Update 1.11.2 Live - Checksum 7844 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Positive. You might not be seeing it because it's not a 100% case, you need the math to go exactly wrong.
So far, it seems to be about 80%, and it's also inconsistent in that you can have ships in port, pulling from province and hub, as designed, but send those ships on patrol for a time, and then have the same ships have the bug when they go back to the same port.

It's absolutely annoying and immersion-breaking to deal with. Please put this one high on the list, because anyone who likes naval warfare in HOI4 is highly affected by it.

Example: Load France 1936. Look at Oran and Tunis. Usually will show the bug. Move half the fleet from Tunis to Algiers. Usually Algiers will have supply from the hub, as it should. Move ships back to Tunis, they're bugged again.

Reactions:
I assume bugfixes are the main focus right now, but I hope the officer corps promotion gets a few tweaks. Being punished for using many of the historical figures like Heinz Guderian, Giovanni Messe, Charles de Gaulle and Yamamoto Isoroku because they are already a theorist (or another "less important" position) at the start of the game so you can't promote them later on is kind of a bummer.
I'm told our designers have been busy looking at balance and related tweaks.
Please look into this, it could be more fun to be able to assign high command position to some military figures even if they are leaders or theorists. Historical leaders of Turkey in game timeline were both former generals for example (Atatürk and İnönü).

• 4Haha
Reactions:
someone else does not get 3d models for super heavy tank in Germany? (maus) update 1.11.2 should fix that but apparently it remains the same
Panzer I, III, Panther, Tiger II, etc. Don't know about other nations 3d tanks because I only played as germany so far. They(devs) made the 1.11.2 hotfix to fix the 3d models but its only partially fixed. They now need to release a hotfix for the hotfix. :rolleyes:

• 4Like
Reactions:
Portugal Monarchist Path Bugged
With all major dlc active, no mods, if you go down the monarchist path to unite Brazil and Portugal it no longer works because;

- Brazil becomes fascist even if monarchist win civil war

- Prince Henrique Pedro isn’t leader either

I don't see any mention of fixing the font issue that makes everything unplayable.
That's because we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Are you 200% sure you don't have any mods enabled?

Reactions:
That's because we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Are you 200% sure you don't have any mods enabled?
To add to this, it seems that somehow steam does not always clear whatever all files that was using before.

I have had reports of people reinstalling and verifying the cache and it seems to work for some people.

I don't know why this is so, if it's on our end, steams end or a mix. That would also explain why we can't reproduce it on our end as we are working on a relatively clean environment.

Can you try and delete the hoi holder and reinstall and see if it works?

Reactions:
Many thanks for the super-fast patch Team HoI4, it's greatly appreciated :) Thanks for all your hard work on and post-release - I appreciate it was a very ambitious DLC, and that issues and quirks are bound to come up in the context, and trust you'll be working to get them squared away.

@MatRopert - sorry to tag you - in terms of the supply network, I threw in my "normal player" hat and dived into the game files yesterday, and it looks like it would be possible through tweaking the "supply die-off curve", terrain and possibly weather files that it would be possible to create a situation where the range of supply hubs was extended, but the amount of supply provided at those long ranges wouldn't be a lot. Given the extremely high cost of new (non-port) hubs, adding this could help the supply system work better, as best I can tell, in large states with only one hub, where much of the state currently isn't in range of the hub (and isn't likely to be even with level three rails and full motorisation - the size of distribution buff from "increased rails" doesn't appear very large in the defines, although I'm yet to test and may have misunderstood it) and has to rely on base 'state' supply (which in those states tends to be very low as well).

I would consider this a suggestion rather than a bug, per se, but I do think the limitation of the supply system in areas with larger states and fewer hubs is causing no small amount of frustration to quite a few players, so want to mention it somewhere it's likely to get noticed. Of course, one of the devs or betas may already have thought of it, and in suggesting it I'm not suggesting they wouldn't have - just throwing ideas around in case they help. I don't think this is the kind of thing you want bug reported, but if it is, please just say the word :)

The other suggestion would be (if easy - this isn't something that's tweakable via what non-devs can see) for divisions to draw hub supply before base 'state' supply - currently it appears to be base 'state' supply first, which means those divs outside of the hub have even less to play with, exacerbating the issues of large, one-hub states.

Despite having a supply link to the capital of 35, Guam can only support 7.44 supply worth of units, and only if you don't put a ship in the port. (If you put a ship there, it can only support 1.8, not even enough for a garrison, even if you use logistics companies.) This is probably the bigger of the two bugs as it prevents anyone from making effective naval invasions since there is no way to stack say, 20 supply worth of units in most of the world's ports for a naval invasion.

While I appreciate this is frustrating based on past versions of HoI4 (and it may well not be WAD, in which case it might be fixed), this actually isn't implausible - Guam is tiny, and 7.44 of units for an island that size could already be historically implausible. I actually don't see the anti-stacking element of the new supply system as a bad thing mechanically, and it helps a lot in terms of historically plausible troop densities (no longer will Gibraltar be defendable by 150,000 troops!)

• 2Like
Reactions:
@MatRopert - sorry to tag you - in terms of the supply network, I threw in my "normal player" hat and dived into the game files yesterday, and it looks like it would be possible through tweaking the "supply die-off curve", terrain and possibly weather files that it would be possible to create a situation where the range of supply hubs was extended, but the amount of supply provided at those long ranges wouldn't be a lot. Given the extremely high cost of new (non-port) hubs, adding this could help the supply system work better, as best I can tell, in large states with only one hub, where much of the state currently isn't in range of the hub (and isn't likely to be even with level three rails and full motorisation - the size of distribution buff from "increased rails" doesn't appear very large in the defines, although I'm yet to test and may have misunderstood it) and has to rely on base 'state' supply (which in those states tends to be very low as well).
I would suggest that you direct your suggestions at our game designers rather than the resident tech janitor ;).

As a general reminder to people, this thread is not here to collect bug reports or balance suggestions but rather to collect feedback on the path itself, whether or not it fixed your issues or if you had any trouble installing it.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Please fix small leader portraits, the event Soviet-Lithuanian Ultimatium fix the "Nott without a fight, may_lead_to_soviet_war_tt" Germany not declarng war on Luxembourg, resulting in France doesn't help her allies, Leon Blum is the leader of Free France. Place the national spirit correctly please and make them in the same size before the update, the more national spirits, the smaller they are. Fix Japan declaring war on the Philippines too early, even before Germany declares war on the USSR. Fix Japan declaring on the Philippines before completing the Striking Southern Resource area. Siam doesn't join the Japanese faction anymore.

Attachments

• 1637889355602.png
    1637889355602.png
    720,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would suggest that you direct your suggestions at our game designers rather than the resident tech janitor ;).

As a general reminder to people, this thread is not here to collect bug reports or balance suggestions but rather to collect feedback on the path itself, whether or not it fixed your issues or if you had any trouble installing it.

Sorry, not trying to mess the thread up. And tech is so much more important than janitoring - you build the pillars upon which the design stands :)

Reactions:
So you may have added in the tank destroyers and spgs for Germany yet yall missed the most important tanks like the king tiger, panther, panzer 3, panzer 1, Lepard, modern tank, Maus, and the first German heavy that's like the gross something. Idk about the other nations but id go back and and double check next time especially for a dlc that we paid money for....

Also, the way the models are selected means the ai is just going to use the same ones regardless of what year the tank chassis is so for instance the Russians are going to use the a-20 and t-35 for the whole game even though they should be using the kv-1 or t34 once they research the next tier. The system before was much more immersive and it was cool to see the models change as they researched newer tanks so it may be worth assigning the basic models to each year chassis so that way the models will update like before.

Reactions:
To add to this, it seems that somehow steam does not always clear whatever all files that was using before.

I have had reports of people reinstalling and verifying the cache and it seems to work for some people.

I don't know why this is so, if it's on our end, steams end or a mix. That would also explain why we can't reproduce it on our end as we are working on a relatively clean environment.

Can you try and delete the hoi holder and reinstall and see if it works?
I did a full reinstall, I still have the same problem.

Reactions: