Update 1.11.2 Live - Checksum 7844 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its nice to see a patch out so fast. But the US, UK, and Japan are still unplayable due to the bugs in the supply system. Naval invasions of any meaningful size are also impossible, which heavily impacts Italy and Portugal.

I get that the items in this patch were easy things to fix quickly but I don't see how they are high priority compared to things that literally prevent the game from being played as the majority of the major powers.

That said, I really feel the new supply system has excellent potential, and I love the fact that flame tanks are in the game.

Reactions:
I've been a long time supporter of Pdx, but it seems unbelievable to me that a paid DLC that had as a major focus the ability to designs tanks somehow made it to release without anyone noticing that the ability to re-use obsolete tanks was somehow disabled.

To me this is the most important thing to be fixed - it is what is making me hesitate to play something I had anticipated for months.

Surely this must be fixed before the weekend.

I am prepared to accept a few photos don't work or that some graphics are not as intended, but reusing excess equipment is crucial. And it is not new: if you can't find how the tank designer is breaking it, turn off the tank designer. The ability to design your own tanks is pretty much chrome - fixing that could have waited while the real bug was fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Its nice to see a patch out so fast. But the US, UK, and Japan are still unplayable due to the bugs in the supply system. Naval invasions of any meaningful size are also impossible, which heavily impacts Italy and Portugal.

I get that the items in this patch were easy things to fix quickly but I don't see how they are high priority compared to things that literally prevent the game from being played as the majority of the major powers.
We do prioritize by a mix of risk and impact for each issue (maybe I should explain more how we do it roughly some day...).
I am however not aware of any supply system related issue that makes the game unplayable for major nations (or any nation really). Did you make a bug report?

• 2Like
Reactions:
We do prioritize by a mix of risk and impact for each issue (maybe I should explain more how we do it roughly some day...).
I am however not aware of any supply system related issue that makes the game unplayable for major nations (or any nation really). Did you make a bug report?

its marked as confirmed not sure how your not aware of it ...

Reactions:
Which issue? Did you make a bug report?
It's already discussed in this thread ! yet here it is :

germanInsignia.png

as you can see three of german army emblems are distorted by naval insignia

To me this is the most important thing to be fixed - it is what is making me hesitate to play something I had anticipated for months.

Surely this must be fixed before the weekend.
If you browse those forums you'll notice that there's a wide variety in what people consider "the most important issue to be fixed ASAP".
We are trying to tackle as many as we can, and making a patch for each separately would be much less efficient for us that batching them together.

its marked as confirmed not sure how your not aware of it ...
We are aware of this one and will have a fix in an upcoming patch. I just wouldn't call it "unplayable" ;)

Reactions:
I assume bugfixes are the main focus right now, but I hope the officer corps promotion gets a few tweaks. Being punished for using many of the historical figures like Heinz Guderian, Giovanni Messe, Charles de Gaulle and Yamamoto Isoroku because they are already a theorist (or another "less important" position) at the start of the game so you can't promote them later on is kind of a bummer.

Reactions:
I assume bugfixes are the main focus right now, but I hope the officer corps promotion gets a few tweaks. Being punished for using many of the historical figures like Heinz Guderian, Giovanni Messe, Charles de Gaulle and Yamamoto Isoroku because they are already a theorist (or another "less important" position) at the start of the game so you can't promote them later on is kind of a bummer.
I'm told our designers have been busy looking at balance and related tweaks.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
So there are two major bugs with the supply system at the moment. They are:

1. Stationing a ship in a port and placing a land unit on the same province prevents any local supply hub from providing supplies to the land units. The land units can only draw supplies from the very limited state supply pool. This makes guarding ports that are actually being used very difficult and makes naval invasions impossible in most of the pacific, where single province islands with ports, like Guam and Iwo Jima, are the norm. Without the ability to naval invade the US, UK, and Japan can't have a pacific campaign. Thus these majors are unplayable in a historical game. This issue also affects Malta, which really messes up the ability of the UK to fight effectively in the Mediterranean.

2. Supply hubs cannot provide their full supply amount to a single province, even if their supply area only has a single province. This prevents you from concentrating your forces for an attack or effectively garrisoning small areas. Once again, most of the pacific and Malta. Guam is a good example here. Build a max port in Guam and LA, max railways between LA and Washington DC, a supply hub in Guam, fully motorize the Guam supply hub, build and max infrastructure in Guam and the entire continental US. Then check the supply map. Despite having a supply link to the capital of 35, Guam can only support 7.44 supply worth of units, and only if you don't put a ship in the port. (If you put a ship there, it can only support 1.8, not even enough for a garrison, even if you use logistics companies.) This is probably the bigger of the two bugs as it prevents anyone from making effective naval invasions since there is no way to stack say, 20 supply worth of units in most of the world's ports for a naval invasion.

Both of these issues have been mentioned in other threads and acknowledged by devs. Hopefully they will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Are you sure you haven't fixed the naval supply thing? After the patch my armies are receiving supplies in port provinces with ships in them both from the state as well as hubs, while they were all red yesterday.
Positive. You might not be seeing it because it's not a 100% case, you need the math to go exactly wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: