- Jul 3, 2018
Hello, survivors! Colony combat, aggressive animals, Colonist Conditions, revised trading, a new level to your gate and more. Update 6: Hostile World is here!
With this update, your game version should be 18.104.22.16838 on PC and 22.214.171.124 on Xbox. And as always, keep that feedback coming, survivors! <3
- Combat mechanics added:
- Specialists can now be selected and commanded directly in the colony.
- Box selection for specialists.
- Neutral and aggressive wild animals now roam the colony.
- Bandits can come to the gate with their demands, which can eventually end up in combat between the colony and the bandits.
- Some wild animals will protect deposits and need to be cleared out before taking advantage of the resource deposit.
- Trade improvements:
- Societies now offer expiring offers and demands that can be traded to improve reputation with the society.
- Reputation now affects the prices of goods.
- Trade items can now be easily canceled with the right mouse button or by pressing a button on the gamepad.
- Tech tree improvements:
- Research progress is now shown as a notification.
- Major and minor techs are now more distinct from each other.
- Every tech has a category icon next to it to help spot what they do at a glance.
- [Community Request] Sound effect from the happiness increase has been changed from 2D sound effect to 3D sound effect to make it less invasive when managing larger colonies.
- New wild animals added: Rat, Rat Beetle, Wild Hog, Majestic Deer, Killer Kodiak and Sand Worm.
- New vehicles added: Offroader and Van.
- Camera pan moved from the left mouse button to the right mouse button.
- Outhouse building added to improve hygiene early in the game.
- The mouse scroll wheel now works properly in the building selection menu.
- Buttons now usually respond to button up events rather than to button-down events.
- Some of the tooltips are now shown with a delay rather than instantly.
- Gate now has 3 upgrade levels, which improve the colony defense during combat.
- Society Reputation now varies between -1000 and 1000, instead of 0 to 1000.
- Specialists now have to be ordered to leave the colony instead of automatically appearing on the world map, and they visually run out through the gate..
- Health bars are now shown for colonists, specialists and buildings when they have received damage.
- Colonist animation states and blending improved. This will reduce Incorrect animations played by colonists at the end of their travel paths or run animations used with walking speed etc.
- Information dialog shown when the survivor group arrives at the game now fills the whole screen instead of being a popup.
- Colonist and Specialist path visualization improved.
- Selection rings added to specialists and colonists in the colony view.
- World map lines and circles are now rendered in a pixel-perfect way.
- Cloud rendering added to the colony and world map.
- Old colonist models were still used in some buildings and have now been replaced with the new ones.
- Pregame and Society screen flag banner was replaced with a proper 3D banner.
- Gate now employs colonists as Guards to defend the colony during attacks.
- Parts of mods are now loaded before entering the Pregame, this allows modding new parts of the game. For now, SymbolTemplate has been added to add new colony symbols.
- Combat events can now be created using the event XML format.