• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you're invading Mexico, eh? Good luck!

Does this mod allow peace between countries (unlike vanilla HOI 3)? If so, then you might find annexations will eventually even the borders out as the powerful or lucky countries agglomerate. Vulnerable countries will become parts of less vulnerable neighbors, and so the game should settle eventually into a more balanced state, or so I believe.

Very interesting!

Rensslaer

May 1st 1938 - June 2nd 1938

The plans for invasion of Ethiopa and Bolivia were simple ones. My tank and motorised divisions surrounded the Ethiopian capital of Anacoco as they were unsuitable for the mountainous terrain of the south.

11rrd00.jpg

Ten Infantry divisions was deemed all that was necessary to subdue them.

15i9ulu.jpg

After 6 days of fighting, Anacoco was cut off from the sea. Ethiopia had only one VP and so this would be a short war.

52i25k.jpg

My actions did not go unnoticed.

w0rxis.jpg

Meanwhile Finland finally joined the bandwagon, deciding it was time to head north into Alsace-Lorraine.

2vayul5.jpg

A Bolivian Division was cut off early while the majority of my forces headed south to make it harder for it to be rescued.

2r720k5.jpg

Although numerically outnumbered, their fighting ability was notably higher than the Italians however my forces were able to subdue them on the 11th.

2mo18yd.jpg

However this belief was quickly changed after fighting further south resulted in clear victory.

f254ih.jpg

Meanwhile elsewhere in the world. Austria was making progress in the south of ComChina.

30bjm8z.jpg

As the divisions pressed on through the northern plains, there were quickl approaching a very large obstacle.

286ttg8.jpg

2njln9i.jpg

Corporal Paladino breathlessly sat on a rock at the summit of a rocky "hill" they had spent the day climbing. He pulled out his canteen and drank from it while looking down into the valley. The rest of his platoon were close behind, his squad had been chosen to be the first ones to be shot at. Private Davids having just reached the top collapsed equally breathless in the the shdaow of Paladino's rock.
"Ah Jesus, not another one."
"John I welcome you to the Sierra Madre Oriental. A thousand kilometres of fun."
"You call this fun?"
"I see we've already lost your sarcasm detecting abilities." They sat in silence for a while the rest of the platoon reached the top and collapsed on the ground. "Nice view though."
"Yeah..." he nodded in agreement.

Victory in Anacoco!

13z8jev.jpg

bhj15e.jpg

After libertating these lands from the mysterious Ethiopians, cheering crowds flowed on the streets. However unlike before in College Station, order was quickly imposed. Cleveland, Westpoint, Tuscaloosa and Jackson were at last reconnected to the rest of the country.

There was a pleasing lack of resitance from the remnants of the two countries I had removed from my lands. Some Italian supporters had holed themselves in Temple but they were being rounded up.

6szwye.jpg

Finlands conquest was over. If you can see that tiny yellow bit in the centre of their country, that is the new puppet city state.

x210s2.jpg

Hours later, unsatisfied with just one country. Finland declared war on two more!

v5bor9.jpg

10ifgph.jpg

I should have mentioned that the first air battle took place over the skies of San Antonio against Bolivian tactical bombers. They were quickly dealt with. One division returns north to take the airfield to prevent any more aerial threats. My fighters still have a very limited range.

js0o7k.jpg

Lithuania knows somethings up.

r79klx.jpg

By the start of June there hadn't been any serious fighthing for two weeks. It felt that the entire Bolivian army was only made up of HQ's.

2mqronc.jpg

The ComChi capital is now on the frontline.

2n9yf7q.jpg

Despite all the odds, Kosovo is still holding out and the Savoians advance seems to have been halted.

10pdr80.jpg

As the foreign minister wrapped up his update on the international situation. Noirtier announced that Admiral Strozier was waiting outside.
"Would it be rude of me to inquire as to why you're meeting the Admiral? You seem to have been meeting with him frequently the past few weeks." Asked Jenney.
"Hm? I've been giving some thought to his Aircraft Carrier idea."
"Surely you're not building such a silly contraption?" The foreign minister laughed.
"Not immediately no. He's been working with a few teams of engineers and ship builders to design a prototype. He is keeping me informed. The designs have come along quite well. Now if you'd be so kind to send him in on your way out."

This is what happens when you take too many screenshots.

5​

June 2nd 1938 - September 8th 1938

It took 9 days until any resistance appeared but yet again it was made up of HQ's.

21onxe.jpg

It was decided that all units would stop outside the Capital, Coatcacoalcos in case the entire Bolivian army was holed up there.

fe0v38.jpg

The first infantry division for three weeks was at last spotted. This division would eventually become mildly frustrating.

10nsvw7.jpg

More good news, this lasts till the end of the year!

2eofedj.jpg

I had been chasing an HQ for a long time now and it had been worn down A LOT.

2m349q8.jpg

There is very little resistance in most of the country.

34jc6sm.jpg

Unlike in Kosovo...

8wl6xw.jpg

Albeit a much slower advance, the alliance was still advancing.

r2vwj6.jpg

2e0ognn.jpg

It seems Finland is also at war with Persia.

2em342e.jpg

Scotland have at last made some progress.

okdfv8.jpg

A cornered Bolivian division.

53n0g6.jpg

Two tiny countries, both with big friends.

vpuwqh.jpg

2aetlie.jpg

This is the first nation in the Americas to join one of the big three. This country is also allied to Costa Rica. The north has suddenly become more threatening.

16adzk8.jpg

My units almost in position.

10idys3.jpg

This infantry division does not know when to quit.

j0ww80.jpg

The Capital falls!

2ho9rmu.jpg

28th July

As we marched through the city, glad that so few of us died the people came out of the cellars and watched us march by. Its different to College Station. Theres no cheering crowds, just a hushed group of onlookers. In some windows people have placed flags of the Facist party that had left them before we had reached the city. Everyone looks anxious, a few welcome us as we restore liberty and free speech but few appreciate it. It has been forced on them.

Finland have invaded Mexico.

a3dwdx.jpg

CC have lost their capital!

24350cj.jpg

A new song appeared through the loudspeakers and radios in Kosovo recently. No one is sure who Aperture science is or who has been killed and torn to pieces and burnt in a fire. But the title is believed to be "Still Alive".

28lxif6.jpg

This song is also well known to this infantry division....

5d5iwz.jpg

The assualt on Guatemala begins.

ih1t2o.jpg

And ends.

nfog2a.jpg

The people are not happy.

x55f9t.jpg

September 8th

Another war over. I'm exhausted. I also stink. I haven't had a chance to get cleaned up properly since we took Coatcacoalcos. They're setting up some hot showers in the court yard where I've been billeted. We're getting new uniforms too. I keep hearing rumours today about a group of soldiers from the 7-ta being gunned down outside a cafe. Some people are saying three some over fifteen. I hope our division does not have to be posted down here. I'm worried that we're going to be attacked like the guys from the 7-ta as soon as things quieten down here.

6​

September 8th 1938 - January 1st 1939

Upon recieving the news of Bolivias surrender, Victor and a few close friends and Admiral Strozier headed to the port of Oxnard to board his private yacht. It had been a while since he had last sailed out beyond the the horizon but he felt that he needed to get away from it all for a short while. He ordered that their was to be no radio communication unless in any emergancy arose.

It was now the afternoon of the second day. His friends were still sleeping off the night of heavy drinking but he woke up perfectly fine. He had positioned himself on the portside, cast his line out and waited for something to bite. So far nothing was biting and he was quickly drifting to sleep. This was interrupted by Strozier bursting out onto the deck and quickly put his head over the rail then wretched loudly. Victor waited for the Admiral to finish and collapse on the deck.
"Is my navy really lead by an Admiral who gets seasick?" he chuckled. Strozier looked up at Victor before quickly turning his head away in embaressment.
"No, I'm hungover. I apologise you had to see that."
"Well it's to be expected, no one can usually keep up with me anyway."
"With respect sir, you were the first to pass out."
"I had the sense to stop drinking and passing out was the quickest option." He smiled and looked out to see. The smile quickly dissappeared and he shouted, "Someone bring me my binoculars!" A sailor quickly brought them, Victor peered out across the ocean and sighed. "They couldn't just leave me alone for three days now could they?" He handed the binoculars to Strozier.
"It's the Sofija coming towards us at full speed! What's she doing here? Ah they're signalling us! C-U, Cut. E-N-G-I, Engines. P-R-E-P-A, Prepare. To... Be...B-O-A-R-D, Boarded?"
"What? Signal them back and ask why." Another sailor climbed to the top deck outside the bridge and signalled back. Strozier read the reply.
"Return the Prime Minister and Admiral or face lethal force! What the hell is going on?"
"Well I'm going to find out." Victor climbed below deck to the radio room, ordered the radioman to connect with the Sofia, after a short while announcing he had achieved contact, Victor yanked the microphone from the mans hand. "This is Prime Minister Victor, What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" There was a pause and a familar voice appeared.
"This is Field Marshal Gent, are you alright sir?"
"Yes of course I'm alright! What the hell are you doing here?"
"Rescuing you sir" he replied in a confused tone.
"From what?"
"...the kidnappers sir."
"And what gave you that impression?"
"No one could find you for the past few days."
"I'm on holiday, I left a message."
"We recieved no such message sir, may we come aboard to be certain."
"Fine, fine do what you like but all you will find is pissed off Prime Minister and a group of very hungover personal friends."

