• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes gold is cooler ;D I feel like yellow has bad uses in language also, to quote a random googling "The color yellow has always been associated with treachery, cowardice, jealousy and inconsistency."
So much better to be GOLD :D
You stay that way. ;)

Tinto is its own studio, lead by Johan, in charge of EU4. They are working separate from PDS, they talk of course, they make the same kind of games after all, but they rarely work directly together.
Isn't this counter productive? A studio branded under Paradox, yet not under the quality control of Paradox? Each bad move they do will reflect on the Paradox brand AND stock exchange evolution.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does this affect the unionization that PDS went through recently, or do all the new studios maintain their union agreements?
As one of the union representatives at Paradox, I can also confirm this doesn't affect the collective bargaining agreement as all.
Legally speaking, the 3 studios are all just a part of the PDS legal entity rather than separate entities, so legal matters like the collective agreement are unaffected.

On the practical side, the effect's not huge. Biggest difference really is just that our PDS-union collaboration meetings now have more people in it since it now involves 3 studio heads instead of 1.

• 6Like
Reactions:
All I can think of are the color-designated rebel squadrons from Star Wars.
I have quite literally said "copy Gold Leader, we're starting our attack run now" in video calls.

Yes, I am apparently a professionally employed adult.

• 36Haha
  • 6Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
I have quite literally said "copy Gold Leader, we're starting our attack run now" in video calls.

Hahaha. Once you bring it up that way, I think Team Red and Team Green can improve on the names of their teams. Sounds far too vanilla to me. I think you can do better! Right now they're being outshined by the likes of Team Gold.

Reactions:
The fantasy part was HoI 4
As someone who always plays Paradox games for weird fantasy alt-history scenarios, I think there's room for both of us here. I mean, the weighting on most of the fantastic options are pretty low, and you can always lock it to historical mode only (heck, you even get achievements enabled still for doing so, which is more than I can say for fragmenting Great Britain or forcing Napoleon in France).

Still, I wish there could be more customization of the focus trees. Like, if I didn't want to lock it into a tree path, but wanted to explicitly exclude certain trees would be great. It would mean you could exclude the more fantastic paths, and I could exclude all the ones that aren't. Shame it'd be a devil to code, probably.

See, this is why I love these forums. I know there's been tension between us fans and you guys lately, but we'll make this (royal) marriage work. We just need to remember that each side are valid human beings who care about the games and work through any issues with communication. Hopefully without secretly plotting each other's death.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
And which department is in charge of Victoria 3?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I am super unhappy with the "new" Paradox it seems the talent and management has left the building... Maybe making mobile games will make you guys more cash which seems to be the sole reason for new Paradox management.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am super unhappy with the "new" Paradox it seems the talent and management has left the building... Maybe making mobile games will make you guys more cash which seems to be the sole reason for new Paradox management.

Not sure who you are referencing, but the vast majority of the people behind the GSGs from the last 15 years are still at Paradox working on the GSGs.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I am a bit worried over the developement that IR has now no team assigned to it, as many have stated its in a good state and even the company acknowledges it. I figured that adding more content to the current good state would have served the company greatly as there needs to be more dynamic missions and some work for barbarians, fully fleshing out the game. Like rebalancing of national traditions with forest being the worst in the current makeup of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not sure who you are referencing, but the vast majority of the people behind the GSGs from the last 15 years are still at Paradox working on the GSGs.
I think they are referring to the management changes (New CEO, new project leads, Paradox going public, etc).

Reactions:
I hope you don't mind me asking and if it's secret corporate strategic information that can't be disclosed, I'll understand :)
I'm just curious about the organization around the development of the Clausewitz engine: is there a dedicated team working on it, and if so, is it separate from the 3 Studios, or integrated in one of the 3, or spread out among the 3?
Oh, and what the heck, while I'm here asking, what about the Launcher development team: is it done in-house or is it outsourced?
Thanks for your attention :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't mind it becoming more "fantasy"-like. I enjoyed e.g. secret societies in CK2, and they were deactivable, too.

What I want is for game companies to focus on long-term profitability rather than short-term... that is, focus on building a good product and a good relationship with the player base.

I am somewhat out of the loop with how Paradox is currently faring though, my latest game to play was CK2, which I thought was excellently developed, but I haven't played the newer games.
I really wish they had at least some very rudimentary maintenance of CK2. There are still some bugs that can be fixed. E.g. some of the bloodline building modifiers simply don't work, it seems that in the game code it just needs to be tweaked to be applied properly to the relevant scope.

• 3Like
Reactions:
yes gold is cooler ;D I feel like yellow has bad uses in language also, to quote a random googling "The color yellow has always been associated with treachery, cowardice, jealousy and inconsistency."
..."yellow" would have been the perfect fit for the guys in charge of CK3 then, considering how that game is played more often than not.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I hope you don't mind me asking and if it's secret corporate strategic information that can't be disclosed, I'll understand :)
I'm just curious about the organization around the development of the Clausewitz engine: is there a dedicated team working on it, and if so, is it separate from the 3 Studios, or integrated in one of the 3, or spread out among the 3?
Oh, and what the heck, while I'm here asking, what about the Launcher development team: is it done in-house or is it outsourced?
Thanks for your attention :)
Yes, there an 'engine team' in charge of Clausewitz, I don't know who they exactly report to in the new structure, but they do work centrally to maintain the engine for all teams that use it. The launcher is also developed internally by our Player Services and DevOps teams (they're going to hate me for such a broad summary but they're basically in charge of most the development and services that aren't directly games: launcher, forum, websites....)

• 1Like
Reactions:
The old paradox logo had a lot of blue so I think thats why we didnt consider it as we didnt want one to be "the old studio".

So much better to be GOLD :D
Yea, in the "Gold" studio PDX probably put all the old folks to be resold in a packet, like "EU3 Gold", etc.

And "PDX Red" would probably create new strategy game based on CDA Red "The Witcher". Or maybe the new RPG game based on CK3, not really sure.

Yes, there an 'engine team' in charge of Clausewitz, I don't know who they exactly report to in the new structure, but they do work centrally to maintain the engine for all teams that use it.

Call them "PDX Black" and lock in the basement.

1620155688180.png

Above: rare photo of PDX "engine team" at work

What happened to Europa Universalis IV? I think it might need some attention, knowing how bad Leviathan got.
It was to late for attention, sadly. Funeral probably in two weeks from now.

• 7Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: