• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
Seeing only little information around here about underground resistance and partisan brigades, I decided to start this thread. Here's what I know about them:

Note the mysterious “PTS” between known MIL and GAR. In the Infantry tab, it seems they’re equal!

DUvPMVh.gif

However, PTS don’t have “Large Front” doctrine, meaning they will never have higher morale (organization regain) than 20%.

Terrain bonuses are also a bit different, though not in a game-breaking way.

mNOmnic.gif

Looking at the stats further, there is one awesome thing about PTS; they have NO supply consumption! Unless you mix them up with other unit types, they will never suffer supply issues. This makes them great for surging behind enemy lines, cutting of supply lines, conducting (preparations for) encirclements, raiding VPs... you name it.

Szroe9F.gif

The one annoying thing about PTS is one cannot reorganize them between divisions, at least not directly. You can only “merge” them to get them in desired units. Neither can you upgrade them to different unit type.

PTS are spawned with the name “xth (nation) Partisans”, while MIL are spawned with the name “xth (nation) Nationalists”. I’ve also seen “1st Chinese Revolters” in this game, though I don’t know the conditions for this name :)

MIL are spawned with 3% experience, PTS with 2%.

These were the basic differences between MIL and PTS. Now to some UR mechanics:

UR gain 0.01 “points” a day. You can spawn MIL or PTS for 0.5 and expand the base for 1 point.

The higher the suppression, the higher chance it gets rooted out.

They can be placed into 0-infra provinces, but I didn’t see mine spawning directly there and neither they spawned in Mongolia.

Units seem to spawn either with 20 or 25 organization and full strength.

MIL and PTS are spawned with random tech levels, down to individual technologies. Compare the above stats of units!

I have no idea when UR spawns PTS and when MIL. I think one type spawns when they spawn right in the revolting province and the other when they spawn near the revolting province, though I’d need some testing to prove that.

UR obviously doesn’t spread into “core” hostile territory. Imagine spreading the French resistance all the way to Berlin... o_O

Before:

jCoBhJD.gif

After:

4vQppBo.gif

Note not all my URs were at full strength ;)

Interesting :)

Your Militia and Partisans use the same picture!

For the record, they are not the same thing, sir! :p

Blame Paradox :p

Well, damn! There goes my plan to replace all my marines with partisans!

LR

Haha, yeah. They're only effective against low-tech nations. A single armor brigade would squash ten brigades of them :mellow:

Lol, it is ironic though that MIL have better river attack and amphibious attack than Infantry.

They don't. INF inherits only the basic penalties (they have no additional), so they have -60%, whereas MIL as -60% + -10% = 70%. PTS ought get -75%.

Huh, that's actually quite interested. I never knew they were different :eek:

Yeah, this was exactly point of the thread and why I linked it with my AAR. I wanted to put it just here, but then I decided it would get bigger attention here.

I always tough ally controlled provinces spawned militia, and enemy controlled spawned partisans.
They are useful as they don't require supply, but they are quite bad otherwise.
They seem useful for harassing behind the front line and absorbing enemy attention mostly, so your stronger divisions can actually encircle and destroy the enemy.