Updated: Europa Universalis Patch 1.29.3 is Now Live! [checksum 1a2e] - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
We just released patch 1.29.3 for Europa Universalis IV. This is a minor patch to support our inclusion on the Microsoft Store.
It only includes small changes that should not affect your save games, but some mods will appear as outdated (but should still be functional) until the mod creator update their mod to say 1.29.3.

Changed
- Women in History DLC is now part of the base game

Fixed
- Added missing French localisation for parts of estate interface
- Fixed crash when setting AI options to defaults

EDIT://We released a hotfix to correct an issue for mac users. The new checksum is 1a2e

Previous:

As usual, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

Last edited:
We just released patch 1.29.3 for Europa Universalis IV. This is a minor patch to support our inclusion on the Microsoft Store.
It only includes small changes that should not affect your save games, but some mods will appear as outdated (but should still be functional) until the mod creator update their mod to say 1.29.3.

Changed
- Women in History DLC is now part of the base game

Fixed
- Added missing French localisation for parts of estate interface
- Fixed crash when setting AI options to defaults

Previous:

As usual, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!
Does it mean that "Women in History" cannot be disabled any more?

Mods which were still working for 1.29.2 crash the game...does this mean the mod creators have to change the mods everytime a minor patch releases e.g. 1.29.3

Hi guys. Game doesn't run on Mac, it did so a few days ago (last time I checked) before this patch was issues. Missing executable, dowser.exe (again, I'm on a Mac). Any idea what to do here? Thanks

Hi guys. Game doesn't run on Mac, it did so a few days ago (last time I checked) before this patch was issues. Missing executable, dowser.exe (again, I'm on a Mac). Any idea what to do here? Thanks
There is a bugreport and the comments there contain a few workarounds.

Does it fix multiplayer's huge problem with the AI taking over several players' countries at every rehost?

No mention in the changelog, but I've been told it does.

We're looking into the mac issues. We hope to have a hotfix out within a couple of hours. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Does it mean that "Women in History" cannot be disabled any more?

That is correct. It is less complicated to have it as part of the base game, and since the vast majority of all players were using it anyway we decided to go down this route. If you for some reason want to disable it, this can be achieved rather easily through modding.

Does it fix multiplayer's huge problem with the AI taking over several players' countries at every rehost?

No mention in the changelog, but I've been told it does.

We thought we had a fix for it that we tried in an open beta. Unfortunately it didn't. We are still working on that one.

There seems to be a change missing from the changelog: You can now click on the version number in the multiplayer lobby to copy the server ID to the clipboard.
And that breaks many mods:
The following lines were added to the file interface/frontend.gui after line 1680:

Code:
                                        guiButtonType = {
                                                name = "checksum_click_button"
                                                position = { x = -20 y = 32 }
                                                quadTextureSprite = "GFX_frontend_checksum"
                                                size = { x=260 y=24}
                                        }
And it seems that all mods that contain the frontend.gui, but don't contain the new "button" crash the game when you click on Single-Player or host a Multiplayer game(even though Single-Player doesn't even have that button). The message in error.log is:
Code:
[fixedwindow.cpp:2956]: interface/frontend.gui: Missing Button 'checksum_click_button' in window 'multiplayer'.
To fix the mods, it seems to be enough to add the lines after the instantTextBoxType block with the name "checksum" in the multiplayer window.

Confirming, this update's undocumented change broke MEIOU & Taxes, instant crash on clicking Single-Player. Fixed by adding that block to frontend.gui after the checksum block.

This broke 1356, grand exhibition and whatever else touches frontend.gui. As always, many of the mods are no longer active, great.

At least give us a game rule to disable that DLC because I don’t want it.

This update crashes my game - and no way to revert back to old update, I am using Windows 10. Thank you Paradox for breaking the game!
This is probably caused by outdated mods. Try to run the game without mods