• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something seems to have gone wrong with alerts for watched threads. Couldn't say what, exactly, because it seems to work as normal some of the time, but some threads get no alerts at all. Maybe it's a new time limit? Meaning no alerts if you haven't posted in a thread recently?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Something seems to have gone wrong with alerts for watched threads. Couldn't say what, exactly, because it seems to work as normal some of the time, but some threads get no alerts at all. Maybe it's a new time limit? Meaning no alerts if you haven't posted in a thread recently?
Are you sure? If you get an alert and don't look at it, no new alerts will get posted until you re-enter the thread. The alert will tell you "There may be more posts after this "

Reactions:
Are you sure? If you get an alert and don't look at it, no new alerts will get posted until you re-enter the thread. The alert will tell you "There may be more posts after this "
Yes, I'm sure, and it's not because I haven't responded to previous alerts. It seems to be if a thread hasn't had any activity for a while - maybe only a day or two. For example, the OT quiz thread, which I noticed today because it had a reply this morning, so was near the top of page one. No alert for that post, or for the previous post, which was on Thursday. Before that, the most recent posts were on Tuesday, and alerts were working normally then.

Reactions:
Hey, there's still no way to select a specific page of a thread without going into the thread on mobile and that's really bad.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@PDX Forum Dev When do you reckon I could get a forum option to disable the flashy animations? I'd love to load a page and not have to wait 2 or 3 seconds for the flashy fade-ins to happen on the forum listings and the rather unnecessary sidebars. I'd like everything to just be instantly visible with no animation whatsoever.

I inquired about this just after the forum was upgraded, but my request seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'd like everything to just be instantly visible with no animation whatsoever.
Personally I'd add a "wooosh" sound effect every time something slides in, but not before the entire page is temporarily replaced with a short countdown - say 10 seconds - that "beeps" down to zero everyone time you click on a new page. That'd be really cool and fancy! Just imagine how much anticipation you'd have build before you could actually use the forums for what they are supposed to be used!

Make it happen.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
@PDX Forum Dev , @pdxfreddy , any chance on an update on missing icons, missing golden plaques, missing reactions, missing groups,... ?

Reactions:
...When do you reckon I could get a forum option to disable the flashy animations? I'd love to load a page and not have to wait 2 or 3 seconds for the flashy fade-ins to happen on the forum listings and the rather unnecessary sidebars. I'd like everything to just be instantly visible with no animation whatsoever.

I think doing this in preferences should do what you are looking for, specifically using the "Paradox Classic" style and unselecting these three options.
oldandgood.jpg

specifically using the "Paradox Classic" style
The Paradox Classic style does eliminate the flashy animations that cost time between page loads, however Disabling twitter feeds and new threads/posts widgets doesn't remove the unecessary sidebars on the forum homepage and within forum thread listings.

I would prefer to use the newer color scheme since I prefer dark greys than blues, but that's just me.

Last edited:
The Paradox Classic style does eliminate the flashy animations that cost time between page loads,..

That's wghy i mentione dit, not knowing if you do know.

however Disabling twitter feeds doesn't remove the unecessary sidebars on the forum homepage and within forum thread listings.

That's what the "Toggle width" option (very) bottom left is for, as far as i know.....
and it was said that the account would remember it once used, but sadly that isn't the case and has to be selected every time you login.
Yes, i'm also annoyed, but you didn't mention if you know these features, so i told you. You' re welcome.

Personally I'd add a "wooosh" sound effect every time something slides in, but not before the entire page is temporarily replaced with a short countdown - say 10 seconds - that "beeps" down to zero everyone time you click on a new page. That'd be really cool and fancy! Just imagine how much anticipation you'd have build before you could actually use the forums for what they are supposed to be used!

Make it happen.
POTM
(Gonna nominate it as soon as the June POTM thread is up.)

Again, doesn't "fix" the sidebar issue. Thank you for the heads up.

Hmm...
The problem (to me) is not the forum overview, as some variant of it had always been around, whatever forum software or setup.
A moderator online, which users are online and where to find support. Makes also sense to me.

The issue is that it appears to be in every subforum...now.
b5Iplui.gif

I bet that wasn't around a few days ago...
I'm a bit baffled
IU8LdFJ.gif
, but don't think that i had simply overseen/missed it.

That's indeed garbage and annoying with specifically "Collapse Side Navigation" set in preferences.
non collapsed.jpg

So there we agree.

Last edited:
Reactions:
it appears to be in every subforum
Indeed.

On a related note, my comments about the unnecessary animations. ... They return when I click into any of the game-specific forums. ... Now while I know disabling Use Game Hubs allows my style choice to take precedence, I would rather just have an option to disable the animations entirely than to have to use this "classic" theme which still (to me) feels half-baked because it truly isn't a "classic" theme.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Am i imagining things or is the Paradox Classic style not working currently ?

Outside from the color turning from black to blue it appears to be the same.
Wasn't it more like what loup posted above ?
It's hard to say or me, as the last week or so i mostly simply jumped form thread to thread (via watched threads)
without looking at the subforum overview and this leaves me a little unnerved.
I'm irritated either way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Am i imagining things or is the Paradox Classic style not working currently ?

Outside from the color turning from black to blue it appears to be the same.
That has been the case ever since the style was added after the forum switch. There are a few other minor options you can toggle, to partially fix the forum list and remove some side advertisement, but otherwise it only changes colours.
Wasn't it more like what loup posted above ?
It's hard to say or me, as the last week or so i mostly simply jumped form thread to thread (via watched threads)
without looking at the subforum overview and this leaves me a little unnerved.
I'm irritated either way.
What I posted is a custom CSS style made by XYN to return to the old forum prior to the update. The Paradox classic style has never worked in that way, but the old forum did.

Reactions:
That has been the case ever since the style was added after the forum switch. There are a few other minor options you can toggle, to partially fix the forum list and remove some side advertisement, but otherwise it only changes colours.

What I posted is a custom CSS style made by XYN to return to the old forum prior to the update. The Paradox classic style has never worked in that way, but the old forum did.

Oh..
then i got a wrong impression first and now.
esIhHNa.gif

Okay then, thanks.
6jqFBQI.gif

Good to know.

• 1Like
Reactions: