Update on Australian and New Zealand pre-orders [EDIT: September 7, 2020]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Currently the sales of CK3 in Australia and New Zealand are halted as we are investigating matters having to do with age ratings. We’re working on resolving this as soon as possible and Paradox will honor already placed pre-orders.

[EDIT: August 21, 2020]:

The situation in New Zealand has now been resolved. Preorders will resume as usual. We will keep our Australian community updated with development as soon as possible.

[EDIT: August 26, 2020]:

We are still working to make the game available for purchase for the Australian audience, but unfortunately we do not expect this situation to be resolved before the global release. Making the pre-order bonuses available for anyone in the affected territories that might have missed out is also part of these investigations. Already placed pre-orders will be honored from Paradox side

[EDIT: September 1, 2020]
If you have the game in your Steam library, you will be able to download it upon release.

[EDIT: September 4, 2020]
Greetings Kings and Queens! We have received a rating of MA15+ from the Australian Classification Board. This means that you will soon be able to purchase and play Crusader Kings III if you live in Australia. For Game Pass users, your access to the game will resume shortly!

We will come back to you with more information early next week!

[EDIT: September 7, 2020]
Greetings! Players in Australia are now able to purchase, install, and enjoy Crusader Kings III moving forward on Microsoft Store and Paradox Store. In addition, Game Pass access will also now resume! Go forth and forge your kingdom to tell your own story! Steam will resume its sales a few hours after this post (in the middle of the night for our Australian readers).

In regards to the pre-order bonuses, we have decided to extend the Pre-Order Bonus window only on Steam for all our Australian fans until Monday Sep. 21, 19:00 CEST. This way you too will get a chance to don the Garments of the Holy Roman Empire!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
While this doesn't effect me in the slightest, I'm still curious ...

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'll go for the low hanging fruit in that case - try flipping them upside down and seeing if that works.

• 34Haha
Reactions:
I'll go for the low hanging fruit in that case - try flipping them upside down and seeing if that works.
"Try spinning, that's a good trick!"

• 12Haha
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Hey, its only Aussies that have silly censorship laws... why is NZ impacted?

• 3Like
Reactions:
On behalf of my turd-provoking government being oversensitive I'm sorry to our cousins across the ditch. I was lucky to get my preorder in a while ago but this is a sucky situation regardless. hopefully they just slap an MA+ on it and be done with it but man does it suck :(

• 2Like
Reactions:
On behalf of my turd-provoking government being oversensitive I'm sorry to our cousins across the ditch. I was lucky to get my preorder in a while ago but this is a sucky situation regardless. hopefully they just slap an MA+ on it and be done with it but man does it suck :(

What odd is Aussies can swear on TV, but for some reason, game ratings cause much less fuss in America. (For some reason, American censors are fine with sex and violence in games, no questions asked, but using the wrong word to refer to excrement is an instant ban on most networks...)

Reactions:
What odd is Aussies can swear on TV, but for some reason, game ratings cause much less fuss in America. (For some reason, American censors are fine with sex and violence in games, no questions asked, but using the wrong word to refer to excrement is an instant ban on most networks...)
well as odd as it might sound as it sort of is for many cultures but swearing is kinda part of everyday vernacular in aus and not used to demean or insult someone like it more commonly is in other countries. its a generalization but you get the point

Reactions:
Weirdly unsurprised by this development from the Aussie gov, still a massive shame. Here's hoping it's resolved shortly!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Australian game ratings have been a joke for years (Took us until 2013 to get R18).

They kick up a stink over anything portraying drug use (Morphine got renamed to MedX because of us) so if there's any flavour events of that nature it might be a sticking point.

They also are far harder on games because "it's an interactive medium and you are given the choice to do X" as opposed to just witnessing it happen

Blasted useless regressive happy clappers. I hope Paradox don't cave to them much.

I am curious to know what will happen to those of us who have preordered if this is not resolved before launch. I really don't want to have to pirate a game I've already bought.

• 4Like
Reactions:
What's weird is the we got Witcher 3 just fine and apparently CP2077 is cleared for us.
I'm pretty sure they've got a lot more extreme content than CK3.

Our government is demented.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Australian game ratings have been a joke for years (Took us until 2013 to get R18).

They kick up a stink over anything portraying drug use (Morphine got renamed to MedX because of us) so if there's any flavour events of that nature it might be a sticking point.

They also are far harder on games because "it's an interactive medium and you are given the choice to do X" as opposed to just witnessing it happen

Blasted useless regressive happy clappers. I hope Paradox don't cave to them much.

I am curious to know what will happen to those of us who have preordered if this is not resolved before launch. I really don't want to have to pirate a game I've already bought.
If it's only Steam that it's blocked, that still leaves GMG and the PDS store. Or at least I think it does.

Reactions: