UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've clicked that "Sync owneditems" I don't know how many times, no result - the forums still won't show me the subforums.

I've deconnected and reconnected the Steam account, and clicked the button again. (While Steam is up, I might add)

No change.

How can I proceed? What observations can I make to make this work?

I've clicked that "Sync owneditems" I don't know how many times, no result - the forums still won't show me the subforums.

I've deconnected and reconnected the Steam account, and clicked the button again. (While Steam is up, I might add)

No change.

How can I proceed? What observations can I make to make this work?
Log a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with all relevant details, including a link to your Steam community page. Mostly I've found this is because you're not linked to the Steam ID that has the games , but a different one.

As I dont want to sync my steam account to paradox I have a question. If I buy Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris on DVD from a shop, will I then be able to register the game on the forum (to access mod forums) without sync my steam account?

Last edited:
As I dont want to sync my steam account to paradox I have a question. If I buy Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris on DVD from a shop, will I then be able to register the game on the forum (to access mod forums) without sync my steam account?
I believe the answer is no.

I believe the answer is no.
This is correct, even the physical copies require Steam to install and activate and doesn't come with a separate forum code.

Reactions:
This is correct, even the physical copies require Steam to install and activate and doesn't come with a separate forum code.
I just read on the first post in this thread that says "You don't need to link the account, this is true, however since keys will no longer be visible in your Steam library you will be unable to register the game UNLESS it's a physical copy. For now, some keys are visible and will remain so until we turn them off, this is an ongoing process. If you don't link, you will be unable to access some parts of the forum but you will still be able to get help if you open a ticket."

What do you mean by physical copy then?

I need to update that text ><.
What I mean by that is that some of our earliest games were released before Steam was around and they came with a separate code for forum access, this is no longer the case. I will clarify that in the text.

Reactions:
I need to update that text ><.
What I mean by that is that some of our earliest games were released before Steam was around and they came with a separate code for forum access, this is no longer the case. I will clarify that in the text.

I have linked my Steam account AND registered my game. HOWEVER, I understood from the HOI4 release notice that Steam is NOT required to run the game. Whenever I launch the game (I am on iMAC) Steam also launches and apparently I do have to run the game from within Steam. So my questions are:
1. Is there another way to run the game?
2. What is the purpose of Steam? It is always on my system and I just don't like it. I especially don't like the fact that it knows how much time I spend playing the game.

I have asked these questions in several forums and have not, as yet, received an answer.

I have linked my Steam account AND registered my game. HOWEVER, I understood from the HOI4 release notice that Steam is NOT required to run the game. Whenever I launch the game (I am on iMAC) Steam also launches and apparently I do have to run the game from within Steam. So my questions are:
1. Is there another way to run the game?
2. What is the purpose of Steam? It is always on my system and I just don't like it. I especially don't like the fact that it knows how much time I spend playing the game.

I have asked these questions in several forums and have not, as yet, received an answer.
Haven't checked with HOI4, but I would be surprised if it wasn't true there too.
In general PDS games can be launched without steam---you won't be able to use MP and achievements though for obvious reasons. But everything else will work fine---there can be bugs though.

To launch without steam you need to either make the shortcut point to the executable itself or go to the game folders and launch it from there. The game folders can also be moved outside steam without a problem. You just need steam for when updating.

Excuse me being stupid, but I can't find step 2 "owned items". Is this at Steam, or at this forum under my forum ID?

Hover mouse over your account name
index.php

I don't like Steam - never have. And now it's mandatory if I want to access the forums? Bad marketing decision, in my opinion. Any inclination I had to buy HOI 4 is now gone.
You need a steam account to play new PDS games anyway. Also you can always connect your accounts, ask your question, and then disconnect.
And for support there always is the helpdesk.
support.paradoxplaza.com

For some reason, when I try to connect the accounts, the captcha never works, and it always tells me that I have the wrong login even though I already confirmed that it is correct. Any help?

For some reason, when I try to connect the accounts, the captcha never works, and it always tells me that I have the wrong login even though I already confirmed that it is correct. Any help?
That's the screen where you enter your Steam credentials? If so that's a Steam screen, not ours, so we can't do anything about it.

Can you try a different browser, even a different machine?

What does the number underneath the warning saying it could take up 5 minutes mean? Is it saying how many of paradoxes games you own? Its on the tab where you sync up your games.
It is how many games you are currently showing. You can at most show 54. So say you are showing 40 games then it would say 40/54.