Update 1.10.4 Live - Checksum 8878 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hello everyone!

Patch 1.10.4 of the "Collie" update is now live and should be downloading through Steam and Microsoft Store as we speak. The new checksum is 8878.
This update aims to resolve various security issues reported by the multiplayer community.

Saves made with 1.10.3 are expected to be fully compatible with 1.10.4 and you can continue your previous game.

As always, if you have an older save you can finish it by rolling back to an older patch.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.10.4, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

################################################################
######## Patch 1.10.4 "Collie" #########

##################################
# Stability & Performance
- Fixed a security flaw in networking where a user could bypass lobby password protection
- Added extra checks to block clients with empty or blank username from joining a game
- Fixed a security flaw in networking where a user could kick/ban other players without being the host

• 11Like
Reactions:
Will you some day in the future add a spectator mode? Could be with a xx minutes delay to prevent someone from "spying", but I'd really, really, REALLY love to just spectate some games from time to time and most of them won't let me join, because they either tell me it would cause too much lag (Which I think isn't true, but probably an "easy way out" to say no) or they are afraid, that I want to spy for someone else.

Do you have anything like this on your long long long Roadmap?

(I'd also love to see a spectator mode for all your other games :^))

Will you some day in the future add a spectator mode? Could be with a xx minutes delay to prevent someone from "spying", but I'd really, really, REALLY love to just spectate some games from time to time and most of them won't let me join, because they either tell me it would cause too much lag (Which I think isn't true, but probably an "easy way out" to say no) or they are afraid, that I want to spy for someone else.

Do you have anything like this on your long long long Roadmap?

(I'd also love to see a spectator mode for all your other games :^))
You can already join a MP game as observer, like you can on EU4 and other PDS titles

Reactions:
You can already join a MP game as observer, like you can on EU4 and other PDS titles
Sorry maybe I didn't explain what I meant well enough :)

I know, that you can join a lobby and click on "Spectator", but that's where I'm mostly getting kicked from the lobby because they tell me it would have too much impact on performance or they are afraid that I would spy or something. So I'd love to just have a button for a game where I can click "Spectate" without the "discussion" before or getting kicked from the lobby.

For example a small button or checkbox in the serverbrowser "join as spectator" would be nice or maybe as alternative, that people can click on a checkbox "Allow spectators" when hosting a game and you could filter for that or something... hope I could explain better what my problem is :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Sorry maybe I didn't explain what I meant well enough :)

I know, that you can join a lobby and click on "Spectator", but that's where I'm mostly getting kicked from the lobby because they tell me it would have too much impact on performance or they are afraid that I would spy or something. So I'd love to just have a button for a game where I can click "Spectate" without the "discussion" before or getting kicked from the lobby.

For example a small button or checkbox in the serverbrowser "join as spectator" would be nice or maybe as alternative, that people can click on a checkbox "Allow spectators" when hosting a game and you could filter for that or something... hope I could explain better what my problem is :)
You can spectate game of steam friends through steam.. that's an option.

• 4Like
Reactions:
There are some problems with the single-player which I would like to address:
1. Whenever I command the units while Playing as Manchukuo to attack manually they do it for an instant and just stop for no reason.
2. The game really slows down after 1941/42, especially when too many countries are puppeted, played as allies or let countries join Allies.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You can spectate game of steam friends through steam.. that's an option.
Yeah of course, but I love to be able to roam the map freely and spectate from different countries, see what they build, research, plan etc. Otherwise I could just watch some YouTube videos or so :D

Currently I can mostly only do that, when playing singleplayer without ironman mode and spectate what the AI is doing, but that's not that interesting as watching real people play to me :(

Hello everyone!

Patch 1.10.4 of the "Collie" update is now live and should be downloading through Steam and Microsoft Store as we speak. The new checksum is 8878.
This update aims to resolve various security issues reported by the multiplayer community.

Saves made with 1.10.3 are expected to be fully compatible with 1.10.4 and you can continue your previous game.

As always, if you have an older save you can finish it by rolling back to an older patch.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.10.4, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

######## Patch 1.10.4 "Collie" #########

- Fixed a security flaw in networking where a user could bypass lobby password protection
- Added extra checks to block clients with empty or blank username from joining a game
- Fixed a security flaw in networking where a user could kick/ban other players without being the host
For some reason the only version I can revert to is 1.9.x or earlier, not 10.3

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for this fix :D

This security issue truly ruined multiplayer games of over 20 players.

There's another multiplayer issue, maybe you're aware of it. Some people can hack the server and effectively use singleplayer console commands in multiplayer.

It's enough for one of these hackers to delete all of Germany/UK's factories and the match is over.

So I'd love to just have a button for a game where I can click "Spectate" without the "discussion" before or getting kicked from the lobby.
If people don't want spectators in their games, accept that they don't want spectators, and move on.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
For some reason the only version I can revert to is 1.9.x or earlier, not 10.3
Last version to revert is 1.9.x not 1.10.3, steam
This is intended, 1.10.4 is entirely savegame compatible with 1.10.3. Rollback versions are only maintained for saves made before introduction of new features and other substantial content changes.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, finally! They finally did something to make this game faster and stop bringing my poor laptop to worrying temperatures even through it is quite beyond the requirements and-
Meh.
See you guys next semester.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Изменение главного меню тоже связано с этим обновлением? Если да, то подскажите как можно включить моды? Нет модов, которые ранее были доступны через Steam, и если вы зайдете на сайт Paradox, подпишетесь на моды и активируете их на сайте, они не загрузятся. И загружается еще один мод, который был подключен до обновлений, и если в него играть, то как только начнете скачивать для новой страны, сразу вылетит. Прошу прощения, если есть ошибки, все набирал через переводчик, так как английский плохо знаю.

Reactions: