• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The forum Paradox Job Openings is not used any more.

Maybe delete it ?

Reactions:
The forum Paradox Job Openings is not used any more.

Maybe delete it ?
I don't know where that forum is situated, but usually all old forums are moved to the "Archive" forum section instead of being deleted.

Reactions:
Are there any plans to improve the forum's protection against the daily spam-bots?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The number of icons is now back. Not like before, but at least I can show how many I have, so it's a start. :)

Thanks !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for reimplementing the number of icons.

Would it be possible ot have it just be a number?
And ot have it be a golden badge like before? Preferably with stars like before. It feels more military like with a golden badge like that, and the PDX fora always have used military terms/iconography. E.g. look at how the custom ranks are military ranks.

Also, icons never have been called badges by PDX. It might be a silly thing, but at least for some of us old hands then badges just sound really wrong and offputting. Would it be poissble to have them called icons again?
(Calling the subfora nodes seems weird too, btw.)
New%20icon.png

Attachments

• New icon.png
    New icon.png
    194,6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Nice to see the number of icon back, thank you, @PDX Forum Dev ... however:
- i'm missing one owned item (EUIV Craddle of Civilisation despite resync'ing with Steam)
- i have (or should have) 213 owned products, each counting as an icon/badge... my count is therefore inaccurate (and i had a 213 plaque just before the forum upgrade)

Reactions:
So on my slate, the reaction button still requires a hover to expand. This is very annoying having to attach my keyboard so I can mouse over the button. Can we go back to a single action to reacted instead of two.
Also if you are only going to show the top three reactions why have seven reactions. The only one that I felt was missing before was a 'not helpful'

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mean, seriously. There's an option to collapse side navigation, but the side navigation doesn't collapse as expected?
As far as I've seen none of the (Sub)Forums currently use Side Navigation, only at the bottom and the top. I think the keyword here is Navigation, so it would only apply if there are sidebars that allow you to go to different Sub Forums and such within the Forum you're viewing.

Reactions:
Threads no longer show the total number of views, just the replies. I know the Watched Threat list does show views but rounds it to the nearest thousand (or million for the big threads).

Any chance we could get that feature back? It was nice to know what other people were looking at, because that is often different from what people are replying to.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I see no forum specific moderators anymore displayed anywere to contact in specific cases ?

Am i blind or are we supposed now to contact moderators, Paradox, god, the company cat,
the mailman via "Contact us" only ?

I guess i'm simply blind, but would like to know.

Reactions:
I see no forum specific moderators anymore displayed anywere to contact in specific cases ?
No, it has been removed, the menu which previously existed in each forum for a "moderator list" is another lost feature.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No, it has been removed, the menu which previously existed in each forum for a "moderator list" is another lost feature.

Thanks

Another lost feature.
Deja-vu, deja-vu.

At least i still have my old smilies
6jqFBQI.gif

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there anywhere an option that saves ( I repeat ... SAVES ) the chosen "Toggle Width"-adjustment ?!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there anywhere an option that saves ( I repeat ... SAVES ) the chosen "Toggle Width"-adjustment ?!
We are several users waiting for same feature. ;)

Reactions:
Still can't select what page of the thread I want to go to from outside the thread and this is a massive problem for me personally.
Screenshot_20200618-145518_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Though it seems additional work on the forums has stopped even before the swedish summer break:

Posts of people I follow don't show up in "Your news feed" if they have changed some things in their privacy settings. In case of developer posts I find this quite annoying.

Reactions:
Just discovered that it's no longer possible to search in your PMs and neither is it possible to mark them as noteworthy anymore. You used to be able to give them a "star" such that you could easily find them later.
That's two features I'd really like back, since when you have 60 pages of PMs like I have then finding important ones can be really hard.

Reactions:
Since the beginning of July, any new threads has exactly one more view than the thread has posts. Not a single thread started in July has view count more than +1 of number of posts in the thread, not a single thread has view count less than +1 of number of posts in the thread. Every single thread started in July has exactly one more views than it has posts in it.

If a thread has 14 posts, it has 15 views. If a thread has 478 posts, it has 479 views.

Highly suspicious. So suspicious it is guaranteed to be a bug.

Reactions: