Update on Australian and New Zealand pre-orders [EDIT: September 7, 2020]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can smoke hashish in the game, I think you have to be a muslim or member of the assassins or something. I would hardly consider it 'strong' drug use, but this is Australia.
I believe it's because of the interactivity. If it's an interactive option to choose to take drugs they treat it harshly. If it was a cutscene showing someone smoking pot that wasn't interactive it wouldn't get a "strong" warning.

There may be events associated with stronger drugs though I'm not sure if we are aware of all the events in the game yet. Either way I don't agree with the way they rate video games compared to film. I don't think they understand the context either as ck3 doesn't glorify drug use nor does it depict it graphically or even represent it in anyway that is able to be imitated (unless you're a medieval noble) . Not that many people under 15 are going to play this though.

It going from RC to ma15+ still makes me think we're getting a censored version which would explain it not being up for sale yet.
I think it was actually a bureaucratic screw up with the process of getting it rated and something to do with the third party.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Good news, hopefully we can have a couple of weeks window to purchase and receive the pre-order bonuses.
Cheers.

Since many people were more or less forced to purchase 3rd party keys during the period they were unable to purchase throught the pdx store or steam, they should also lay out a process for those people to be able to get access to the Preorder DLC too. I know of a few people who ended up going down this path due to the lack of communication re an ETA on when the issue would be fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think it was actually a bureaucratic screw up with the process of getting it rated and something to do with the third party.

indications are that was an issue yes, though my comment quoted is more aimed at the fact we still don't have a *it's for sale at this point* update and instead we have a *available soon, more information early next week* update.

Since many people were more or less forced to purchase 3rd party keys during the period they were unable to purchase throught the pdx store or steam, they should also lay out a process for those people to be able to get access to the Preorder DLC too. I know of a few people who ended up going down this path due to the lack of communication re an ETA on when the issue would be fixed.

I assume they'll just give the pre order DLC bonus to everyone as a catch all, however they aren't really obligated to take people who bought grey market keys to technically illegally purchase a game into account so we'll see what happens I guess!

Fingers crossed.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've always had the impression that our classification board has been populated by stale 1980s think of the children types. But just glad it got over the line in the end.

I've always had the impression that our classification board has been populated by stale 1980s think of the children types. But just glad it got over the line in the end.
They'd be the same people who were the "think of the children" types back during the 1980s.

Reactions:
About the drug use. The classification board looks down on drugs, with real names, that provided the player with some benifit or another. Do that and you are almost certain to have a tough time getting your game rated. It's to prevent players from associating taking illicit drugs with gaining benifit.

Congrats to our Aussie residents!

Reactions:
Its still emblematic of our government's idiotic attitude to drugs though.

Maybe drugs, maybe shagging your sister, I'll put two bob each way on what they reckoned justified the MA15+ rating :D

Full disclosure - I am going to out myself as a CK2 noob with ~1700 hours played who never once shagged his sister.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I assume that it won't be available until Monday?

Understandable that Australian sales aren't available on Steam yet, but I would have thought the Paradox store sales would have been activated following the news :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hope my gamepass save is transferable
MS Store Save Games are encrypted so you wouldn't be able to figure out by file name which save is which, that being said it should technically be possible to move the saves out of the MS Store Package, into the Steam/Local Saves and give them the proper extension. Additionally it does appear that auto saves are kept locally and not within the usual MS Store environment which means that in the worst case scenario a Auto Save should exist in: Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games

The hashish references in the game would not have likely been any more than a rating note, and plenty of other stuff justifies the MA15+. Yes, hash is used as stress relief, but that also comes with plenty of negative side effects, so it shouldn't fall foul of the "beneficial drug use" guidelines.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm confused as to why Microsoft can sell the game in Australia but steam can't. Isn't it banned across the board until there is an official classification?

Game pass requires you install with 'Administrator approval' - this essenially is a child filter, whereas steam doesn't require this, I think

Game pass requires you install with 'Administrator approval' - this essenially is a child filter, whereas steam doesn't require this, I think
I don't see how that is in any way a child filter? Most twelve year olds are admins on their own computers, heh. :)

Soooooo any update on when we can actually buy the game now there is a rating?