After a short while the Sofija pulled along side and a group of soldiers searched the ship. Victor glared angrily everytime the went past. After an exhaustive two hour search, they conceded that Victor was perfectly safe. Gent came onboard to say sorry but instead appeared with maps and lead Victor and the Admiral down below to have a private meeting. Gent unrolled the maps on the table and was about to begin.
"What the bloody hell is this?" asked Victor.
"A tactical update sir."
"I'm on holiday Field Marshal!"
"Well I thought since I was here."
"Fine, fine."

10ygd4w.jpg

"Our next potential target..."
"Who said anything about invading anywhere else?"
"We annexed Bolivia for no reason sir. Now our next potential target could be New Zealand. This would restore the connection to our final isolated Bulgarian cities. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to defeat them without going through Indonesia or Uruguay. They are also allied with Xibei San Ma, Uruguay, United Kingdom, Ecuador and Saudi Arabia. The majority of the east coast."

28t7xih.jpg

"To the south is the FRG, another far-right country. Their country is full of jungle, rivers and a few mountains."

k2k0v5.jpg

"The Baltic Union is allied with Galacia. Afghanistan is a potential target to aid the expansion of Galacia. As long as they are the ones who declare war."
"And Costa Rica?"
"They are allied to the UK, Catalonia, Ecuador, Uruguay and Indonesia. Speaking of which, Indonesia is allied to Andalusia also. Hungary is the only other neutral nation."

Now back to the world. Mexico is in fact in Norway and is allied to Columbia. They couldn't escape from Finalnd.

2pysvb7.jpg

Kosovo has managed to reclaim a slice of territory!

w70hmc.jpg

However Savoy looks like it is mostly in control.

344scye.jpg

Austria continues advancing north.

290u429.jpg

23vi90p.jpg

Declaring war on an allied nation just got closer to home. This has caused me to begin to drift towards the axis as they now have areas of land which I claim.

2s82y5s.jpg

In a long term goal to help improve my energy situation. A so-called nuclear physicist offered a solution. With the distinct lack of energy resources, all avenues were to be explored.

fc6x5w.jpg

kd7fye.jpg

After 7 months of fighting, the stubborn nation of Kosovo at last surrenders. Victor ordered that the nations borders should be open to refugees of this tiny nation and plans drawn up to create a Kosovian branch of the army. Any armed forces needs men who fight with such determination.

20r9tmu.jpg

At the begining of November, a new design was placed on Victor's desk. He sent the Admiral away again to keep improving it.

vo6hko.jpg

Bolivians begin their first revolt. The 7-ma is sent to deal with these fools.

j9trq0.jpg

24bvrsn.jpg

9zmtcx.jpg

More war!

2vs13lf.jpg

b6c7xh.jpg

I have no idea how they plan to fight this war.

2qcgrap.jpg

Another nation in my backyard! At this rate I may become the only free nation within the axis!

2w6t2qr.jpg

The rabble surrender without a fight.

2m27uj4.jpg

wlyrrr.jpg

16hqhj4.jpg

Mexico and Columbia are on their last legs.

zxuxic.jpg

The FRG is quickly becoming a popular target for invasion. Sweden is far too big and too far away.

29wr1us.jpg

At the end of 1938, Azerbaijan continues the fight.

t071ty.jpg

The war in between Brittany and the DPRK is stagnent.

znvpkp.jpg

The advance in the north has not moved for the past month.

de5qo8.jpg

Meanwhile Austria is quickly advancing northwards in the "soft underbelly".

kal176.jpg

Galacia's army has grown impressively. It has increased by 36 brigades this year alone, while I have only increased by twelve. This is likely due to energy shortages that have no become less of an issue with the annexation of Bolivia. Tactical bombers and tanks are on the way.

28mmr12.jpg

Wow. FRG may become your target because it's the only nearby power who isn't part of the Allies, is that correct?

Indonesia and Baltic Union are both part of the Allies, you're part of the Axis... Does this mean when Axis/Allies go to war you're automatically at war with your two most powerful neighbors, or is there some other dynamic at work?

Rensslaer

Wow. FRG may become your target because it's the only nearby power who isn't part of the Allies, is that correct?

Indonesia and Baltic Union are both part of the Allies, you're part of the Axis... Does this mean when Axis/Allies go to war you're automatically at war with your two most powerful neighbors, or is there some other dynamic at work?

Rensslaer

No I'm still "neutral" just now I'm drifting away from the allies towards the axis. There are no axis nations in my side of the world, probably because I've already picked off three of them :). BU won't attack because I am allied to Galacia... in theory. I hope I will be prepared if Indonesia gets high and mighty about my expansion southwards but there are still only 3 out of the 15ish nations in America that are members of the allies.

7​

January 1st - June 1st 1939

Things are quiet at the moment because I am building up my army. Even though I have twice as much IC availible as I had the year before, I am restricted on its usage because I am constantly running into problems aquiring Energy. The Auto-trade is quite content at ignoring this issue and it was not until the end of this session that I managed to get any energy from another country, Euskadi (Next to ComChina).

The first willing country joined the Comintern. It is unlikely they will be able to support each other as Andorra is in the Pacific.

11h6hwh.jpg

Stilll going...

2mwil8k.jpg

However if ComChina is defeated they still have a VP over here.

2hs9m4h.jpg

lbl94.jpg

Italy has unexpectedly invaded Syria.

2ls6uk4.jpg

Korea removes Karelia from the mainland.

2w701ug.jpg

2ymt3wh.jpg

6 days later

o08wx.jpg

dmekk6.jpg

2ic1qx2.jpg

25hookn.jpg

op8v81.jpg

They were then puppeted.

2q1i4v9.jpg

Savoy has now doubled in size a year on!

2qla49e.jpg

10r8x05.jpg

A month has passed, this is not the same image twice, they have litterally not moved.

2l96yif.jpg

Unsatisfied, Savoy gets cocky.

2duk1l1.jpg

Here is Hamburg.

14wgltw.jpg

And The Republic of Karelia which occupies the north of Ireland.

rbxuz5.jpg

It seems that Savoy has angered another neighbour allied with it's targets.

6xpvs9.jpg

Quite a large neighbour.

6s55pv.jpg

Satisifed with the latest blueprints and the need to have some real world experience with them. An aircraft carrier is commissioned. It will take 822 days 0.o

2wmpggm.jpg

Sweden is a very large country that stretches from central russia to the pacific.

21etiis.jpg

2rnifbd.jpg

More war!

i5yzjq.jpg

2004lu9.jpg

Kyushu it seems was allied with Karelia. They have no been puppetted by Australia

24obxn7.jpg

Paraguay is also it war with France and Morocco (The white one).

2v8o1f6.jpg

I really want to know why they world hates Jamaica so much. This is also the first country that can actually INVADE some of it's territory.

25qbwon.jpg

Another month and the frontlines still haven't moved!

157nkw1.jpg

In the north Ceylon might be a problem. In the south Italy has joined the war against Savoy.

qno0v9.jpg

After 6 months I have gained 1 Tac bomber and 28 brigades. I still need more to fight the FRG and currently half my army is made up of Mot and LArm. The Amazon Rainforest is HUUUUUUUUUUGE and the VP's cluster on opposite halves leaving a huge gap between them made up of 100% jungle fun. Jungle warfare equipment will completed mid June however there is still concern.

1zmf1fl.jpg

I wonder how armored cars might do. I haven't checked their movement stats through jungle. Cavalry?

Rensslaer

June 1st - September 1st 1939

My god there is a lot of fighting going on. There are countries fighting all over the place! A lot of what I'm posting speaks for itself. A new war for myself is coming, just not until I'm ready.

Complicated stuff ahead, Many countries declare war, many fall!

333y9nl.jpg

This also brings Kyshu into the Axis.

s4cayh.jpg

The blue marks where Paraguay used to exist.

246njmw.jpg

2pydoiv.jpg

Not only has Iceland fallen but Sweden have invaded Macedonia!

2h74cc2.jpg

The Republic of Karelia also got a bit of land out of this war by invading south. This is the first random game I've place where both versions of a country exist right next door to each other. In Ireland was the Republic of Karelia and Karelia meanwhile Nationalist Spain dominates a tiny Republican Spain.

4t857l.jpg

I have no idea where Bosnia was.

o9mtmg.jpg

NSpain has finally broken out into Cornwall.

o9hapu.jpg

Yugoslavia has advanced slightly in the North, Austria has also advanced in the south.

2a0mh5v.jpg

It's looking like Savoy may have bitten off more than it can chew.

10y03e9.jpg

e67vdf.jpg

2rhrdee.jpg

Aaland has invaded Jamaica, perhaps the most hated country in the world will fall?

2qs9ahz.jpg

wankt4.jpg

Wait wha?

ztfyfa.jpg

With the fall of Cornwall, it is upto the German Community of Belgium to continue the fight!

2gxg3nc.jpg

This is one reason why this AAR is unpredictable. ComChina seems to want to commit suicide.

nqwktc.jpg

Savoy falling back on all fronts.

21e18ie.jpg

Perhaps the head of the allies will fall before Communist China?

9gzknd.jpg

29fayyb.jpg

MOAR WAR!

t9d1sl.jpg

This mean Lebanon will be fighting some of ComChina's enemies.

2zqairq.jpg

1e1f0m.jpg

Here's what the current status of the known wars are at the end of this session.

2j2j9k7.jpg

Lebanon seems to be easing the pressure on ComChina.

s3kb68.jpg

I get the strong feeling that ComChina had been keeping several divisions on the Euskadi border. It did not take long for them to advance this far meanwhile the rest of the front is mostly stagnant.

2ednmgy.jpg

GCoB seems to be pushing the nationalist out of Cornwall... or is it Greece?

4kfd41.jpg

Really not good for Savoy.

14sieqo.jpg

I stumbled onto this at the end. There is a huge chunk of Albania that is completely isolated, so three countries are now going to increase dramatically.

2w6um1l.jpg

ac7myp.jpg

ComChina's back up plan has been conquered.

bffkeo.jpg

So what's taking so long? Well this:

3133eyv.jpg

War will not come until november, until the I am a spectator who is also upgrading his equipment and opening access to things that are normally taken for granted, for example; I do not have the ability to construct forts! I need militia small arms 1. I have no militia tech. In this session I have gained a second Tac bomber and some Escorts. In November I will have 20 divisions sitting at the FRG border.

Quite an army you've got going there!

I see Flanders in this game is as defensible as it is in real life.

Rensslaer

such chaos. am i the only 1 not making sense out of alot of these wars? >.<

I wish I could make sense of them, and I'm the one playing! Either way, the fighting is all far away from me. Apparantly my part of the world is perfectly stable except for me wanting to grow.

9​

September 1st 1939 - January 1st 1940

Words can not explain how confusing the situation is getting. Take this for example.

243lrw5.jpg

That's not confusing I hear you say. Well let me point out that because of this, this means Austria is now at war with Macedonia and it's allies. This means that Austria are now at war with Euskadi it's neighbour who together had been fighting up through the south of Communist China. So we now have allies fighting ComChina and each other while Lebanon fights ComChina's enemies without being allied to them. Give it some time and it will become more complex.

This is infact the only action that happens in the entire 3 month period between Euskadi and Austria.

ouboqv.jpg

2uz5qg1.jpg

izvq8j.jpg

A third of Macedonia has been conquered so far.

2n80v36.jpg

Savoy still hasn't halted the counter-invasion.

24op0g8.jpg

This stays pretty much the same for 3 months. No point showing only one province being captured every month.

2116nok.jpg

Well this blows a hole in my future plans. I had been hoping to dominate all of South America but it seems that this dream might be put on hold.

2qxusus.jpg

The most vilified insignifcant country is puppetted.

23rjpyv.jpg

Oooooooooookay, this might become the reason why Communist China actually wins after 2 years of fighting.

2u89lpc.jpg

England is allied with brittany so they are already at war with the DPRK. Byelorussia is allied with Yugoslavia, Japan and Macedonia to name a few. So we now have Yugoslavia fighting on two fronts, on the one side a nation that is fresh and probably going to charge straight through the undefended border, on the other a nation that has refused to fall for the past 2 years.

This does not matter, Shanxi is in Eastern Europe while Siam is nort of Iran.

2i6jpj6.jpg

Cyprus is not involved but Peru is now at war with Italy as well (that nation thats kicking the crap out of Southern Savoy). The other green nation is Pakistan, an ally of Saxony. Peru is just plain *Word-that-I'm-probably-not-allowed-to-say*.

2wmlxrl.jpg

Macedonia seems to be unable to halt Sweden.

2icacuc.jpg

England is proving to be successful.

262se45.jpg

Not much change in the south still.

30k3rfb.jpg

Most of Azerbaijan has been taken.

2rdc3vd.jpg

Cuba, a giant country is moving into Albania's isolated territory instead of the smaller nations. Shame.

2qd3od4.jpg

So I have so time to think and since now I have 20 divisions on the border of FRG I think it's time to talk about strategy of Operation Rapture.

29wk4s4.jpg

Force Red is made up of 15 infantry divisions with a mixture mainly consisting of artillery and engineers. This force will push south past the Pananama canel and then fan out southwards to take FRG's only pacific port. During the advance 3 divisions will hold back to isolate the enemy division. The blue force made up of 5 infantry divisions will begin advancing 5 hours after the main force invades, this is incase the enemy retreats immediatly before the pocket is set up. I am about on par in terms of strength with FRG so any division I can knock out will be a priority. After my forces have fanned out and the majority of Force Blue has joined Red they will begin advancing steadily Eastwards. This will inevitably thin my forces out but I shouldn't wait any longer. I do not want to be at war with the Axis.

Whose leader is quickly looking like it will be making a recovery.

jf7kvn.jpg

Last edited:
9 cont.

Austria has launched a counter attack against Lebanon, driving it out from some of its northern territory however it is still cut off from the majority of it's forces who are fighting the ComChinese.

fd8r54.jpg

Macedonia still not fairing well.

2ytw4t2.jpg

Nor Savoy,

1zr25mx.jpg

Mixed news for Peru.

21vqk0.jpg

Well perhaps just one type of news. This has doubled the size of Saxony.

102phmw.jpg

Italy expands, however this war has put it at war with the German Community of Belgium.

33e3kn5.jpg

Yugoslavia looks to be beaten! Several others look like they are following.

2zemiwg.jpg

2a5an3p.jpg

sz7bkz.jpg

dxg1zs.jpg

Biplanes are now a thing of the past in Bulgaria as the first monoplanes replace the He-51's that were already outdated upon arrival with the newer PZL P.24 Vastreb*. Air Marshal Gwin proudly flew a wing over the capital during a military fair that showed off Bulgaria's growing military technological achievements. Many of the visitors wooped and applauded. Drawings of the future aircraft carrier** were also displayed. There was comment on the use of the United States flag but this was explained that the man who came up with the final design was formerly a US citizen. However it was not mentioned that Bulgaria's navy still lacked capital ships or that many seafaring nations of the world had Battleships, even Galacia had one.

21e7zg9.jpg

watermark-gif.php

* Historically, the P.24 became a trainer fighter in 1940 and remained so until the USAAF destroyed them all in a bombing raid in 1944. The He-51 was already an outdated aircraft when it served in the condor legion during the Spanish civil war. It became a CAS craft after failing to impress as a fighter next to its more modern counterparts, especially when the first Soviet aircraft appeared. It still suffered high casualties despite this.

** This is the prewar USS Saratoga CV-3 in 1936. They later painted it with dazzle camoflage and again in a different pattern during the war. And added a giant 3 at the end of the flight deck. I have no idea why there is Japanese katakana on the image.

a new unofficial member of the axis it seems, com china owes them a large debt
those japanese katakana are showing us that these were pics of the USS Saratoga were given to Japanese pilots for bombing purposes ;)