UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
a leaked photo of
The new hamster is getting up to speed and the queue is being sorted.

hamster_powered_computer_xsmall.jpg

I'm not seeing the page for Step 2 anywhere. How do I navigate to it?

Hover your mouse over your account name top right.
In the pop-up is Owned Items. Just as in the picture.

Since I have a problem with syncing the items in my Steam library, and your support staff keeps mentioning that my never having posted in the forum makes it difficult to see which games ought to be synced, I decided to remove this obstacle by posting this, by itself rather superfluous, message.

I suggest that the instructions here need to be redone.......

I was able to get this far.......

1. sign into your paradox account (you are already signed in if you are reading this)
  2. go to your account settings
  3. go to edit account
  4. (now comes the part the original post labels as step 1-which consists of….)
    1. Click on the connect button
    2. Open up your steam account
    3. Log into your steam account
    4. Click on the “allow” button” to allow paradox to sync games
    5. Reopen you steam account because it closed and is asking you to sign in again.

But now….I can’t get to step 2…..there is no “owned items list”….there is a games list (which has HOI4, but not Stellaris listed),

These “instructions” need to be better. This should be a 20 second task, MAX, not 20 minutes of useless clicking and giving up in frustration.

And no....I shouldn't have to scroll thru 534 pages of posts to learn that "oh...you can't get there from here...you have to go someplace else first"

I suggest that the instructions here need to be redone.......

I was able to get this far.......

1. sign into your paradox account (you are already signed in if you are reading this)
  2. go to your account settings
  3. go to edit account
  4. (now comes the part the original post labels as step 1-which consists of….)
    1. Click on the connect button
    2. Open up your steam account
    3. Log into your steam account
    4. Click on the “allow” button” to allow paradox to sync games
    5. Reopen you steam account because it closed and is asking you to sign in again.

But now….I can’t get to step 2…..there is no “owned items list”….there is a games list (which has HOI4, but not Stellaris listed),

These “instructions” need to be better. This should be a 20 second task, MAX, not 20 minutes of useless clicking and giving up in frustration.

And no....I shouldn't have to scroll thru 534 pages of posts to learn that "oh...you can't get there from here...you have to go someplace else first"
Your owned items list is here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?account/owneditems

You can find it in the drop down menu from your username.

Same problem here... I have been waiting for weeks for my games to resync. I even tried logging in with another browser, in case there were some bugs with my usual one.

Frankly, why don't they remake the whole system and let people manually fill in their games, that would be far quicker and easier... It's not as if people would fill all the games they don't own and then pretend to write on forums about thing they don't know... -_-

It's not as if people would fill all the games they don't own and then pretend to write on forums about thing they don't know... -_-
The old system required you to type in CD keys---so you couldn't fill in games you didn't own.
They will never make a version where you yourself says what you own without proving it. The reason being that to get things like tech support, access bug reports, or get mods you need to have the game registered---i.e. have proven you paid PI. The reason for that is that they don't want to risk helping pirates.
So no matter the system you need to prove you actually own the game.

Does it say connected on this page? If not then try pushing that button.
https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/profile/email?locale=en

Same problem here... I have been waiting for weeks for my games to resync. I even tried logging in with another browser, in case there were some bugs with my usual one.

Frankly, why don't they remake the whole system and let people manually fill in their games, that would be far quicker and easier... It's not as if people would fill all the games they don't own and then pretend to write on forums about thing they don't know... -_-
The most common causes for that are that you are not actually linked with Steam, are linked to the wrong Steam account, or have already linked the Steam account to some other Paradox account.

Please log a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with all applicable details, I'm sure we'll get you sorted out.

When I click on "Register Game", it requires a redeem key. What is a redeem key.
It's what we used to use to register games on these forums. Unless you have some non-Steam games, you don't need them any more. See the first post in this thread for the replacement process.

When I was on the Paradox Account Screen and clicked Settings, it resulted in a screen to change my email address and password.
I will not continue with this unpleasant experience, so I have placed a stop payment order on my American Express Account.

OK, now it works.
Actually I had to remember my original Steam account name, since I have been using an alt nickname. So I logged back with it and it worked!
What I don't understand is why the system could allow me to log with an alt Steam nickname, recognize it but not properly link to the account's games.

What I don't understand is why the system could allow me to log with an alt Steam nickname, recognize it but not properly link to the account's games.
You'd have to ask Steam that. The Steam page you reach when linking is fully steam and PI has nothing to do with it.
Might be that the aliasing feature of steam doesn't work properly with the API PI is using. Or something else. Could be many things.

OK, now it works.
Actually I had to remember my original Steam account name, since I have been using an alt nickname. So I logged back with it and it worked!
As I said in your Zendesk ticket, you had linked to a different Steam account, that had none of our games in its library.

I halfway completed this process. I was unsure of whether the syncing was actually working and refreshed the page. When I did so, it showed that 33/54 items were synced. I have tried for a few hours to get the remainder of the games/DLC's synced up to no avail. What must I do to get the remainder of my games synced up? Thanks.

I halfway completed this process. I was unsure of whether the syncing was actually working and refreshed the page. When I did so, it showed that 33/54 items were synced. I have tried for a few hours to get the remainder of the games/DLC's synced up to no avail. What must I do to get the remainder of my games synced up? Thanks.
That's not a progress marker, it's how many icons of a possible 54 you currently have displayed.

You might be right, but I don't think it is. It says:

Syncing your items can take up to an hour
33/54

Then when I count how many games it has listed under this with all show/hide icons, that number is also 33. Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited: