Updated: Europa Universalis Patch 1.29.3 is Now Live! [checksum 1a2e] - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've just had to check the above link and I didn't realise there's a chance I could have Jane Austen as an advisor! I'm blown away by how awesome this is and wish I hadn't clicked the link now as if that had just popped up unexpectedly I'd have been utterly delighted.

Another change not mentioned: Descriptor files now overwrite the .mod files for local mods

From time to time if I see a steam mod I like but want to make some custom changes for my personal use I would make a copy of the steam mod and turn it into a local mod with a new local mod name and new local .mod file. Often I ignored the descriptor file from these copied steam mods and just left them in the new mods folder. The game then used the information in my new .mod file to run the mod and also ignored the old descriptor files in these now local mods.

I would do the same thing for a steam mod that worked perfectly but had a out dated supported version.

The new patch now takes the information from any descriptor files you might have in your local files and overwrites your local .mod file to match. So in my case suddenly these copied mods now claimed to be for version 1.16 rather than what I had them as 1.29.

So if you have any local mods that have old descriptor files - delete the old descriptor files and then check and fix all your related .mod files back to what you had.

Last edited:
I can't see why it was necessary. Please don't update the game with such small patches as it only causes problems with mods. While it fixes one crash it just creates new ones.

Personally I don't care what French version of estate interaction's description says, but kinda mind when the game crashes when creating a multiplayer game.

There are like 50 DLC's for this game, several are free, but you only integrated the one because it was "less complicated"? :rolleyes:
The only other free DLC are Songs of Yuletide and Evangelical Majors Unit Pack. Some mp3s and models. WiH on the other hand has apart from the pictures at least some events and influences the nation designer.
My guess is that the next update will contain some revolutionary event lines/features which use parts of the WiH code.

Is there a way to revert to 1.29.2? I want to play meiou but it crashes in new game screen and while trying to load a save. Is there a workaround or I must wait for an update from paradox or meiou team?

Is there a way to revert to 1.29.2? I want to play meiou but it crashes in new game screen and while trying to load a save. Is there a workaround or I must wait for an update from paradox or meiou team?
There is a bugfix from the meiou team. But it is not yet on steam. You can download it in this forum thread

The launcher doesnt seem to want to close after exiting the game in Steam. It hangs forever until you close steam and then you have to "exit now" because it's still running. Only started with current patch.

Just out of curiosity since this patch was meant to support the game in regards to Microsoft. I have a friend who has EU4 through the Microsoft store. Are they able to play MP with steam users? If so, how? Thanks.

I would love to see a slight discount on the Windows Store version for those of us that already own a Steam copy. I would love to have it in both places, if not just for the achievements on Xbox Live as well. lol

And, as you can tell by the icons under my profile name, I have no bias at all in this regard. Nope, none at all.

For what reason would you disable women in history? There's some pretty sweet events.
Because it gives absurdly powerful advisors that make Copernicus and Da Vinci look like illiterates. The same goes for the HOI IV were the devs made a woman who fought bandits in the countryside of Manchuko one of the best generals in the game because... well you know why.

The women's dlc is the worst and most ahistorical dlc of all, it makes no sense at all