Update 1.11.2 Live - Checksum 7844 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

MatRopert

HoI4 Tech Lead
Paradox Staff
4 Badges
May 11, 2018
mropert.github.io
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
Hello everyone!

We just released the small 1.11.2 patch for "Barbarossa" on Steam. Microsoft Store update will follow later today or tomorrow. The new checksum is 7844.
This update solves the issue of Tank Models DLCs not being available in the Tank Designer.
We also addressed the problem of the game executable not being digitally signed, leading to some antiviruses refusing to launch it.
Rest assured this is only the beginning of a series, we have more bugfixes and performance improvements that couldn't make the cut for the first week in the works.

Saves made with 1.11.1 are expected to be fully compatible with 1.11.2 and you can continue your previous game.

As usual, if you have an older save you can finish it by rolling back to an older patch.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.11.2, first check the known issues list, and if necessary please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

################################################################
######## Patch 1.11.2 "Barbarossa" #########
################################################################

##################################
# Bugfix
##################################

- The expected models can now be selected for tank designs.
- Game executable should be properly signed again.

1.11.1 release post
1.11.0 patch notes

• 35Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Cant see the new Beta Patch in Steam. The latest it shows me is "1.10.8 Collie Aniversary (old)"
It's not beta, the main branch should download it.
you forgot to repair polish focus called "expand the university of Warsaw"!!!!
Not forgotten, just not part of this hotfix. More fixes to come in the coming weeks.

• 13Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hi,
Just a question. I am following the bug report section. I can see more bugs are worked on than you got in your known issue list. When will you report something on this list as known? Just for our information so we don’t create double issues.
The most common ones are in the known issue list, aka the ones most likely to be noticed by a lot of people. Not every bug is there because then the lists grows out of proportion very quickly

• 1Like
Reactions:
Its nice to see a patch out so fast. But the US, UK, and Japan are still unplayable due to the bugs in the supply system. Naval invasions of any meaningful size are also impossible, which heavily impacts Italy and Portugal.

I get that the items in this patch were easy things to fix quickly but I don't see how they are high priority compared to things that literally prevent the game from being played as the majority of the major powers.
We do prioritize by a mix of risk and impact for each issue (maybe I should explain more how we do it roughly some day...).
I am however not aware of any supply system related issue that makes the game unplayable for major nations (or any nation really). Did you make a bug report?

• 2Like
Reactions:
To me this is the most important thing to be fixed - it is what is making me hesitate to play something I had anticipated for months.

Surely this must be fixed before the weekend.
If you browse those forums you'll notice that there's a wide variety in what people consider "the most important issue to be fixed ASAP".
We are trying to tackle as many as we can, and making a patch for each separately would be much less efficient for us that batching them together.

its marked as confirmed not sure how your not aware of it ...
We are aware of this one and will have a fix in an upcoming patch. I just wouldn't call it "unplayable" ;)

Reactions:
I assume bugfixes are the main focus right now, but I hope the officer corps promotion gets a few tweaks. Being punished for using many of the historical figures like Heinz Guderian, Giovanni Messe, Charles de Gaulle and Yamamoto Isoroku because they are already a theorist (or another "less important" position) at the start of the game so you can't promote them later on is kind of a bummer.
I'm told our designers have been busy looking at balance and related tweaks.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Are you sure you haven't fixed the naval supply thing? After the patch my armies are receiving supplies in port provinces with ships in them both from the state as well as hubs, while they were all red yesterday.
Positive. You might not be seeing it because it's not a 100% case, you need the math to go exactly wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't see any mention of fixing the font issue that makes everything unplayable.
That's because we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Are you 200% sure you don't have any mods enabled?

Reactions:
That's because we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Are you 200% sure you don't have any mods enabled?
To add to this, it seems that somehow steam does not always clear whatever all files that was using before.

I have had reports of people reinstalling and verifying the cache and it seems to work for some people.

I don't know why this is so, if it's on our end, steams end or a mix. That would also explain why we can't reproduce it on our end as we are working on a relatively clean environment.

Can you try and delete the hoi holder and reinstall and see if it works?

Reactions:
@MatRopert - sorry to tag you - in terms of the supply network, I threw in my "normal player" hat and dived into the game files yesterday, and it looks like it would be possible through tweaking the "supply die-off curve", terrain and possibly weather files that it would be possible to create a situation where the range of supply hubs was extended, but the amount of supply provided at those long ranges wouldn't be a lot. Given the extremely high cost of new (non-port) hubs, adding this could help the supply system work better, as best I can tell, in large states with only one hub, where much of the state currently isn't in range of the hub (and isn't likely to be even with level three rails and full motorisation - the size of distribution buff from "increased rails" doesn't appear very large in the defines, although I'm yet to test and may have misunderstood it) and has to rely on base 'state' supply (which in those states tends to be very low as well).
I would suggest that you direct your suggestions at our game designers rather than the resident tech janitor ;).

As a general reminder to people, this thread is not here to collect bug reports or balance suggestions but rather to collect feedback on the path itself, whether or not it fixed your issues or if you had any trouble installing it.

• 1Love
Reactions: