• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hey gang,
On Wednesday September 26th the forum will be offline between 08:00 and 12:00 CEST*. During this time the forum will be unavailable but all other services are unaffected.

We are migrating our hosting to another platform and also rebuilding the search index. I mentioned in the past that rebuilding this is quite an undertaking and it may take over 48 hours for the indexing to complete so please note that the search function may be a tad "wonky" until Friday September 28th. After that though all previous posts should appear as normal when doing a search.

Sorry-gif-29.gif

* Times are subject to change should something take longer (or shorter!) than expected.

Thanks for the info.

Great news about the date gap in the forum search soon being fixed

Good to know. :cool:

Does that imply bye-bye to Xenforo ?

But I need my hourly dose of OT. How is person supposed to survive without OT.

Will this also fix the "Remember Me" functionality?
It will not I'm afraid, again, we are still having issues reproducing it but we have an open ticket internally for our accounts team who are investigating it.

Good to know. :cool:

Does that imply bye-bye to Xenforo ?
It does not! It's only the hosting platform that is being switched, the forum software remains as is. We are looking at alternatives though, which is normal, but next on the list of things to do is upgrading our test server to Xenforo 2.1 and see how much breaks and how long it will take to fix :D!

... but next on the list of things to do is upgrading our test server to Xenforo 2.1 and see how much breaks and how long it will take to fix :D!

Oh alright and "test server" sounds good.
Breaking and fixing things. Very manly.
Will sure be fun. :)

Is of much unnecessary fun indeed...
... farting in a spacesuit :p!

Hmm, i knew there was still something missing that i didn't try in my life...:D

thank you for doing this while I sleep. very kind of you.

Pls put the thinking and crying laughing emoji in the emoji section!

....or would both be too OPand spammed too much?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

It will not I'm afraid, again, we are still having issues reproducing it but we have an open ticket internally for our accounts team who are investigating it.

I have a similar issue as well, to the point where it was getting pretty annoying. Is there a work-around at the present time like maybe clearing cookies or anything to make "Remember Me" work for log-in? I had to log in too often as it would fail to remember for more than a three days or so. Very irritating.

It does not! It's only the hosting platform that is being switched, the forum software remains as is. We are looking at alternatives though, which is normal, but next on the list of things to do is upgrading our test server to Xenforo 2.1 and see how much breaks and how long it will take to fix :D!

You like breaking things, don't you? :mad: :p

UPDATE 17:07:
Due to some unforeseen problems (actually, more than some ><) the maintenance was extended and, later, aborted. We experienced a rather severe issue that hadn't shown itself when we tested the process before and instead of setting the new hosting service live and fixing it over the coming days we decided to cancel the process and revert back to our old host. This also means that the search function is not being worked on and will continue to be broken until the next update.

This was not an easy decision to make alas it was for the best. Had we decided to proceed there would have been a chance that posts would have gone missing, threads disappearing and a plethora of other "interesting" phenomena occurring. Unfortunately this means that we will need another downtime in the future but we see this not as a failure but as a learning experience! With the knowledge we now have the next time we do this we will be ready and prepared for any odd problem that may show up.

Sorry for the hassle gang, less than ideal, but we gave it our best shot.

Thanks for the update @TinyWiking

Tough call, but sure you guys made the right one.

Tough call, but sure you guys made the right one.
apparently it started off on the wrong foot as when they arrived the server hamsters weren't exactly ready to work

Rat%20Smoking%20Funny%20Wallpapers.jpg

the bottle had been full last night when everyone left