• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hah - haven’t got HOI4 and have only followed one or two brief AARs (funnily enough one of which was the Belgian ‘nuclear option’ I think must have been the one cited earlier)!

But am amused by the Australian event :D. If it is true to history, it would see Curtin aligning more to the US - not necessarily abandoning the Allies as such, just waiting until Australia was directly threatened some time after the US had presumably joined the Allies. But I have no idea how the game plays that in HOI4 so will view with interest from my limited and lowly form-bound perspective! :p

Uruguay should invade Australia now :p that is by waiting many years into the future and hopefully they are in no alliances. Their emus can't stand a chance against the uboats.

Uruguay should invade Australia now :p that is by waiting many years into the future and hopefully they are in no alliances. Their emus can't stand a chance against the uboats.
Haha: is that sea-borne emus or land-submarines? :D

Sharks will get them at sea then crocs on the beaches, then the snakes and spiders on land. We even knocked Uruguay out in the (real) football playoffs a few tournaments back to get into the World Cup! :p

Bring those Uruguayans on!

Just so we manage to cork the thing properly :D
:p Well, if you end-up with lots of bubbles...please take pictures.:)

Well now, the Aussies leaving the Allies? This should be a nice twist - as your crews learn to live underwater. If you could ally with France, you might be able to get a young Jacques Cousteau to help with that last bit.:D

Subscribed!
Welcome aboard!

Hah - haven’t got HOI4 and have only followed one or two brief AARs (funnily enough one of which was the Belgian ‘nuclear option’ I think must have been the one cited earlier)!

But am amused by the Australian event :D. If it is true to history, it would see Curtin aligning more to the US - not necessarily abandoning the Allies as such, just waiting until Australia was directly threatened some time after the US had presumably joined the Allies. But I have no idea how the game plays that in HOI4 so will view with interest from my limited and lowly form-bound perspective! :p
As I recall there are essentially four outcomes in the AUS focus tree:
1) Stay with UK
2) Separate from UK, remain democratic
3) Separate from UK, go Fascist
4) Separate from UK, go Communist

Hah! We shall see.

Haha: is that sea-borne emus or land-submarines? :D

Sharks will get them at sea then crocs on the beaches, then the snakes and spiders on land. We even knocked Uruguay out in the (real) football playoffs a few tournaments back to get into the World Cup! :p

Bring those Uruguayans on!
The mighty Uruguayan navy shall never be sunk if they go onto land! :D

:p Well, if you end-up with lots of bubbles...please take pictures.:)

Well now, the Aussies leaving the Allies? This should be a nice twist - as your crews learn to live underwater. If you could ally with France, you might be able to get a young Jacques Cousteau to help with that last bit.:D
That would be funny. We shall have to see how it goes out.

Welcome aboard!

As I recall there are essentially four outcomes in the AUS focus tree:
1) Stay with UK
2) Separate from UK, remain democratic
3) Separate from UK, go Fascist
4) Separate from UK, go Communist

Hah! We shall see.

The mighty Uruguayan navy shall never be sunk if they go onto land! :D

That would be funny. We shall have to see how it goes out.
Re the subs: there isn’t an advanced tech slot for stealth? Some invisibility paint could come in handy ;)

So form-bound, I have expanded our army from two weak divisions to four weak divsions. I don’t suppose there is actually much point, but it was something to do. Oh and we have built a few forts. Still unlocking factories via focuses. Oh look, apparently our populace dislikes our so-called re-armament. Well, sorry Uruguayans this needs to happen.

ybBgRoV.jpg

More computing and industrial research - and, mmm, what is this. Well, Australia has chosen to ally with the United States. More interestingly Germany has attacked Czechoslovakia in 1938 - the Munich Diktat.

yDMbIFn.jpg

Oh, Czechoslovakia has joined the Allies - which does not yet include France. Oh, and look, the Poles have formed their Baltic alliance.

ms6wQWG.jpg

So we move to Limited Conscription, but mostly we just watch what is happening. Japan is attacking China on schedule, and having more or less their own way. But the the Czechs are holding out - see we are at the end of the year and everything is holding together.

Uq5NTnZ.jpg

lFY4X5P.jpg

I don’t know about you, form-bound, but I am enjoying this.

I don’t know about you, form-bound, but I am enjoying this.

Weren't we speculating the the simulations may be more than simulations at one point? This line makes me hope that's not true.

Weren't we speculating the the simulations may be more than simulations at one point? This line makes me hope that's not true.
Back in this post I pointed out that "they are not simulations. There is no computer programme."

