[UPDATED 12/08/21] Monetizing from Youtube videos containing Paradox Interactive material!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will removing that audio allow you to get the money from it again or will this claiming continue getting the revenue?
Removing the particular audio removes the claim, so no more issues then. I will just replace these now muted 1:26 minutes with one of the other songs from the game. Funny how it seizes your video when they claim one and a half out of 40 minutes, but thats how YouTube works.

Its just that it was never a problem to have music playing in Paradox published games (expect from the Sabbaton songs), so I doubt its intended behaviour that one particular song isn't covered. And it would be a major headache for a lot of people if every Steel Division video gets claimed because of this one song.

Last edited:
Hi!
We're investigating what might be the problem, if it's something in the license agreement for the music of it's some issues with YT not updating with new licences fast enough. The idea is that all music in Steel division should be stream-able and available in LPs, which is why the monitization doc hasn't changed. Sorry for the inconvenience. Also any info on WHO the ID claims are coming from are helpful, so we can follow up if it's an YT issue. You can PM that to me or TheLetterZ as not to clutter the thread!

Hi everyone! After much investigating we've found that the music licence in Steel Division: Normandy 44, which has mostly licences music, does not cover third party sub-licencing. This means that certain tracks can not be streamed or monetized.
We've added an in-game warning, and if you plan on monetizing video of the game, turn off the music in settings.
We're updating the document in this thread to exclude Steel Division: Normandy 44. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reactions:
Hi Paradox,

I wonder how this works if I am to make more of a "documentary-styled" video. There will be mostly gameplay footage but mixed in with pictures and recorded voice audio talking about history. So in essence, a mini documentary on history from a EU4 (or another Paradox game's) perspective kind of. Does these rights still apply in that case?

is this thread alive or i should go to general question thread?
It should be alive, but be aware that most of Paradox are on leave for the European summer break for this week and I think the following week too.

Is it allowed to use Crusader kings 2 content (Wallpaper, Artwork, Soundtracks, Game icons) for anything other than lets play videos?

Can I use any of the mentioned art forms for making let's say, a short film or documentary about medieval europe? With maybe giving credit later "This video was made possible thanks to Crusader kings 2, you can get more information at ....."

Updated for visibility.

I have read through all pages as well as the document, howvever the comments are old and maybe outdated now?

I have some plans to create some videos using your games and while I don't want to bother anyone I don't want to take any chances whatsoever and guess what is allowed or not.

I wont monetize anything in any way whatsoever so to get that out of the way first.

However I don't find it very clear what the document mean with original content, in fact what is considered original content since if I'm create a video with your game I'm using your content which don't feel original. Also what happens if the document is changed in such way that stuff I did in the past is no longer allowed?

I have already asked about this in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ure-but-know-nothing-about-streaming.1308717/

Ok I need to ask this now that I have the chance. How the hell does youtube act first without a complaint from the copyright holder? I thought DMCA required that and if you do not make the claim, in fact you need to put in work to counter-act them, how and why is this done?=

Ok I need to ask this now that I have the chance. How the hell does youtube act first without a complaint from the copyright holder? I thought DMCA required that and if you do not make the claim, in fact you need to put in work to counter-act them, how and why is this done?=
Youtuve content ID. It's AI trained at recognising various art/music/video stored in its databases. Youtube uses it as a way to avoid getting sued for having copyright infringing content on her site. She still could be sued, but the major copyright holders are happy about the current situation as long as content ID stays vigilant.

Hence if content ID flags something it's gonna get pulled down and you then need to counter claim it.

The CK2 songs are not included in the attached pdf.
Aside from that i'm not sure which are by Sabaton.

Confirmation needed for suspects :
Viking Metal
Full Plate Metal
Pagan Fury + Pagan Fury -Warrior Queen
Orchestral House Lords

Prohbited or not ?

I don't think any CK2 music is from Sabaton (only EU4 and HOI4) ... where are you seeing otherwise?

Of those listed only Pagan Fury is external to Paradox, I'm not sure of their status TBH.

"She" can't be sued at all without a DMCA notice being sent first.
True.
What I meant was that once it's served then youtube could be sued too for hosting things. Hence they use things like content ID to prevent being sued.

I don't think any CK2 music is from Sabaton (only EU4 and HOI4) ... where are you seeing otherwise?

Of those listed only Pagan Fury is external to Paradox, I'm not sure of their status TBH.

Not directly or officially by Sabaton, but i thought to remember there was some sort of cooperation and thus different rights
situation and issues with streaming it. At least i recall the songs by Tobias Gustafsson being a problem at least at first.

Well i'm not really asking for myself anyway.
6jqFBQI.gif

Just got inspired to ask by a post on the CK2 Steam forum having trouble with a Facebook stream using CK2 music getting muted.
Combined with the Pagan Fury songs, i just thought clarity would be nice to have...
...and i got too curious not to ask.
Cheers