• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we please have a single official resolution for this issue, preferably an automatic, if temporary, one? There are various approaches and varying successes. I have this problem with Cities: Skylines.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really don't like just being unable to open EU4 out of the blue, and having to come on here to get it fixed. And it's for this increasingly bloated launcher that's being shoved down our throats, and with many bugs that still exist nearly a year after its launch.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Why do I get Launcher v. 2020.4 via steam install?
Well lokks like it`s working though...
That's the installer that comes with the game from Steam, it cannot be updated there until there's a new game patch to distribute it. The launcher should update itself anyway, if that is not happening for you Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

I have done everything suggested and it fails on the repair/install of the Paradox Launcher.
Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Please attach them here.

I have a little bit of a problem : I uninstalled both Stellaris and Europa. And cannot complete (but it's 100% complete) the download on Steam. It says lacking privileges access to :
builtin_dlc\dlc038_women_in_history (for Europa)
common\achievements (for Stellaris)

Inside their respective folders.
Cannot play them. Even executing steam as admin.

I already uninstalled the paradox launcher and other folders through the said method. Cannot get a new launcher either...
Guess I'm stuck.

I have a little bit of a problem : I uninstalled both Stellaris and Europa. And cannot complete (but it's 100% complete) the download on Steam. It says lacking privileges access to :
builtin_dlc\dlc038_women_in_history (for Europa)
common\achievements (for Stellaris)

Inside their respective folders.
Cannot play them. Even executing steam as admin.

I already uninstalled the paradox launcher and other folders through the said method. Cannot get a new launcher either...
Guess I'm stuck.
This won't be a launcher problem. Please make a new thread in the tech support forum of one of those games, thanks.

That's the installer that comes with the game from Steam, it cannot be updated there until there's a new game patch to distribute it. The launcher should update itself anyway, if that is not happening for you Please try this:

Please attach them here.

That`s what I tried yesterday.
After I just launched the game it shows Launcher v. 2020.11. Is it updating step by step until v. 2020.16 is reached?
It still seems to be working without problems though.
Anyways I`ll attach the log files.
2 files appear to be empty and can`t be uploaded: launcher-2021-01-20.log and launcher-2021-01-21.log

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    127,4 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    4 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    751 bytes · Views: 0
After I just launched the game it shows Launcher v. 2020.11. Is it updating step by step until v. 2020.16 is reached?
Possibly - with 2020.11 was there still an orange dot up the top left? If so another exit and restart should see you on the current version.

Due to a failure of launch procedures, we had an unplanned release of the 2020.17 version of the launcher last evening. This uncontrolled release unsurprisingly brought with it some bugs, and we will be reverting the changes for the time being in order to give us time to address the remaining bugs evident in 2020.17.

The reversion is now done and we are back on 2020.16. The current plan is to fix the stuff that was broken and re-release it as 2020.17.2.

Apologies for anyone affected by the bugs and the confusion that will no doubt ensue as a result of the reversion of 2020.17.
The same issues are back with 2021.1 It does not work with Steam Mods from the workshop, the launcher is acting as if it is only built to interact with ParadoxPlaza. Can we please re-re-revert to 2020.16 until you can figure out how to not break mods for all of your Steam users?

The same issues are back with 2021.1 It does not work with Steam Mods from the workshop, the launcher is acting as if it is only built to interact with ParadoxPlaza. Can we please re-re-revert to 2020.16 until you can figure out how to not break mods for all of your Steam users?
This does not happen for all users, eg:

Or indeed for me. If you use Avast that is probably the issue here:

I'm closing this thread as it is obsolete now.

Status
Not open for further replies.