[UPDATED 12/08/21] Monetizing from Youtube videos containing Paradox Interactive material!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No one is going to stop you from publishing a book you have written yourself.

Sure thing. But what about using in the book what I wrote and posted on this forum (*cough* AARs *coughs)? If I wanted to make some use of this content, would I get your permission to do so?

Are the posts solely your original work, if so my comment holds.

Are the posts solely your original work, if so my comment holds.
Not in 100%, there are some quotes - but I understand that I can use freely the remaining 99%. That's great, thanks :)

Since we have a book publishing wing of the company now as well, I've forwarded this to them to see what they have to say. Maybe they want to publish it for you? :)

Thank you! Well, first I have to actually write the book :p

Thank you so much for this! I am not making videos but i do watch them and this REALLY helps the genre/games and at least you got one more customer (and possibly more) because of that! Keep your good work up!

What are your feelings on me ripping EU3 assets for use as emoticons on Twitch? Flags, envoy pictures, buttons, those sorts of things.
I have asked the brand manager to look into this, they will review and come back.

Looks like we need to consider this and get back to you.

Thank you for your inquiry. As far as we can see this is not covered by Paradox Interactive current policy for allowing monitization from YouTube videos, So this will require a separate decision and policy. We will discus this within the company and get back to you as soon as possible. Until then we would be grateful if you refrained from using our assets as benefits on Twitch. Thank-you

Just wanted to give a thanks to PI for looking in to this rather than a flat out saying "we don't want to spend our time thinking about this, so the answer is no"

Cheers Castellon, any decisions so far?

Hello DDRJake,

I'm afraid that we must politely decline. If we understand it correctly you would like to use our original assets as subscriber rewards? This would constitute taking our unaltered work and selling it for money. This was not the intent of the agreement in this thread. I hope you can understand this reasoning, but don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best Regards
BjornB

I actually decided to buy one of their games after watching a Youtube video, so it's a smart decision!! Let's spread the awesomeness of their games!! ;)

Twitch are now cracking down on fun and have muted one of my Paradox videos. Could we have Twitch.tv added to the document specifically?

Legal will not be in until Monday, but I am sure we will sort you out, We certainly did not do anything to impede you, and we may want to look into what happened so others can avoid anything similar.
I was thinking on the new forums that I might have a Twitch streaming announcement thread stickied, so anyone planning to stream one of our games could post a heads up for our members.