Update 1.10.3 Live - Checksum aa89 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MatRopert

HoI4 Tech Lead
Paradox Staff
4 Badges
May 11, 2018
mropert.github.io
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
Hello everyone!

Patch 1.10.3 of the "Collie" update is now live and should be downloading through Steam and Microsoft Store as we speak. The new checksum is aa89.
This update aims to address a compatibility issue with the recent release of macOS 11.0 "Big Sur".

Saves made with 1.10.0, 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 are expected to be fully compatible with 1.10.3 and you can continue your previous game without risk.

Should you still have an older saved game (from 1.9 "Husky" or 1.8 "Fork"), it will not be compatible with 1.10.3, even if the game does not report it as such. This is sadly an issue we could not fix in this patch without painful side effects (see the known issues page).
As always, if you have an older save you can finish it by rolling back to an older patch.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.10.3, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

################################################################
######## Patch 1.103 "Collie" #########

##################################
# Stability & Performance

- Fixed compatibility issue with macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)

• 6Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hello everyone!

Patch 1.10.3 of the "Collie" update is now live and should be downloading through Steam and Microsoft Store as we speak. The new checksum is aa89.
This update aims to address a compatibility issue with the recent release of macOS 11.0 "Big Sur".

Saves made with 1.10.0, 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 are expected to be fully compatible with 1.10.3 and you can continue your previous game without risk.

Should you still have an older saved game (from 1.9 "Husky" or 1.8 "Fork"), it will not be compatible with 1.10.3, even if the game does not report it as such. This is sadly an issue we could not fix in this patch without painful side effects (see the known issues page).
As always, if you have an older save you can finish it by rolling back to an older patch.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.10.3, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

######## Patch 1.103 "Collie" #########

# Stability & Performance

- Fixed compatibility issue with macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)
nice

if you don't bug report it, you guarantee it will be ignored.
Bugs have already been reported, that's why I said they are ignored.

The bug report forum is filled with dozens and dozens of reports, of which very very few are actually fixed. I reported some bugs earlier this year, after LaR, and now some other ones, and zero answer.

You speak as if reporting a bug always implied having it fixed.

And it's not even about reports, some bugs shouldn't even be in release if they tested the game and were careful enough when coding. Broken states with formable nations, cores and claims have always happened and devs still make the same mistakes after each update. With BftB, the starting compliance of many colonial states broke, with Italy having 0% compliance in Zara and Japan only 20% in Korea, and, not being a featured change, I reported it as a bug and there has been no word. Changelogs haven't featured it as fixed either. The report is now buried after many pages of reports, so it's now useless.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
hoi4 pacht 1.10.3 the portraits of the new generals you recruit have disappeared and from time to time a unit that is attacking also disappears. I play for Italy and all of this started to happen in a saved game after I downloaded the patch yesterday

Reactions:
Just my 2 cents on this, the title says "not for problem reports" and the very next comments are problem reports. I think this highlights an issue many players have:
Devs most of times ignore bug reports unless the game is literally unplayable.
Hearts of Iron 4 still has many unfixed bugs and I think this "only fix the essentials" approach makes Hearts of Iron 4 look more like a beta game than a fully fledged game. From what I understand, they have a small team, and maybe there is pressure from the mother company, I don't know, but I think the dev team should focus more on fixing the current existing bugs before moving towards making a new DLC, even if it postphones the DLC with a few months.

I enjoy a new Hearts of Iron 4 DLC as much as the next man, but if they won't fix their previous bugs before moving to the next DLC, the game will only have more and more to the point where it becomes impossible to fix them. You can't get everything pre-release, but the post-release bugs should have been given more attention than they have. I've seen plenty of posts in the bug reports sections that haven't been fixed for years and some were as simple as a typo or localization problem, it would literally take seconds to fix.

Hearts of Iron 4 is a great game, but not exactly polished around the corners:
- Lots of bugs, a focus tree works well alone. But if you go multiplayer and different players go alt-history there's a fair chance everything becomes a mess.
- A lot of historical inaccuracies in Hearts of Iron 4 are not present in Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2 or Crusader Kings 3. And being the most recent, World War II is a lot more doccumented than any of the timelines of the other games, so it's supposed to be way easier to get doccumentation for Hoi4 than CK3 for example.
- Even the alt-history path has historical inaccuracies, simply because that's not how that thing was supposed to work, such as France's communist revolution when below 25% stability with 0% communist popularity or Yugoslavia's puppeting of Translyvania in West Banat that gets cores on the rest of Transylvania.

It's a lot easier to make a new DLC from a clean game than make a new DLC from a game full of bugs.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I would appreciate if the game would get a major fix that would fix most of the issues, especially the major ones with focus tree conflicts but including the small ones of missing portraits (including in the non-DLC version which is cursed), wrong localization, wrong cores and simple typos; even if no content is being added and is not compatible with my previous save. The fixing of issues is a content in itself.

• 11Like
Reactions:
Just my 2 cents on this, the title says "not for problem reports" and the very next comments are problem reports. I think this highlights an issue many players have:

Hearts of Iron 4 still has many unfixed bugs and I think this "only fix the essentials" approach makes Hearts of Iron 4 look more like a beta game than a fully fledged game. From what I understand, they have a small team, and maybe there is pressure from the mother company, I don't know, but I think the dev team should focus more on fixing the current existing bugs before moving towards making a new DLC, even if it postphones the DLC with a few months.

I enjoy a new Hearts of Iron 4 DLC as much as the next man, but if they won't fix their previous bugs before moving to the next DLC, the game will only have more and more to the point where it becomes impossible to fix them. You can't get everything pre-release, but the post-release bugs should have been given more attention than they have. I've seen plenty of posts in the bug reports sections that haven't been fixed for years and some were as simple as a typo or localization problem, it would literally take seconds to fix.

- Lots of bugs, a focus tree works well alone. But if you go multiplayer and different players go alt-history there's a fair chance everything becomes a mess.
- A lot of historical inaccuracies in Hearts of Iron 4 are not present in Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2 or Crusader Kings 3. And being the most recent, World War II is a lot more doccumented than any of the timelines of the other games, so it's supposed to be way easier to get doccumentation for Hoi4 than CK3 for example.
- Even the alt-history path has historical inaccuracies, simply because that's not how that thing was supposed to work, such as France's communist revolution when below 25% stability with 0% communist popularity or Yugoslavia's puppeting of Translyvania in West Banat that gets cores on the rest of Transylvania.

It's a lot easier to make a new DLC from a clean game than make a new DLC from a game full of bugs.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I would appreciate if the game would get a major fix that would fix most of the issues, especially the major ones with focus tree conflicts but including the small ones of missing portraits (including in the non-DLC version which is cursed), wrong localization, wrong cores and simple typos; even if no content is being added and is not compatible with my previous save. The fixing of issues is a content in itself.

Couldn't agree more.

Reactions:
Some focus trees don't even work well alone. The Dutch tree is an example I often bring up because it's still a relatively new focus tree that is excellent in design but is plagued by bugs, oversights and things that should work differently but never got changed or fixed. The only two fixes it ever received and that I know of were cases of "only fix if literally unplayable" ("Join the French" being impossible to take with LaR, and starting with 0% compliance in the East Indies after relocating your government which completely incapacitated you due to no factories/manpower and having harsh resistance).

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: