[UPDATED 12/08/21] Monetizing from Youtube videos containing Paradox Interactive material!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for letting us show your games on YouTube :)

Does displaying 'Copyright © 2015 Paradox Interactive AB. www.paradoxplaza.com' with the video mean you claim copyright of the entire video, including commentary, non-game music or sounds like intros, and personal logos etc?

Edit: And if so, would you then be able to use that video footage as you wish, for whatever reason?

Thanks for letting us show your games on YouTube :)

Does displaying 'Copyright © 2015 Paradox Interactive AB. www.paradoxplaza.com' with the video mean you claim copyright of the entire video, including commentary, non-game music or sounds like intros, and personal logos etc?

Edit: And if so, would you then be able to use that video footage as you wish, for whatever reason?

Straight from our legal department:
We don’t claim copyright of the entire video, only of what comes from our game.
Therefore we will never claim copyright on the commentary, non-game music or any other materials which Paradox has not created.

Reactions:
Don't know if it matters, but I just noticed that the stamp in the legal letter in the OP has a different address than the one used in the footer and just under Juliette's signature.
Presumably it is your old address the stamp has and you forgot to change stamp when moving.

I don't monetise my videos anyway, but I have a lot of restricted vids from old testing and early access for War of teh Vikings. I no longer remember which, if any, of those were made under NDA. Since WotV is long since abandoned and the vids will be of interest only to obsessives (if anyone) would PDX give permission for them to be made public?

AndrewT referred to this thread ("The policy for Youtube is here") for my inquiry :
I started a Military History Channel on youtube and since links to sites that allow user interaction* needs approval by the staff, I ask you if it is ok to link to my channel in the signature.
* I assume youtube does allow user interaction, if I understand the definition correctly.

link to my Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA

AndrewT referred to this thread ("The policy for Youtube is here") for my inquiry :
I started a Military History Channel on youtube and since links to sites that allow user interaction* needs approval by the staff, I ask you if it is ok to link to my channel in the signature.
* I assume youtube does allow user interaction, if I understand the definition correctly.

link to my Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA
I've answered in your thread, but this is about users making LPs and videos like that, not just advertising their YT channels.

Reactions:
What is paradox's stance on monetising youtube videos of gameplay with mods?
Is that still fair game or does it depend on which mod is being used. eg: Using something such as MEIOU or HIP is good but using something like AGOT or Elder Kings is not?

Thanks!

Are we allowed to stream on Hitbox? If so, are we allowed to monetize our streams?

As long as you stream something you made (not just rebroadcasting something we did) we don't have anything against monetizing streams.

I must confess I don't know much about hitbox though, so I reserve my right to change my mind later :) But from what I can see I don't see why it would be different from twitch.

Reactions:
This post right here is why I'll support your company above and beyond just buying the games. Things like this show you enjoy, promote, and want to build a community, not just a product following.

So would something like the attached screen (which I made for CK2; if I make an EU4 or other video I'd obviously change it for that game) at the beginning of the video work? I'm looking forward to making more CK2 videos but I just want to make sure everything's being done right.

Attachments

• CK2 Copyright notice.jpg
    CK2 Copyright notice.jpg
    47,8 KB · Views: 73
So would something like the attached screen (which I made for CK2; if I make an EU4 or other video I'd obviously change it for that game) at the beginning of the video work? I'm looking forward to making more CK2 videos but I just want to make sure everything's being done right.
Shouldn't the copyright start in 2012 and not 2015?

Shouldn't the copyright start in 2012 and not 2015?
The letter on the first post said 2015, and that's what I was going from. But you might be right; it would be really nice if someone from Paradox could please clarify.

Dose this include Soundtrack videos? (videos that play a track from a game with a simple image background) Are they allowed even if not monitized? The video in question is the song Alpha Centauri from Stellaris

Last edited: