UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it mandatory to link your Steam account in the new system? I've logged in this morning and discovered my whole account didn't have any of the previous information it had. I even had to re-activate it, like it had been deleted. I had a lot of games with their keys giving me access to some forums, and now the only option Paradox give me is to link my Steam account. It's a little disappointing, to be honest. As much as I understand the Steam feature, forcing it on users is not the best way to go. I, myself, would rather have the two accounts separated, and now I cannot if I want to browse the usual forums (specifically CK2 modding) I read.

Reactions:
Is it mandatory to link your Steam account in the new system?
No. But you will find it useful.

I've logged in this morning and discovered my whole account didn't have any of the previous information it had. I even had to re-activate it, like it had been deleted. I had a lot of games with their keys giving me access to some forums, and now the only option Paradox give me is to link my Steam account. It's a little disappointing, to be honest. As much as I understand the Steam feature, forcing it on users is not the best way to go. I, myself, would rather have the two accounts separated, and now I cannot if I want to browse the usual forums (specifically CK2 modding) I read.
Probably just a forum display glitch, since I can see this account does have many games registered just fine. Adding the Steam sync process did not de-register any games. Log out of your Paradox account, and delete your browser cache and all Paradox cookies. then log back in again, I'm sure you'll be OK.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm assuming you mean Steam achievements? If so, you are correct, they are not relevant to forum access (as opposed to the games) hence they don't sync or show.

I understand. I just assumed that since you managed to link games and DLCs from steam, kudos for that, linking achievements to the forum would be relatively easy. I do believe it will be a great feature, since I only play EU4 for achievements.

Reactions:
Ok. I will try. Thanks for your quick response : )

Edit: Solved! I'm so grateful. Sorry about the sudden burst of anger.

If that is a "sudden burst of anger" either I read your post in a really relaxed state or you are one of the most chilled out fellow Platypii on the planet ;)

Reactions:
If that is a "sudden burst of anger" either I read your post in a really relaxed state or you are one of the most chilled out fellow Platypii on the planet ;)
I thought exactly the same thing... read the post several times to look for that anger... :p

I thought exactly the same thing... read the post several times to look for that anger... :p

haha, so did I. I even had a match of Vizard Vars before I came back & double checked, just in case lol

Will Knights of Honor ever be getting it's own badge? It's registers on my Paradox account, but doesn't appear when I sync my account to the forum.

Will Knights of Honor ever be getting it's own badge? It's registers on my Paradox account, but doesn't appear when I sync my account to the forum.

Paradox was only the distributor of the game in north america, as far as i know.

The subforum closed with this:
It is time to say farewell to this part of the forum. The reason being: The rights for this IP is no longer the property of Paradox Interactive.

The forum will remain readable for a while, but no new posts will be allowed.

Please refer to the developer if you wish to ask questions about the title or need help with anything. Paradox Interactive will not be able to support or comment on this game anymore.

Thank you for the time that has been!

//BjornB
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...cement-this-forum-is-now-discontinued.658812/

So that's probably why if there won't be a badge.
Unless that changed again...

Reactions:
WHAT THE HELL are you doing???!! I dont want to connect with Steam --- I want HOI4!!! So please Focus on that!
Different people work on the games themselves from the people that work on the forums. Making this feature almost certainly took no time away from work on HoI4.

Reactions:
WHAT THE HELL are you doing???!! I dont want to connect with Steam --- I want HOI4!!! So please Focus on that!
Do you want the whole studio, even those with no game coding experience working on HoI4? :p Would probably slow down the project more than anything. And no, as Meneth was touching,they are no longer 5 people in total at PDS.

Just to clarify as Meneth said, the people working on the forums are not game developers, we aren't taking resources from that project.

Even better, remove the stupid system!
It's retarded...
Excellent feedback, will make sure to bring this up in the next meeting!
nice-gif.gif

Reactions: