• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Topic: Previews of linked thread posts always consist of the opening post

This is misleading for the reader if for instance you link a specific post.
An example (extract) of a todays' post of mine, even if the two links here don't go to a forum thread.
The issue is still the same !

You get that DLC when you sign up for the newsletter.
It appears to activate it after you signed up, you'd have to wait a little and then log in via this page (ignore the preview)

Both links only preview the top of a page, in case of a thread the opening post, while both links target specific locations.
That is confusing for a reader , who sees an unrelated post and not the one actually linked.
In this case even two identical previews, despite neither link leading there.

My grumpiness for today, third in this thread i think..

Last edited:
Reactions:
In the bar just above the page counter.

Also, go to the bottommost left and press the small button calld toggle width. Then you'll have the fora be full screen width.

Thank you soooo much. At least It looks not like a friggin' phone display! :)
I guess I will spare you my opinions of the UI decisions and the documentation of functions ;)

Aaaand...how to make the UI remember that I want a broad screen and not a smartphone one? Do I need to adjust the screen everytime I get here?!

Aaaand...how to make the UI remember that I want a broad screen and not a smartphone one? Do I need to adjust the screen everytime I get here?!
We are hoping for an option in the preferences... at least i am.

I hate the new forum. All I can see is marketing promotions and posts unrelated to the games I am interested in. It's like a badly organized Reddit for 50 games in one ads-heavy subreddit. I literally have no desire anymore to check on the things I was intersted in.
Not sure why you think it's a good thing to force me to watch posts, news and ads for games I am not interested in. Seems like you are desperate to look like there is some activity going on here in the forums. If your desire was to sell me anything you have achieved quite the opposite, I was mildly interested in CS3, now I'll avoid it like hell. You are overpromoting and it's disgusting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hate the new forum. All I can see is marketing promotions and posts unrelated to the games I am interested in. It's like a badly organized Reddit for 50 games in one ads-heavy subreddit. I literally have no desire anymore to check on the things I was intersted in.
Not sure why you think it's a good thing to force me to watch posts, news and ads for games I am not interested in. Seems like you are desperate to look like there is some activity going on here in the forums. If your desire was to sell me anything you have achieved quite the opposite, I was mildly interested in CS3, now I'll avoid it like hell. You are overpromoting and it's disgusting.
Try the classic style. You can turn it on in preferences. That removes the big splash images from the forum list, among other things.

Reactions:
Are you still running the scripts to get all past reactions accounted in the reaction total? Because I'm still missing from around Feb 2017 until the upgrade. Had a few months before the database crash, and then it got set back a few months and since then there appears to have nothing happened.

Reactions:
Are you still running the scripts to get all past reactions accounted in the reaction total? Because I'm still missing from around Feb 2017 until the upgrade. Had a few months before the database crash, and then it got set back a few months and since then there appears to have nothing happened.
The crash seems to have completely stopped progress on this.

@PDX Forum Dev , @pdxfreddy , any chance we get an update on progress/work being done... there are still a few wonky stuff like missing reactions, broken icons, missing icon plaques,...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Clicking the big "watched" button or selecting "watched threads" from the drop-down under the user name defaults to showing all the watched threads, requiring an extra click to get the list of unread watched threads.

In the old forum the link went to the unread watched threads, which I consider greatly preferable and would suggest the new forum does as well, for one-click access to the unread watched threads, with the extra click required to see all the watched threads.

While admittedly it is interesting to know that I have 403 pages worth of thread-subscriptions going back to 2001, which I guess totals around 8000 threads, and the full list of watched threads is on rare occasions useful when I want an overview of all threads I watched the last few weeks, in daily use it is the list of unread watched threads that is of interest.

Reactions:
What happened to "Mark the whole forum read" option??? Not only it was in PDX old forum but all other forums that I've seen so far have such feature

You can see the option for this as a button on trending, latest, and new posts pages

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 8.14.01 AM.png

Reactions:
Reactions:
Just realised the whole "Group" function disappeared. Really not ideal...

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: