[UPDATED 12/08/21] Monetizing from Youtube videos containing Paradox Interactive material!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found out about EU3 via a Let's Play.

Thanks guys. It's great to see common sense reign at places like Paradox Development Studios and Eugen Systems. Kudos!

Oh and I know nobody cares but ... 100 posts in 10 years! Woo!

I'm doing an AAR on a non-paradox forum (non-profit) and should I have a "(c) Paradox etc." on the bottom of the updates?

I do not fear litigation if I don't, but it I might as well do post pictures correctly, when you are doing it elsewhere.

As long as you mention that it's our stuff you are showing we are fine with it :)

How you do it we leave to your own judgment. We do not require you to put in copyright or trademark notifications.

As long as you mention that it's our stuff you are showing we are fine with it :)

How you do it we leave to your own judgment. We do not require you to put in copyright or trademark notifications.
Great. It's just from my studies at university, sourcing your stuff is important, so I naturally add sources to anything I post. It just didn't occur to me that Paradox Interactive of course have a right to demand trademarks (esp. since it's redundant on this forum because every thing posted here is seen as property of PI, so no AAR does it).

Thanks for the clarification.

Hello!

We have understood that many of you are having videos containing material from our games removed from Youtube because you need written consent from us.

Our legal department composed a letter which hopefully will be enough for Youtube, so feel free to use it (see attachment in this post).

Please let us know if Youtube accepts it, or if we need to do something else.

Best Regards
Björn

Bravo Paradox! Now that's what I'd call an "enlightened" desp- er, approach to customers! :happy:

Paradox, you truly are a king worthy to rule over an emperor of Rome, may your days be ever glorious, may no crusade take your lands, and may you always be known as the king of kings!

Thankyou :)

any limit on snippet size?

Don't think so. We don't monetize from that stuff ourselves, so you are not stealing revenue from us. We are happy the more people that see it :) But perhaps you should avoid taking the entire things because, you know... Then you could just link to our stuff directly :) We would appreciate if you did link to us anyway, making sure people know where they can find more of the stuff.

Paradox, you truly are a king worthy to rule over an emperor of Rome, may your days be ever glorious, may no crusade take your lands, and may you always be known as the king of kings!

Well thank you good sire :)

I think that this is great, as it's because of youtube that I decided to take the plunge and get Europa Universalis 4, which was my first paradox game.

your awesome P-dox! Lot of stuff happening on youtube! Also I wouldn't have bought all the games that I have by you if I hadn't seen a CK2 multiplayer. Just look at that list.

Great post and I'm glad you keep being awesome with this.

Now, go make me more games I can buy.

Clicked on this genuinely expecting to see a "don't make money off our content" post.

I'm tempted to say that you don't know Paradox very well :)

Thanks guys. It's great to see common sense reign at places like Paradox Development Studios and Eugen Systems. Kudos!

Oh and I know nobody cares but ... 100 posts in 10 years! Woo!

Congrats.
And I see you're up to 105 posts now, pace yourself, we don't want you to get hit by overextension. :)

Last edited:
I just love you guys ! You should run some training for other companies of "How to be a great game developer / how to run a great gamers community" or sth like that.
Well cdprojekt could do that aswell, or maybe you both combined ;P. Anyway the bottom line is you`re just great.