• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be rude. Paradox said they fixed the issue that is in the link you provided (bastards born after Pope's death) - have you even read it? They are wondering if there are other causes for this issue besides this one.
I wasn't trying to be be rude. I was saying they need to reach out to the community more. It was a prevalent issue, and they had little to no communication to the community about it. They could have asked what the issue was and could have been fixed a long time ago. Also they would not have wasted time trying to figure out how to reproduce the bug. If giving an advice is rude, then I am rude.

I already tried with Anti-popes and bastard children, didn't let them inherit the claim. For me it only appeared if the pope died while the mistress was pregnant. If you have steps-to-reproduce to conflict this then I need to know because neither me or QA could reproduce any other means to make the inheritance of claim. Save would be immensely helpful.
:\ Thought you guys knew about the issue. I literally had the solution in my mod and I am pretty sure other modders had the same or similar solution. You could just make a forum post about it and we will tell you next time you need help.

Is the mayor (and other barony) reluctance to spend money (outlined here easy to fix? Its annoying and ubiquitous.

Its something I've been wanting to do for a very long time and I've given a lot of hints at it throughout my time here at the forums but what the actual content is, is secret :D.... And yes its not anytime soon.
Please be steppes and war/economy overhaul, really want Khitans, expanded Mongols, and proper tribal migrations.

Just started another Wessex campaign and again Asturias swallowed by Ummayyad in 37 years! there has to be nerf to muslims starting point charlemange
Nevertheless like the ongoing support to ck2 hope to see all these mess at starting point charlemange couses, go away.

Right now my biggest beef with the game is the inability to transfer duke-level viceroyalties between king-level viceroys. Instead we have to take a -80 penalty hit to opinion for a title they are quite likely to get right back.

I feel like Paradox needs to reach out to the modding community a lot more. How could you have problems reproducing the issue?
I am pretty sure the whole modding already knew why the bastard claim was happening.
e.g.
http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2xvyoz/psa_infant_antipopes/

All you had to do was ask how can we fix that bug and we would have told you how to fix it. It took you so long to fix such a predictable issue. CK2 has so many gifted modders, do not be shy to ask how to fix a problem or what the problem is. I am sure there are many modders who are willing to help you out.
This is true, there's been a good Pope fix mod out for a while, for example.

Just started another Wessex campaign and again Asturias swallowed by Ummayyad in 37 years! there has to be nerf to muslims starting point charlemange
Nevertheless like the ongoing support to ck2 hope to see all these mess at starting point charlemange couses, go away.
How would you balance this though? If you weaken the Umayyads, the Frank's conquer Spain. We need attrition in Asturias to stop the AI from looking at it.

Hi folks!

We have decided to release one more patch before the next expansion goes live. It is going to be fairly minor, meant only to address the most annoying issues. However, the next expansion patch (2.4) is geared towards cleaning the house and will take care of myriads of old outstanding bugs and issues.

This is fantastic. So many little things have piled up over the years in this game. Great that you guys are going back and fixing things in light of where this game has got to.

(a) Does that mean 2.4 is the last expansion patch, though?

(b) The faqih event chain for Muslims is disabled by Way of Life, but Way of Life doesn't add an alternative path to gain the trait. So this is content that was basically removed from the play experience as a result of buying the WoL expansion. Will this be added back into the game? Possibly through the scholarship focus?

Last edited:
Make Avaria creatable for everyone as well as other kingdoms like Saxony. Excluding them from creation in later versions, after allowing all kingdoms to be creatable in previous versions, seems quite odd.

This is fantastic. So many little things have piled up over the years in this game. Great that you guys are going back and fixing things in light of where this game has got to.

Does that mean 2.4 is the last expansion patch, though?
It was confirmed recently that three major expansions are planned for this year. We'll probably get more next year too.

3 major expansion in one year seems like too much though. I would prefer if they spent some extra time checking for the glaringly obvious semi-gamebreaking bugs we get every expansion.

Make Avaria creatable for everyone as well as other kingdoms like Saxony. Excluding them from creation in later versions, after allowing all kingdoms to be creatable in previous versions, seems quite odd.

Failing that how about one of these - yet to be responded to - bugs?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...eates-extra-hunting-attempt-chains&highlight=

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...tion-in-the-Wild-Sibling-seduction&highlight=

The first is fairly major and is an easy fix, but unresponded to bug, so you probably don't even know it exists.

The second is missing events for close relative seduction.

No? how about some responded to issues:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?824537-2.3-BTOF-Trade-Route-Scripting&highlight=

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...OF-Unable-to-Upgrade-Tribe-to-City&highlight=

The first one just needs a bounce event editted so it refers to the correct person, nothing worse than always having to take priests to annoy your potential trade partner, only to have him get the trade route and not you.

The second needs the creation of cities decision to be rescripted, another fairly easy task. Especially bad if you want to play as a republic, starting out as a tribal.

its something i've been wanting to do for a very long time and i've given a lot of hints at it throughout my time here at the forums but what the actual content is, is secret :d.... And yes its not anytime soon.

damn it groogy!

3 major expansion in one year seems like too much though. I would prefer if they spent some extra time checking for the glaringly obvious semi-gamebreaking bugs we get every expansion.
It does seem like a lot but it was confirmed in that interview recently.

(a) Does that mean 2.4 is the last expansion patch, though?
They said in recent stream that as long as people will keep buying CK2 stuff, they'll keep making CK2 stuff ;)

I think the massive bug squashing patch is because there are so many outstanding bugs they can't continue without fixing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.