Updated HOI/AoD/DH Editor - Require DH Suggestions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Czarina Julie

Czarina
9 Badges
Apr 11, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Hi all,
Some of you might recognize me but for those that don't, I'm on the AoD 1.13 Release Team. I'm the current C++ ("hardcode") developer and do "softcode" (modding) development. I'm posting here to ask you DH folks for some help updating the HOI/AoD Editor. I need to know what your experiences are with the Editor and what it screws up. The editor does not dynamically populate the countries available, leader traits, etc. because it has these value hardcode in the editor code. I have the source code for the editor and I did a quick fix/upgrade to help the AoD release team but since I'm in the code, I might as well fixed it for DH as well.
So please post what the current editor (and screen) messes up on DH files and any fixes you have seen. I'm only doing quick fixes, like updating the countries, leader traits, divisions/units, brigades, technology specialties, etc.

Thanks,
Julie

MainScreen.png
TechTreeScreen.png

• 5Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Giga-based.

Could it stop deleting comments in the original files? It's there for a reason, and the fact it kept deleting comments is the reason I stopped using it. Such an useful tool otherwise.

I can't remember anything else, but surely there has to have something.

I said it before, ill say it again: AoD needs a re-release and i would buy it in a heartbeat. [profanity moderated out]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I said it before, ill say it again: AoD needs a re-release and i would buy it in a heartbeat.
Have you been watching the AoD forum or the new AoD Discord for the upcoming changes?

AoD is on sell at many places right now.

I suppose it's rather obvious, but just that it works for all of the functions would be very solid work. And stops deleting comments. Can it handle the different MISC files?

PS - I haven't used it in a long time. It was always more secure to just use Notepad++ to edit the files, so I may not be quite up to date with it's functionality.

I suppose it's rather obvious, but just that it works for all of the functions would be very solid work. And stops deleting comments. Can it handle the different MISC files?

PS - I haven't used it in a long time. It was always more secure to just use Notepad++ to edit the files, so I may not be quite up to date with it's functionality.
I had to do the update to support AoD the alpha 1.13 release. I haven't updated the Misc.txt entries since I'm adding a bunch of new user/player configurable variables to it (e.g. _EV_SPY_CAUGHT_RELATIONSHIP_COST_, _EV_CONVOY_DUTY_MT_CONVERSION_, _EV_AIR_ASSAULT_MAX_ATTACH, etc.).

The way the Editor works is by the game version. So the information that helps is the changes between the versions. Regarding DH and the Editor, the latest version the Editor has full support for is 1.04 and last time it was updated was 6 Feb 2016; Ver 0.53.

So any:
• new country tags (not one that uses a user defined generic tag but one the was added to game's .exe)
• leader traits
• minister ideologies & personalities
• technology specialties
• province terrain types
• division type (not one that uses a defined generic type but one the was added to game's .exe)
• brigade type (not one that uses a defined generic type but one the was added to game's .exe)
• new misc.txt entries
• and any bugs (e.g. saves remove comments

Im just waiting for AoD with DH map and ill buy it no problem.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For some reason the editor somehow downgrades the skill values of military leaders when you do a batch edit that moves them from one tag to another. It's annoying when I copy and move officers from Central American countries to the Central America tag (U78), only to find that their original skill values have for some reason be reduced, sometimes literally to zero.

Reactions:
This is a fork of the Japanese editor from github (And some edits have already been made in the GEndo fork).
I made my own fork with translated comments in the code and adding functionality to simplify the translation of event texts (with support for different column encodings in сvs ). And maybe in the future I will complete the idea with a tree-like display of event chains.

Will your fork of the nkodama's editor be made public?

• 2Like
Reactions: