• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pdxfreddy

Corporal
Jan 30, 2020
Hey everyone

First of all - welcome to our new Forum! It's an upgraded and revamped version of our previous - sincerely hope you'll like it, even though it may take a little time to get used to the new design. Try it out on a mobile, many of you asked us for improvements in this area so I hope you'll be pleased!

Feel free to post feedback in this thread - high and low. For obvious reasons I will prioritize functional issues ahead of design/UX, but anything goes :)

Known issues
  • Search index is rebuilding, meaning that search results may be limited for some time more. It takes appr 24 h to rebuild the index
  • E-mail notifications on replies left to be enabled
  • Some newer medals may not appear below your username
  • A bit sluggish performance meanwhile caching and some jobs are completing, will improve shortly
Bare with me here and hit me! :oops::)

• 12Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
What happened to my Watched Threads list? Are we no longer able to follow individual discussion threads?

EDIT: Alright, I'm seeing a "Watch" option for this thread, but I still don't know how to access the list of threads I'm already watching. It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the top bar like it used to be.

• 6Like
Reactions:
What about developer responses?
On looking at a main page in the previous forum, a thread with a developer response would get a marking, and in the thread we could select "show only dev responses".
Both of these seems to be absent, unless I'm missing something here.
Having come to this forum at first mainly to read dev diaries (and it still being the most important thing I feel this forum does for me), this is of my great concern and a very significant hit to usability.

Edit: Also, as many have said below, I don't actually own about half of the games shown in my badges.

Last edited:
  • 25Like
Reactions:
Are threadmarks gone? Speaking as an AAR writer (and reader!) I found them very useful to go back and forth in a thread.

• 11Like
Reactions:
is there a way to look at your alerts for older posts, for example an AAR that hasn't been updated in a while, yet you could had used alerts to find it in the list after scrolling down enough.
Also it seems that the Alerts menu as a whole has gotten a massive downgrade compared to old forums, as I can no longer seemingly use it as a way to look at various old threads I had some activity at, rather than go through my every post.

Also is there a way to make the UI less poison green and dark?
As for me currently it feels way too dark and I liked the old blue-hued forums aesthetic, rather than this pip-boy colour scheme of toxic green.

• 7Like
Reactions:
What happened to my Watched Threads list? Are we no longer able to follow individual discussion threads?

EDIT: Alright, I'm seeing a "Watch" option for this thread, but I still don't know how to access the list of threads I'm already watching. It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the top bar like it used to be.

Looks like you can get to watched threads here now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.37.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.37.11 PM.png
    41,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So I'm assuming the general OT subforum is either still a WIP or doesn't exist now?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Looks like you can get to watched threads here now

Still only seems to be showing forums, not individual threads.

That said, that option wasn't there a moment ago, so hopefully that means they're working on it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Twitter embedding is annoying. Though an ad blocker seems to take care of it. (While writing this post it occurred to me that isn't really new and I just usually don't see it. Still wouldn't hurt to get rid of it.)

The tiles on of the game forums are far too large. This maybe necessary for phone users but as a desktop user this is just a gigantic waste of space. I can read, I don't need pictures to tell what forum is which.
Having the sub forums hidden behind another click probably will increase the amount of new users posting in the wrong forums. Which was already an issue and I doubt it will get better through this.

The spacing of the individual threads in the forums themselves is too generous. Which leads to too much scrolling.

Generally I get the impression this is update was made purely for the benefit for phone users. Which is nice when using a phone. So I suggest to add another style (the default one is to bright) more similar to the old forum. No tiles, more direct links.

Now regarding the like/dislike function: First of all deactivate it in the OT forum. It was deactivated before and I think for good reason. Doesn't really help to keep discussions civil and non tribal.

Also remove the display of how many likes a person has received for everyone to prevent a popularity contest. And remove to the ability to see how reacted to which post. Just going to cause a lot of bad blood otherwise.

The medals seems to stretch posts artificially when they are rather short which leads to a lot of wasted space and inflated threads. And all that wasted space on the side. Especially in threads this makes reading so much more uncomfortable.

Now I do like that we can save drafts now. The automatic feature didn't work always and this is a good option without resorting to third party browser add ons.

Does embedding now work for all big video services besides youtube? That would be another plus.

Last edited:
  • 13Like
Reactions:
I'm liking the new look, but in regards to feedback, there are a few things I noticed that other people have mentioned already.

So to reiterate:
A way to see from browsing threads what posts you've read in full, or not.
Some way to distinctly tell when a Dev responded, and a darker or lighter color for their post(s) in question.
I think those are the biggest I noticed so far in the short time I've been on here. And since they were old features, I hope they're in the pipeline to be added.

EDIT: My badges are broken. I only have Stellaris, and all DLCs except the first 2 species packs and Federations.
Okay, so re-syncing fixes that.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I don't like it, this looks like some discount, third-grade game forum, not the comfy and nice on the eye looking PDX forum that I love, it looks like corporate sleek, rather comfy community forum, which I hate.

Just noticed my badges are FUBARed, as it's showing me owning stuff that I don't, as well as being Haemimont staff, for some reasons

• 27Like
Reactions:
Feedback?
It's atrocious. It looks and functions as it were designed for toddlers.
But you guys know that. Never mind how it is for users with 5760x1080 screen real estate, let's pretend everyone is on a tiny-screened spy phone, amirite?

• 27Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • Old forum looked fine
  • Could have better communicated this update was coming
  • Need to make dev posts stand out more
  • Need to bring back the 'show only dev responses' option
  • Does this solve the issue with constantly logging us out?

• 41Like
Reactions:
Just noticed that there is no way to sort forum threads by newest first, what is this? some social media site?

What is it with PDX and just downright amateurish UI/UX choices? I mean not just in their games, but remember that launcher fiasco? like how can you frick up an already functional games launcher? and now this? what the heck is going on?

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions:
The forum doesn't keep me logged in when I leave, and when I click the log in button it takes me to the front page of the forum rather than simply logging me in and keeping me at the page I actually wanted to see.

The list of threads is far too narrow; on the old forum I could see all of the stickied threads in the Stellaris forum and half a dozen or so of the normal threads without scrolling down, but now I have to scroll down quite a lot to get past the stickied threads.

I don't think the additional reaction options are necessary, and the "angry" one just seems like asking for trouble. Also, the fact that you have to click on the reactions display to see how many of each sort of reaction a post received is a huge step backwards.

On a more positive note, I like how the new editing function works, and I like that the preview option is more easily accessible.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions:
Ugly as sin.

The only reason I come here was because of the aesthetic. Please fix it.

• 20Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions: