Update 1.10.5 Live - Checksum 502a (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MatRopert

HoI4 Tech Lead
Paradox Staff
4 Badges
May 11, 2018
mropert.github.io
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
Hello everyone!

We just released the small 1.10.5 patch for "Collie" on Steam and Microsoft Store. The new checksum is 502a.
This update solves another security issue reported by the multiplayer community and addresses a small regression introduced by the previous patch.
Another, bigger, update is scheduled to drop sometime around D-Day and will tackle some of the most common gameplay issues with Collie.

Saves made with 1.10.4 are expected to be fully compatible with 1.10.5 and you can continue your previous game.

As usual, if you have an older save you can finish it by rolling back to an older patch.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.10.5, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

##################################
# Stability & Performance
##################################

- Fixed a second security flaw in which a non host could kick or ban another player
- Fixed multiplayer lobby not correctly reporting version mismatch when connecting to a server

• 22Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Thanks Guys that some of the Bugs existing get fixed with the Collie-Updates. That´s a very cool support for the Gamers and Community, while 1.11 "Barbarossa" and the unannounced DLC for that is in WIP. :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
It will drop around the 6th of June 1944 ?
Yup, as soon as the PDS secret R&D manages to make the chronosphere work and our legal team secures the usage rights for Red Alert ;)

• 21Haha
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It will drop around the 6th of June 1944 ?

:p
If I'm going to be super-pedantic (as if! :eek:), D-Day was and is a pretty generic term used for 'project launch days', so it could basically happen any time (so stay awake! ;))

• 7Like
Reactions:
I'm strictly single-player but I know the MP community has been driven nuts by some of these problems, so I'm glad they've been fixed.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It should also be worth mentioning in the original post for new updates that updating the game causes the launcher-settings.json file to revert to its default status, meaning that if you have moved your game directory files (originally in users/documents/paradoxinteractive) then they will once again be stored there by default.

It means that the game couldn't find my savegames as they are located on my SSD with the steam files.

You can use this link to move your game directory files should you so wish:

Reactions:
Thanks!

Another, bigger, update is scheduled to drop sometime around D-Day and will tackle some of the most common gameplay issues with Collie.

Will this one be fixed in that patch though?

Man the Guns, the expansion that was meant to improve naval gameplay broke it completely instead and it hasn't been fixed yet, not even properly acknowledged. If you cannot fix it then tell us, so at least we aren't sitting here wondering why are the devs consistently ignoring one of the most gamebreaking issues in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
"ye we're aware now move on"
That’s not what they said.

Here the DEV responses:
This was reported a while back internally so we are tracking it

Nothing that I can speak about at this time

I cannot say when a fix will be deployed, or what the priority for this bug is, because obviously if I did I would spoil internal stuff.

What I can say is that we take the community's input into consideration, and obviously this bug has a lot of traction (thanks voting system). Though I am sympathetic for everyone who has this all I can really say is that I made sure we are tracking it internally, sorry for the lack of further information, which I know everyone wants.

The bug is bad enough and the answers might not be what we want to hear.

But no need to make things up. It is acknowledged and they apologize for the lack of information.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Will this one be fixed in that patch though?

Man the Guns, the expansion that was meant to improve naval gameplay broke it completely instead and it hasn't been fixed yet, not even properly acknowledged. If you cannot fix it then tell us, so at least we aren't sitting here wondering why are the devs consistently ignoring one of the most gamebreaking issues in the game.
The issue has been fixed in our internal Barbarossa branch, we will try to backport it in 1.10.6 if possible.

• 17Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
I want to create a border at the center of the map through moding. Is there any way to create a map border?
Hi mejiro, welcome to Paradox Plaza! Please ask this in a new thread in the User Mods subforum.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The issue has been fixed in our internal Barbarossa branch, we will try to backport it in 1.10.6 if possible.
Better late than never, but it is pretty darn late for how impactful the bug is. I won't be buying your dlc because I know it takes years for the developer to fix very fundamental bugs. Bugs are to be expected, but it is the response of the developers that determined whether it hurts your game

• 8Like
Reactions: