• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harlot

Captain
163 Badges
Dec 10, 2011
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Prison Architect
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
Current situation:

We're getting reports from most regions that the DLC is activating for owners of the Deluxe Edition upgrade pack. The DLC should be possible to download for all of you now. :)

Once again, sorry for the delay and your patience everyone!

A6yiEuc.png

----------------------------------------------------------
Second update:

Good Morning! :)

The Stellaris Console Edition "Deluxe Edition" on Xbox should be downloading and activating the Utopia expansion correctly now!

We're looking into reports of a persisting issue with the separate Deluxe Upgrade Pack. Stay tuned, please!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First update:

Hi everybody!

Before we sign off for today, here is an update from the whole team about the situation with the Utopia's activation on Xbox:

W3wfkUR.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initial post:

Hello everybody. This is an update for the Xbox Stellaris Deluxe Edition players who are having issues with activating Utopia on their systems.

First of all, we're sorry you're having those problems on the day of a big release. There are few bummers as bad as that. :(

Second, it's an issue that's been identified and with the help of Microsoft's team, we're working to resolve the Xbox Store backend issue that's causing this.

The good news here is that this fix can roll out even when we're asleep here in Europe, so the moment it's ready, it will go live, whether we're online or not. It's a priority for us and the Xbox team so please bear with us!

Also, under no circumstance must you buy the Utopia expansion separately. You already own it. The store just needs a fix to recognize it. :)

Once again, apologies for the trouble!

Last edited:
Hmm. I've been sitting here patiently, but if I won't get to play it today at all, that is really frustrating. Nothing you can do about it, of course, but it kinda sucks when I've been watching the days go by waiting for this to drop. I'm talking to a few of my group that are starting to trickle online, all hyped up, and I'm going to have to start dolling out the bad news.

I suppose I'll pop back in here tomorrow and hopefully things will be sorted out. Have a nice day ladies and gents.

Hmm. I've been sitting here patiently, but if I won't get to play it today at all, that is really frustrating. Nothing you can do about it, of course, but it kinda sucks when I've been watching the days go by waiting for this to drop. I'm talking to a few of my group that are starting to trickle online, all hyped up, and I'm going to have to start dolling out the bad news.

I suppose I'll pop back in here tomorrow and hopefully things will be sorted out. Have a nice day ladies and gents.

Thanks for your understanding. We're doing some testing and troubleshooting in the office currently and we're also in contact with our platform partners trying to resolve the issue. We're trying to provide as much info to them as possible with your reports so that we can pass them directly over to the team. Just to reiterate what Harlot said, Deluxe Edition owners already own Utopia so you don't need to purchase it. <3

Funny how the people who want to buy utopia today had no problems but the people who already paid you for it are back of the queue isn't it. Really shows where the priorities are with the console edition. I've spent a lot of money on paradox games and dlc preorders over the years. It's not something I'm going to do in the future.

Funny how the people who want to buy utopia today had no problems but the people who already paid you for it are back of the queue isn't it. Really shows where the priorities are with the console edition. I've spent a lot of money on paradox games and dlc preorders over the years. It's not something I'm going to do in the future.
This is just a technical problem

Eh, there had to be a negative response at some point. Dont get me wrong, I am upset as well, but it is not with you guys at paradox. This is the first real issue I have ever had with your games, and it's not even on your end. Now microsoft on the other hand, I have had plenty of issues with them, and they all seemed centered over trying to suck every dollar they can out of people with no regard to customer service. And this is just another prime example of it. I own the deluxe edition, but if I want to play utopia, I have to drop another $20 on their store. You guys at paradox keep up the great work you have been doing. You guys won me over when you made sim city what it should have been with Cities: Skylines.

Eh, there had to be a negative response at some point. Dont get me wrong, I am upset as well, but it is not with you guys at paradox. This is the first real issue I have ever had with your games, and it's not even on your end. Now microsoft on the other hand, I have had plenty of issues with them, and they all seemed centered over trying to suck every dollar they can out of people with no regard to customer service. And this is just another prime example of it. I own the deluxe edition, but if I want to play utopia, I have to drop another $20 on their store. You guys at paradox keep up the great work you have been doing. You guys won me over when you made sim city what it should have been with Cities: Skylines.
Usually I'd totally agree I always thought paradox were great. I even used to buy cosmetic dlc I don't really care about to support them but the way they've handled this has totally changed my impression of them. I'll still buy their stuff but I won't go near another preorder.

Bendo, yeah like the "waiting to push a button" thing? Even if it Really is on MS end, this is something that needs to be collaborated BETTER with MS and Paradox from here on out to avoid crap like this. I have 4 ppl on my friends list saying they have it unlocked bc they bought the dlc, and that they're waiting on me. Like I said in a previous post, if this is what we have to look forward to with any future dlc with this game, I will Not be preordering. I'll wait a day or 2 after "release" to buy it. That way when I do go and hand my money over I know that I'll have it waiting.

It's just like what they said it's a technical problem on Xbox's end and it has nothing to do with paradox
If it's nothing to do with them why are they testing and trouble shooting on their end? Almost every delayed release on Xbox is blamed on Microsoft it's the standard play to deflect annoyed fans but only seems to affect certain developers...

Bendo, yeah like the "waiting to push a button" thing? Even if it Really is on MS end, this is something that needs to be collaborated BETTER with MS and Paradox from here on out to avoid crap like this. I have 4 ppl on my friends list saying they have it unlocked bc they bought the dlc, and that they're waiting on me. Like I said in a previous post, if this is what we have to look forward to with any future dlc with this game, I will Not be preordering. I'll wait a day or 2 after "release" to buy it. That way when I do go and hand my money over I know that I'll have it waiting.
Yeah exactly like claiming they just need Microsoft to press a button hours ago. Couldn't agree more.

Phew! I was startled when I logged on today and saw that the store wanted me to buy it again, so I'm glad you're all on this. It's not the end of the world if I have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks for an amazing game so far, I'm really looking forward to playing this once the issues have been resolved.

played this amazing game on pc since it's release but due to crappy pc specs it took me like 6 days to reach 100 years which is why i'm thankful it got a console port, i just hope utopia is able to activate soon because that's the expansion that made stellaris so damn good in the first place. It's going to feel so nice to go back to a fanatic purifier playstyle :D

Exactly, the Most anticipated dlc (for console at least) that dramatically changes the game is now plagued by some technicality 15 hrs in with no solution in sight. Meanwhile, people who didnt preorder are happily enjoying it. Smh...