, Simon. Don't worry, I've got your back. Lets protect the world from the cultists!"

Attack with the longsword.

"It is begun, Simon. Don't worry, I've got your back. Lets protect the world from the cultists!"

Lucas runs up to the Kobold Cultist, having to Sprint to do so.
i5rD1wr.png

Lucas successfully sprints up to the Cultist. He then swings at the Kobold with his sword.
VxnUKyV.png

As Lucas swings, the Kobold Grabs the Longsword. A small gleam of light comes off his dead eye as he slightly smirks. "I shan't be having any of that," the Kobold says, as he then kicks Lucas in the Stomach.
YrCGEdb.png

He successfully kicks Lucas, sending him back 3 spaces and dealing 5 Damage. Because of that Critical Failure, Lucas is out of Actions. Simon still has all of his Actions.
7siNpya.png

ga8d3fl.png

((Voyager and for Ironhide to use his companion))

Use anytime to hit the kobold again at this point