Oh look, apparently our populace dislikes our so-called re-armament. Well, sorry Uruguayans this needs to happen.

ybBgRoV.jpg
Yes, the short-sighted populace must be properly directed. Though (from that picture on the news report) why that should involve women polishing large glass Christmas decorations is a bit perplexing! :confused::D
Well, Australia has chosen to ally with the United States.
Ah, well played HOI4 game system! Historically plausible in game alt-history terms and better (aesthetically) than going down a Fascist or Communist path.

Yes, the short-sighted populace must be properly directed. Though (from that picture on the news report) why that should involve women polishing large glass Christmas decorations is a bit perplexing! :confused::D

Christmas decorations? I think you need to get your eyes checked. Clearly those are giant snowglobes ;)

Go Czechs, go! :D I do have a bit of a soft spot for seeing them try to defy their historical fate, even though it usually never ends well. In this world, though, it looks like they may have provoked a "war that came early" that will hopefully blunt Nazi ambitions somewhat.

Though (from that picture on the news report) why that should involve women polishing large glass Christmas decorations is a bit perplexing! :confused::D
It is the classic Guns or Baubles debate. Guns will make Uruguay powerful, but Baubles will look lovely on the Christmas Tree. It's a serious issue.

Another Uruguay AAR, with submarines none the less... I'm in.
As a foreign observer, i could note that those things the women are polishing look a lot like nose turrets for some kind of large bomber, but that would be ridiculous, as I don't think Uruguay knows what a large bomber is... So I'm going to go with 'Snowcones'. And yes El Pip, Guns or Snowcones is a very serious issue.

Another Uruguay AAR, with submarines none the less... I'm in.
I know, I am nothing if not derivative

Christmas decorations? I think you need to get your eyes checked. Clearly those are giant snowglobes ;)

It is the classic Guns or Baubles debate. Guns will make Uruguay powerful, but Baubles will look lovely on the Christmas Tree. It's a serious issue.

As a foreign observer, i could note that those things the women are polishing look a lot like nose turrets for some kind of large bomber, but that would be ridiculous, as I don't think Uruguay knows what a large bomber is... So I'm going to go with 'Snowcones'. And yes El Pip, Guns or Snowcones is a very serious issue.

You guys...those are Elf-huts for Santa's-helpers. Seriously, I'm afraid those ladies may be working on something like "Bee-eyes", possibly for a secret radar program.:D

Christmas decorations :confused:? Phew, I was already wondering what the devs had been doing during these last patches :p.
Personally I think these are like the decorations I have seen at Tivoli in København at Christmastime. :)

Ah, well played HOI4 game system! Historically plausible in game alt-history terms and better (aesthetically) than going down a Fascist or Communist path.

Nothing outrageously implausible thus far. Except perhaps for the plans of Uruguay. ;)

Go Czechs, go! :D I do have a bit of a soft spot for seeing them try to defy their historical fate, even though it usually never ends well. In this world, though, it looks like they may have provoked a "war that came early" that will hopefully blunt Nazi ambitions somewhat.
All in all I think this world has behaved remarkably well thus far. Well, I shall wee what you all think by the end of the next update

1939-40
Well the first half of 1939 has passed quietly enough hasn’t it form-bound? We’ve done some research, mostly industry, but one or two other items like Field Hospital. Oh, and look Uruguay is considering bombers. Bombers form-bound! We shall make Uruguay a proper power! And the Czechs are still holding out. The Chinese, well they are struggling a bit.

5iHatjz.jpg

VxiLSA2.jpg

WJUxFbp.jpg

Though we have an important success: the development of our next version of submarine.

YdaLQHO.jpg

And Radar. I feel it is important Uruguay should become a world-class centre of excellence in the most technologically advanced fields. Surely form-bound you agree?

But really 1939 has proven very dull. The wars in Europe and China still drag on - but at least now in the spring of 1940 we have built are next actual submarine.

WTMsRIw.jpg

So let us roll forward some more form-bound, and stop time! Look, look form-bound what has just happened.

mRuMWjZ.jpg

70kXqZI.jpg

dQDEdCH.jpg

So France joined the allies, Romania joined the Polish alliance, and whilst we were busy elsewhere Yugoslavia joined the Axis - and the Brits invaded Prussia. But that is not all, in October Hungary and Italy form an alliance.

jFirYII.jpg

China though looks like it is due to fall apart soon - but form-bound I have noticed something. We are at the end of 1940 and the world is … not facing armageddon. At this rate … I will never get to use uranium.

This is quite an alternate pattern of events and alliances forming. Just as clarification for a hapless form-bound not familiar with HOI4 or its settings, was there some option you selected at the start that leads to these non-standard outcomes being more likely to happen? Or is the game typically more prone to going a bit ahistorical when left largely to its own devices?