Upcoming Patch 1.3.1 - Open Beta Branch on Steam

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Howdy all,

We are experimenting with an early access Open Beta for our upcoming fixes and releases for 1.3.1. While this Beta branch is still available, please note that it is not a final product or indicative of our ultimate goal. We are using this to assess viable options and test features, so please let us know what you think!

This branch is currently available for Steam only during this initial test for the Patch, but we are looking at the possibility of other platforms in the future.

FOR THOSE THAT OPT IN TO THIS BETA BRANCH: We do ask that you make sure that you MAKE A COPY OF YOUR SAVE FILE before you launch this Beta to ensure that there is no issue with saves. While we do not anticipate any issues with your saves, we ask that you make a back-up just in case.

Please note that for Multiplayer games: the server list may not display, but joining via server ID does work.

Here is what you can expect in this Beta Branch:

1.3.1 Changelog:

###################
# General
###################
- Fixed some instances of the 1.2.2 to 1.3 save game conversion crash
- Several achievements blocked by the Ruler Designer now list that fact
- Fixed several instances of the game crashing to desktop
- Removed the hair and beard that had shown up by mistake on the Caliph Muhammad shield
- Fixed an OOS when playing a multiplayer session with players running the game in different languages
- Various stability fixes to avoid extra CTDs

###################
# Gameplay
###################
- Fixed looting not making you hostile to looted country if you’re a vassal
- 'Raided me' opinion penalty no longer applies to the holder of the looted province only
- King of all the Isles no longer disqualifies you for being under the threshold it stipulates
- Generous characters no longer get stress for letting their child have a toy from their raid loot
- Two duchies are now correctly required when negotiating the Danelaw, stopping East Anglia from constantly sniping England from Wessex
- Clout runestones now reference the affected title correctly & no longer credit the carver twice
- Fixed the event troops for Varangian adventurers exceeding the window limit

###################
# Localization
###################
- Fixed multiple instances of broken loc strings
- Chinese and Korean font on map is now more legible
- Fixed formatting issue in the credits screen when the game was set to Korean
- All languages now display DLC name correctly in the credits

As always, keep reporting any issues you might face so that we can address them and gather information. Hopefully, this helps you to see a bit more of the process and see how these changes and updates affect the game in the future!

• 66Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
I really appreciate the open beta hotfix, it's obviously a step forward and we wholeheartedly support it, so, thanks for that!
I would love to see these two issues included in the hotfix though (especially since the missing modifiers from the holdings thing, is a documented bug from previous releases but still not solved).

Thanks for your quick response. I haven't made a separate thread (I have posted here though along with others). You can find a few posts in this thread specifically about it and you can also quickly test it by trying to change a building's type in your vassal's county (the button isn't there anymore) which was definitely a thing in since day 1.

You can see 2 posts here and here for example.

EDIT: bug confirmed as it seems.
Can you see it in your database?

PDX-Nicou said:

Thank you, I'll check it out :)
@PDX-Nicou
It's confirmed as it seems. Can you see it on your list?
Bug report here

EDIT: Btw I'd also like to point out this holding issue as well, which was known since the previous versions but wasn't solved since today and it's quite important since, without a fix, we're not getting the bonuses from our own buildings.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
Is it the one marked "open_beta - Upcoming patch"?

ck3beta.PNG

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I was told the is_widget_open trigger would be "fixed" to no longer work in synchronized code in an upcoming patch. Is this change included in the "various stability fixes" of 1.3.1?

I secretly hope not, because the workarounds I have to mod in if it gets fixed are way uglier than if it remains broken :p

Edit:

It *appears* to still be broken - huzzah!

Last edited:
dear just release the hotfix! the weekend is coming

do somehting also with this feedback
yes it does not make any sense the raiding. I told it also a long time ago to prdx. The raiding should be a quicker thing and once someone has fortifications a warning should pop up that asks do you want to continue to raid this it will take more time.
Also if you have light cavalry they should help you spot a raiding force, so this could be a good reason to have them in peace time as retinue as they help patrol your coast/border.
I feel paradox has given up on the creativity and also proper balancing, unfortunately i also notice this with hoi4.
I pray to god stellaris stays somewhat OK. Pls prdx let your brain work and come up with gameplay innovations and better ai - more realistic balance.

• 5Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I really appreciate the open beta hotfix, it's obviously a step forward and we wholeheartedly support it, so, thanks for that!
I would love to see these two issues included in the hotfix though (especially since the missing modifiers from the holdings thing, is a documented bug from previous releases but still not solved).

@PDX-Nicou
It's confirmed as it seems. Can you see it on your list?
Bug report here

EDIT: Btw I'd also like to point out this holding issue as well, which was known since the previous versions but wasn't solved since today and it's quite important since, without a fix, we're not getting the bonuses from our own buildings.
@G.Strategos I think the holdings thing is huge and it seems like it's getting buried. I went and dug up the initial bug report (The one that is still open from November). I've up-voted it as an issue and encourage anyone else interested in its resolution to do the same. It has a subtler effect than some other bugs and doesnt totally break the game, it just closes off options, and it seems like it's not going to get attention unless people make a stink.

• 9Like
Reactions:
@G.Strategos I think the holdings thing is huge and it seems like it's getting buried. I went and dug up the initial bug report (The one that is still open from November). I've up-voted it as an issue and encourage anyone else interested in its resolution to do the same. It has a subtler effect than some other bugs and doesnt totally break the game, it just closes off options, and it seems like it's not going to get attention unless people make a stink.

Thanks! I did the same. I don't know why it's still unfixed and buried.
Please guys up-vote and make it visible again.

• 1Like
Reactions: