• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
@PDX Forum Dev

Are you aware that the "Forum" button in Paradox games is broken because the internal URL it uses is not recognized by the new platform after the upgrade?

Forum_button.png

For example, the "Forum" button as seen in the screenshot above in Hearts of Iron 4 opens this URL:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?844-Hearts-of-Iron-IV
Which produces an unfriendly "404 Not Found".

This is freaking out some users.

I think the latest update broke something. A bunch of posts from today on the Stellaris forums seems to have vanished, because I'm missing a couple myself. And a quick glance at the forums doesn't seem to have much info.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@PDX Forum Dev

Are you aware that the "Forum" button in Paradox games is broken because the internal URL it uses is not recognized by the new platform after the upgrade?

View attachment 576440

For example, the "Forum" button as seen in the screenshot above in Hearts of Iron 4 opens this URL:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?844-Hearts-of-Iron-IV
Which produces an unfriendly "404 Not Found".

This is freaking out some users.
Thanks for reporting, this was fixed today.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the update, :) It's unfortunate that it was unable to be recovered though. There was a good suggestion that's gone.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry...when will you stop breaking what was never broken? I would like to know when I can start my AARs again. I already lost the last chapter of my CKII AAR and don't wish to waste my time on something that will disappear. To be honest, when I could not get on earlier I was not at all shocked to find out something had gone wrong again. To be VERY honest the folks who work for Paradox are not REALLY detail oriented so I assume this will likely to continue to stumble along for a few more weeks.

PS - Oh, and the list of games is still not showing all the games no matter what I do. I assume that will not be fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1 - Thank you for the notification and apology

2 - Hopefully in due course, maybe later today, you can give some more detail about how there was no backup and what steps will be taken to reduce the chance of data being lost again.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hey guys. It is unfortunate. I made a post here to explain. Once our team meets internally we'll give some more details. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/may-12th-forum-developer-update.1389615/

Im gutted tbh but the issue was found and resolved that caused it.
I've seen a lot of database errors on forums result in lost posts, I've never seen one as short as 7 hours. Normally you lose at least one entire day, if not an entire week or month. Ignore those who say

Reactions:
There's a classic style you can use to get it to look a lot like it used to. You can enable it in preferences. If you then also use XYN's CSS fix then you can get it really close to the old fora.
And? it's not the same, not for me :(
I want a 100% working forum or the old one. No middle point it works or it doesn't :cool:

Reactions:
Okay, I have a weird bit of low priority feedback. I can't (un)collapse TinyWiking's user Postbit without enabling/disabling the "collapse user postbit by default" option in preferences. The chevron isn't clickable. I suspect it's because of the numerous titles, as on others with less titles (ie BjornB with three) I don't have the problem.

1589506596343.png

I don't know if its a cache issue server-side or if something got foo-bared along the way somewhere, but Paradox posts have gone back to the not-so-noticeable styling of just the green line to the left of their post content once again instead of the better-seen blue background.

Where is the sync accounts button that used to be on the "owned items" page?

Where is the sync accounts button that used to be on the "owned items" page?
If you mean the page to connect your steam accounts try 'connected accounts' under your profile, and then you can use the 'sync items' button in the top right corner of the owned items page.