• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tmaczko

Private
2 Badges
Dec 1, 2020
  • Knights of Honor
  • Shadowrun Returns
Hello there!

Since I purchased the Ultimate Colony DLC and installed it there is a repeating problem with the lightning tower. It cannot be repaired after it has some damage. As it can be seen it requires wood (???). (in a different game it required plastic ...) The colonist brings parts as usual then the panel shows 7/7 wood is present so it can be repaired however when the repair starts it goes down to zero again and the colonist brings another pack of parts and so on... Of course until the colony runs out of parts, so it is kind of an infinite loop. Tried to destroy and rebuild it and it happened again. Tried to delete all the files and download again at first it was all right it required parts, but then the problem come back again. What I did not try up until now is to disable the Lunar mod to see if it colludes somehow with the DLC.

Please let me know what to do.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20220130211252_1.jpg
    20220130211252_1.jpg
    928,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hey!

This issue should be now fixed as we updated our DLC file which was causing this issue.
If this was fixed it has become a problem again. I play on an Xbox one and my last 2 games became unplayable. My colonists drained my parts supply in both games. playing at 300plus % it took along time to amass a parts pile. within 30 min game totally crippled. Hope this gets patched soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hope they fix this soon. Just tried doing the winter escape scenario and the all the wind turbines in the level are damaged and it just drains the components. A socially makes the scenario 10x harder given how tricky it already is to balance everything

Hey!

This issue should be now fixed as we updated our DLC file which was causing this issue.
This issue is not fixed as of the writing of this message.
It is now destroyed 2 of my playthrus as I rely on Martian Wind Turbines for the bulk of my power.
I’ve read multiple times how this is “fixed” and it IS NOT!
Getting very hard to not just delete this game and move on to something that actually works.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This issue is not fixed as of the writing of this message.
It is now destroyed 2 of my playthrus as I rely on Martian Wind Turbines for the bulk of my power.
I’ve read multiple times how this is “fixed” and it IS NOT!
Getting very hard to not just delete this game and move on to something that actually works.
Please attach here a save game file affected by this problem, thanks.

I haven’t built a turbine or tower yet, but I’m at that point now in the tech tree. I’ve been using only solar panels as I got used to that strategy when this problem first presented itself pre DLC. (They don’t seem to be affected by this issue). I’ll keep an eye once I build a tower or turbine… shame this glitch just won’t go away - especially the lightning tower… the point of the tower is to mitigate damage… and if it can never be fixed it seems pointless.

Is it actually consuming resources or just glitching back to zero materials and wasting a colonists time?

Haven't paid close enough attention to see if resources are consumed or not. Once I noticed the repair wasnt working I just started demolishing them to reclaim resources and then rebuilding. If they didn't protect my turbines (which thank you for pointing out panels are not affected) I wouldn't even bother rebuilding them.

Haven't paid close enough attention to see if resources are consumed or not. Once I noticed the repair wasnt working I just started demolishing them to reclaim resources and then rebuilding. If they didn't protect my turbines (which thank you for pointing out panels are not affected) I wouldn't even bother rebuilding them.
I don’t know for sure if the panels are completely immune from this, but right now in my colony I have about eight solar panel set up, and they have undergone damage and seem to repair without issue.

Yeah, just had the Martian Wind Turbines get stuck in the infinite repair loop asking for wood. Keep hoping to get some kind of official response about this. Really sucks having to use so many solar panels and battery packs...

Hey,

this has been quite an annoying bug to fix because we're having a hard time reproducing it ourselves. Buddhamonkg mentioned that he's playing on PS5, which platforms are the rest of you playing on? Knowing the platform would help us track the issue better.

Hey,

this has been quite an annoying bug to fix because we're having a hard time reproducing it ourselves. Buddhamonkg mentioned that he's playing on PS5, which platforms are the rest of you playing on? Knowing the platform would help us track the issue better.
I’m playing on second gen Xbox One.

• 1Like
Reactions: