• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Parcipal

Recruit
37 Badges
Jul 1, 2019
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
As of today, I've gathered a rather large audience on the Paradox Community Discord and took the initiative to host a planned Multiplayer game, my connection is fairly stable and reliant.
10-12 people wasn't a problem prior to patch 1.5 and the introduction of the nakama-style hosting technique.
However, as of now there are a few fundamental problems with this.

1. Idle players get kicked in a lobby. Meaning if 23 people are joining (and that may take up to 2-5 minutes per player), the ones joining first get kicked and logged out of their paradox account within the game, as the last players are joining. Which can be resolved with a bit of real-time communication and coordination.

2. Getting everyone in and starting the game results in roughly 30% getting kicked due to no apparent reason as soon as the first unpause happens, which wouldn't be a problem, if savegame propagation and hotjoining would properly work. The host has to literally announce a hotjoint with the words "hands of your Keyboard, hotjoin incoming". To further add to this point, hotjoins sometimes simply can't load at all, or the notification of a hotjoining player is displayed 2-3x.
Oh also, this results in the idle bug, portrayed in point 1

3. Removing the pre-start lobby when loading a game results in many of the points portrayed in 2

This is just a re-post of my submitted ticket to raise awareness

• 10Like
Reactions:
Yes PDX time to dump nakama, honeslty they are breaking contract by providing really disgustingly bad service. Even 2 player games have DC problems. I could host a game better using my own connection.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Seems PDX have sadly killed multiplayer for this game with nakama servers, before we had them a 48 player game was achievable. Now not even a stable connection between 8 people. I find it very disappointing for them to fail constantly to comment on this problem.

• 6Like
Reactions:
It is really a shame. IR always excelled in MP thanks to its great map and relatively complex military system (especially compared to e.g. Eu4). Lots of my friends decided to give it another try after the last patch and we were all excited to play together, but as you can imagine, ended up hugely disappointed.

I mean come on. I can live with large Multiplayers being unstable - for some time at least - but not being able to play with 6+ players in 2021 is a disgrace!

Last edited:
Reactions:
we can only hope that bc of EU4 having problems with Nakama Servers we got some fix but who knows. Atm atleast its impossible to play mp and the mp can barely grow if you just cant play the game

• 2Like
Reactions: