Unofficial Patch for Stellaris 3.1 - Fixing hundreds of bugs in vanilla Stellaris

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Current

Ariphaos

Colonel
87 Badges
Aug 5, 2011
  • Stellaris
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Downloads
=========

Steam Workshop: Ariphaos Unofficial Patch

Paradox Mods: Ariphaos Unofficial Patch (Note it won't let me update this one for 2.7)

This mod should be loaded at the top of your load order so other things can overwrite it. Because A-Z order seems to be the default now, I've named it back (!!) accordingly.

If you have difficulty updating: Load the Launcher, then unsubscribe from and resubscribe to this mod.

The Project is now on Github! Feel free to submit a PR but please follow the guidelines.

Legacy Versions are maintained on Github from now on.

Fix List
===============

See All Changes on Github for the complete list.

See Change Log on Github for recent updates.

Author Credit
=============

Nearly half of these fixes originate from other authors.

Compatibility
============

This should be compatible with nearly everything as long as this is at the top of your load order. Most changes are independent of each other and those that are not should work at least as well as in vanilla if one part gets overwritten.

Performance
=============

This mod has a moderate performance boost. Some rather nasty events were rewritten, and I bring in some gateway logic from my Bypass Adjustments mod, which prevents a lot of things from pathing through them. Xenocompatability is banned from the AI, which helps curtail species proliferation, and the AI cannot build habitats while it owns uncolonized habitats, which significantly slows down how fast the planet space grows in the mid and late game.

Note that the purging fix this mod uses may make the late game chug a bit harder on monthly ticks. It's still quite rapid and it at least makes pops go away a lot faster, so it's a net plus.

Ongoing Games
===============

Ongoing games in general should be fine. Be sure to install either before you complete the Ice Aliens / Azizians project, or about a year after you've finished. Or pick the troops rather than pops or zoo.

It will take time to fix job-related performance issues, and this can be worse the longer the game has progressed. Don't expect immediate miracles in a long-running game.

Modders
=======

Feel free to forward changes from this mod into your own. Credit is appreciated. Nearly half of these fixes are by others as credited above.

If you want to require this mod, check for the ariphaos_unofficial_patch_28 global flag. Beware checking in the immediate scope in a game start event. Delay a day.

TODO list
=========
  • Self-modification investigation (Alexrider803 had an overhaul of this)
  • I have a different solution planned for AI species modification. This does seem to be toned down in Federations, will see if it's tolerable.
  • Redo primitive.180 and make it the primary event for primitives to leave the early space age.
  • A number of max_once_global anomalies might be better as archaeology projects: BARR_BASE_CAT / anomaly.185 (Limbo), DISTAR_CLONE_CAT / distar.70, star_lifting_category / distar.1020, abandoned_outpost_category / distar.1030, time_loop_world / distar.2030, disco_impossible_organism_cat / distar.3010
  • diplomatic.1 and diplomatic.9 - rewrite as on_entering_system events?
  • Fill out a list of planet/location projects to be moved to country scope. Bubbles, etc.
  • The Big Friendly Warform doesn't play logically with the way AI policy gets set. Alternately, allow it but address it in dialog (certainly not as blatent as the AI admiral).
  • Trigger first contact story event in unusual cases. Need to write some text for these.
  • Fix for primitives gaining spaceflight.
  • Some low-MTTH events could do with some reworking.
  • Risa made a number of adjustments to default armor values. I have left most of these out for now.
  • Do something about ED and AI crisis factions losing their constructors.
  • Write a script to make crisis constructors more aggressive about building starbases.
  • Robotic species purging themselves when species policies change and purging is allowed.
  • Evaluate colossus tech generation.
  • The AI always needs work.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Where did you find this partial change list for 2.6?

I'd have three requests, the first two being right on this mod's scope, I believe.

1) Please fix one way or another the fact that the Scourge can infest a subterranean world, and that a subterranean world can't be bombed. This happened to me and would I won the game due to the crazy number of destroyed crisis vessels in this never-ending war (if I had have the patience). Perhaps, this impervious subterranean world was added by a mod (Planetary Diversity?), but if this kind of world exists in vanilla game, better check either that it can't be infested, or that it can be cleansed.

3) The Infinity Machine has no solid surface. Perhaps this is required for the ending, but a science vessel set on "Follow" shouldn't disappear in it!

3) What about including some changes to tamed space creatures (matriarches, dreadnought, amoeba) that were made in another mod by Kaityo, as far as they ensure their utility until and past end game (perhaps settings in this mod where a bit too much, though)?

Subterranean worlds are modded planets. You'll need to contact the mod author about resolving that, I'm afraid.

I'll need to see how follow collisions work. I've noticed the same thing for e.g. the juvenile amoeba.

Definitely out of scope for this mod, but I have an expansion planned where I make some more drastic changes to the game. This mod I want to tread very lightly on making balance and gameplay changes.

-------------------------------------------

Original 2.5.1.0 Patch Notes

This mod should be loaded at the top of your load order so other things can overwrite it.

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1995601384
Paradox: https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/3722/Any (Nice of Paradox not to recognize Steam's formatting for the description...)

Many of these were first developed or found by Risa in their unofficial patch to 2.1. I have rewritten them where appropriate, removed ones fixed or made irrelevant, and fixed the occasional fix. Some of the changes between 2.1 and 2.5 were too extensive to easily suss out where the fix occurred, but I have brought over a majority of things that haven't been fixed officially.

I haven't carried over 'balance' adjustments, with a few exceptions - mostly where they benefit the AI where it makes sense. Giving the AI access to Liquid Metal and letting them research space critters being the main ones.

I am working on a separate patch expansion mod for more drastic changes to the game. This is presented as a 'vanilla as the Stellaris team intended' patch for the most part.

Compatibility
=============

This should be compatible with nearly everything as long as this is at the top of your load order. Most changes are independent of each other and those that are not should work at least as well as in vanilla if one part gets overwritten.

This mod should have a slight positive impact in performance as some rather nasty events were rewritten and I bring in some gateway logic from my Bypass Adjustments mod, which prevents a lot of things from pathing through them.

Modders
=======

Feel free to forward changes from this mod into your own. Credit is appreciated and Risa requires it - half of these fixes are Risa's.

If you want to require this mod, check for the ariphaos_unofficial_patch_25 global flag. Beware checking in the immediate scope in a game start event. Delay a day.

Fixes Todo
==========

Stuff I haven't gotten to yet, but have planned. Not a complete list. Requests and suggestions welcome.

• War in Heaven - there's a more robust way to handle Risa's detection of the leader being out of the LNAP. Going to wait for Federations to properly address this if Paradox does not.
  • A number of max_once_global anomalies might be better as archaeology projects: BARR_BASE_CAT / anomaly.185 (Limbo), DISTAR_CLONE_CAT / distar.70, star_lifting_category / distar.1020, abandoned_outpost_category / distar.1030, time_loop_world / distar.2030, disco_impossible_organism_cat / distar.3010
  • Fill out a list of planet/location projects to be moved to country scope. Bubbles, etc.
  • Set faction hostility fix needs to be applied to a lot more events.
  • The Big Friendly Warform seems to let you pick even if AI is outlawed (haven't been able to reproduce). Alternately, allow it but address it in dialog (certainly not as blatent as the AI admiral).
  • Handle subspecies for the box chain.
  • Marauder vengeance seems buggy.
  • Trigger first contact story event in unusual cases. Need to write some text for these.
  • Risa made a number of adjustments to default armor values. I have left these out for now but they might be appropriate in the main patch.
  • There are a lot of rather blatant AI issues. I made a few fixes, but obviously more work can be done. Could additionally integrate parts of Glavius' mod.
  • I have a fix for purging, by crisis and otherwise, but I need to test performance. If you have a vanilla save from 2.5.1 with 20,000+ pops, whether they're being purged or not, please contact me.
Implemented Fix List
==================

This list is presented by folder to make maintenance easier.

Anomalies
=========
[*] Terraforming candidate allowed for AI. (Risa)
[*] Split terraforming candidate into two max_once events. Less terraforming candidate spam in the late game. (Ariphaos)
[*] Move anomaly event triggers to the anomalies themselves, so anomaly fire chances aren't wasted. (Risa. Paradox addressed a couple of these.)
[*] Prevent anomalies from clobbering resources already present. (Risa. Paradox fixed a fair number of these, but many remain.)
[*] AI can now get some liquid metal. (Risa)
[*] Deceptive gas giant will no longer trigger on Baldarak colonies. (Risa)
[*] Allow GAS_ZRO_ICE_CAT to be discovered if the player has the Zroni chain. (Ariphaos)
[*] Correct conflicting requirements for alien Voyager anomalies. (Risa)
[*] Fixed inappropriate requirements for HBL_LUSH_PLANET_1_CAT and FROZ_BASE_CAT. (Risa)
[*] Allow DISTAR_DIAMOND_CAT to spawn in multi-star systems. (Risa)
[*] Fixed abandoned_outpost_category inappropriate spawn chance. (Risa)
[*] Stop AIANOM_MININGDEPO_CAT from putting rocks on stars. (Risa)
[*] Big Friendly Warform, Honeymooners, Star Crazy, Weapons Testing, Primordial Soup, Artificial Moon, Invisible Death, and Gateway Hijacking, no longer max_once_global. (Ariphaos)
[*] Fixed some scope issues. (Ariphaos)
[*] Fixed supply wreckage chain, though it may need a better rewrite. (Ariphaos)

Archaeology Sites
=================
[*] Prevent AI from being able to excavate Baol/Zroni digsites. (The AI does not register visibility for dig sites). (Ariphaos)

Bombardment Stances
===================
[*] Fix a bug in AI logic of raiding bombardment (vanilla checks wrong scope). (Risa)

Bypasses
========
[*] Prevent Amoebae and Tiyanki from using Gateways or L-Gates. (Ariphaos)
[*] Must be a Federation member, overlord or subject to use an owned Gateway. (Ariphaos)

Components
==========
[*] Allow designs to auto-upgrade to dragonscale armor, psi-shield, and precognitive interface, when they are available. (Risa)
[*] AI Outlawed policy will prevent the AI from using Sapient combat computers in their designs. Lacking Trancendance will prevent the AI from using psi-shields or precog interfaces in their designs. (Ariphaos)

Country Types
=============
[*] AI should be willing to build more construction ships. (Ariphaos)
[*] Let nomads destroy starbases if pissed. (Risa)

Game Rules
==========
[*] Prevented FEs and Awakened Marauders from clobbering the Distant Stars leviathans, as well as the Crystal home system. Support modded guardians also. (Ariphaos)
[*] Remove Cybrex empire's universal bombardment ability, so that their fleet now hopefully leave friendly/neutral planets alone. (Risa)

Megastructures
==============
[*] Disable ringworld construction in Contingency's hub systems, so that the crisis can develop correctly. (Risa)

On Actions
==========
[*] distar.1082 (Azizians) pulled from checking every single owned planet in the galaxy every month to be a looper. (Risa)
[*] Drastically increased the chances of the Zroni chain firing. Slightly increased Baol chances. (Ariphaos)
[*] A couple of Leviathans events were removed because they do nothing. (Risa)
[*] Moved Ratling capital investigation to on_survey, rather than as an anomaly. (Risa)
[*] Remants contact flagged when surveying artificial planets, tomb worlds, etc. (Ariphaos)

Planet Modifiers
================
[*] Fix some planet modifiers missing reference to alpine and savannah planet type. (Risa)

Random Names
============
[*] Sorted the lists. (Ariphaos)
[*] Removed the underscore from the High_ species modification prefix, preventing literally unplayable species names. (Ariphaos)
[*] Removed duplicate star names, which the game will happily duplicate accordingly. (Ariphaos)

Scripted Effects
================
[*] Added Curator POI for the Scavenger Bot and Tiyanki Matriarch. (Ariphaos)
[*] Fixed the Voidspawn POI. (Ariphaos)

Ship Sizes
==========
[*] Marauder Station range fix. (Risa)

Special Projects
================
[*] Xenocidal AI empires won't research contact projects. Tweak to timing for Rogue Servitors. (Ariphaos)
[*] Limbo refugees won't pick a holy world. (Risa)
[*] Cancel shielded world project if opened by another empire. (Risa)
[*] Fix the bug that some special projects trigger event for wrong country, if the project's assigned planet changes owner before project completion. The most serious ones includes non-syntheic-ascended country (even Contingency!) gets cybernetic / synth species change, or non-psionic-ascended country gets access to shroud. This fix is done by changing the way how those special projects are issued. So it doesn't change behaviors of those projects already issued in an ongoing game. (Risa)

Species Rights
==============
[*] Don't allow assimilators to cyborgize machine units. (Risa)
[*] Fix migration controls for hive mind pops and robots. (Risa)

Traits
======
[*] leader_trait_unstable_code_base properly recognized as an admiral trait. (Risa)

Events (Anomalies)
==================
[*] Prevent Baldarak chain from clobbering deposits. Will also only target surveyed worlds. (Ariphaos)
[*] Star Crazy won't break just because it can't find a star without an energy deposit. (Ariphaos)
[*] Add terraforming candidate to Locust planet. (Ariphaos)
[*] Prevent wormhole generation anomaly from landing on an empire capital or FE system. (Ariphaos)
[*] Reroll deposits on projecting moon event. (Risa)
[*] Make stranded scientist event targets no longer global. (Ariphaos)
[*] Homicidals even hate Bubbles. (Ariphaos)
[*] Homicidals are not pro-brainslug. (Ariphaos)
[*] Slightly more reaction if you are a xenophobe and accept the brain slugs. (Ariphaos)
[*] AI Outlawed policy blocks AI Admiral project. (Ariphaos)
[*] Reenable Robot Cleaner project option. (Risa)
[*] Juvenile Amoeba and Big Friendly Warform don't start out hostile. (Ariphaos)

Events (Fallen Empires and Endgame)
===================================
[*] Increased chance of War in Heaven from 60% to 90%. May still be less if a FE is knocked out beforehand. (Ariphaos)
[*] Extended ai_no_war flags so the AI won't do silly things mucking with the War in Heaven. (Ariphaos)
[*] Awakened Fallen Empires actually start with max normal and produced resources. (Ariphaos)
[*] Fix some minor errors in War in Heaven. (Not so minor if you crack a holy world to awaken the Spiritualist FE during the War in Heaven.) (Risa)
[*] Machine FE can demand machine empires to stop waging wars or to stop colonizing. (Risa)
[*] Materialist FE can ask AI empires for scientist too. (Risa)
[*] Fallen Empires won't try to reward machine intelligences with useless meatbag tech. (Risa)
[*] Fallen Empire flags proper country when making demands. (Risa)
[*] Multiple fallen empires can make demands of the same country. (Ariphaos)
[*] Minor bugfix to fallen_empires_tasks.19. (Risa)
[*] Make Prethoryn initial warning target correct systems. (Risa)
[*] Fix Prethoryn logic so that you can't call it a total victory by defeating Vanguard in a blitzkrieg before main invasion arrives. (Risa)
[*] Slightly alter the structure of crisis beginning and ending events, so they won't be broken by custom government forms from other mods. (Risa)
[*] Don't spawn the Sentinels in the L-Cluster or Sealed System. (Risa)
[*] Prevent Cybrex or Contingency from spawning in the Sealed System. (Risa)

Events (Other)
==============
[*] Non-homicidal/inward perfection player countries can recieve the communications spread event from both ends. Some tweaks to timing. (Ariphaos)
[*] Fix some is_ai = no improperly located in planet pre_triggers. This fixes many events to block them from the AI getting them, like seismic chain, etc. (Ariphaos)
[*] Allow nomads to spawn with Megacorp enabled. (Ariphaos)
[*] Chosen One will not pick non-psionic leaders as options. (Risa)
[*] Make Zroni crystal apply equally to all Chosen One options. (Ariphaos)
[*] Don't duplicate shroud tech events. (Ariphaos)
[*] Prevent wormholes from spawning in Fallen Empire systems. (Ariphaos)
[*] No longer possiple for multiple players to get the Galatron. (Ariphaos)
[*] Made spawned systems spawn closer to their origins, usually. Limits some wonkiness. (Ariphaos)
[*] Block gestalt empires from getting the Zroni chain. (Ariphaos)
[*] Cannot avoid the Rage Virus by refusing to click. (Risa)
[*] Enigmatic Cache no longer blocked by the player being at war at just the wrong moment. (Risa)
[*] Habitable Worlds chain no longer checked for every single day for every single player. (Risa)
[*] Primitive humans no longer scope to custom human empire capitals. (Risa)
[*] Primitives do not need to inspect an observation station to launch a space station. (Risa)
[*] Extended the time primitives spend in the Stone, Bronze, and Iron ages. (Ariphaos)
[*] New contact opinions go both ways. (Risa)
[*] Block rebels from getting an extra three ethea points. (Risa)
[*] Smuggler Weapons gives primitives the aquired tech modifier. (Risa)
[*] Enlightenment and covert infiltration fixes. (Risa)
[*] Allow Gestalt empire admirals to get Scout and Engineer by event. (Risa)
[*] Admirals with unstable code base can't get it again. (Risa)
[*] Clear districts from the Waiting World. (Ariphaos)
[*] trait = random_trait does not work, but a workaround is applied where only one is needed. (Ariphaos)
[*] Automatically close borders on truce end, if default policy is to close borders. (Ariphaos)
[*] AI will get access to space creature contact projects. (Risa)
[*] For space critter projects, AI weighted to choose militaristic or pacifist/xenophile options if they have them. (Ariphaos)
[*] First Colony messages for relic worlds, ecumenopolises, tomb worlds, gaia worlds, habitats, ringworlds, and a generic one is provided for modded worlds. (Ariphaos)

Last edited:
Fixes in 2.5.1.1
================
  • Don't remove robotic armies for changing AI stance.
  • Homicidals hate Bubbles, brainslugs, and Zarqlan.
  • Corrected spiritualists inappropriately getting neutron sweep option for the colossus.
  • Pox and Armageddon bombardment now properly turn planets into tomb worlds. Requires planet devastation >= 100.
  • Fix for ratling capital fix if distant_stars_events.txt is overwritten.

Good to see someone taking this up. I was also not aware of the other mod. Hopefully having fixes collected in one place will also help PDX get some of them into 2.6 .

2.5.1.2 Release
===============

The most obvious effect of this release is going to be the mid and lategame performance gains, along with a stronger AI in general. Building and district AI have been rewritten, so that with a few exceptions, the AI will not build a district or building unless there is a pop available to work it, without trusting free_jobs which is a lying liar who lies.

Roboticist empires have some edge issues until they get droids. This should only cause overbuilding in a minority of situations, however.

Actual performance will depend on your settings, inhabited worlds, and how conservative you are with your own construction. As I have not needed to alter job files, this fix is currently compatible with 00 Performance by 惡芽のINFINI7E, though the impact isn't going to be nearly as large. This unofficial patch still doesn't touch graphical stuff yet, so the performance mods by Red-Eyed_Fairace should also be unaffected.

The AI's economy is far more reliable, though this isn't Starnet. It isn't designed to rush, there is no enhanced aggression, and I didn't write a half megabyte of evaluation code. Still, it should pose more consistent challenge, especially as the game progresses. The Khan and Fallen Empires are looking pretty sore at the moment.

Beyond performance, this fixes about forty new bugs from 2.5.1.1. Some of these are from Alexrider803's bug fixes mod, with the usual exception of balance adjustments, as with Risa. Like with Risa's adjustments to armor values, I am tempted to incorporate Alex's strike craft fixes, but it is a bit up in the air as Paradox claims to have a fix for this planned. There are a few bugfixes not yet incorporated, as I need to investigate them further.

I also incorporated Glavius' AI tweaks for 2.5.1 that were submitted to Paradox, with some adjustments and corrections.

The AI still struggles with starbase placement and upgrades, unfortunately. There is currently no hook for modders to tell the AI where and how far to upgrade its starbases. Only Paradox can fix this, or provide a way for us to fix this.

Similarly we still have no way to detect if a building is ruined or tell an AI to repair a building.

There's no destroy trigger for districts, and the AI is still struggling to maintain a proper reserve of strategic materials. More can be done in this regard.

Fixes in 2.5.1.2
================
  • Overhaul to AI for buildings and districts.
  • After verifying that it did not impact performance, I re-added missing modifiers in economic_categories from 2.2.x. This is mostly the same as jasonpepes Modifiers fix but I don't incorporate modded classes. Some mods will still require his version to function.
  • Brought the three-bridge cluster generation tweak to Medium, Large, and Huge galaxies. I use this in my own galaxy generation mod to make sure empires are less likely to get boxed in.
  • Tell the AI that Private Colony Ships are in fact Colony Ships.
  • AI should no longer think it needs a shipyard to upgrade defense platforms.
  • Grant living metal tech option to countries that have a deposit or a fabricator (you can get the last relatively early through reverse engineering).
  • AI can no longer take xenocompatability. Resolves too many issues to leave in AI hands.
  • AI is significantly less likely to make or accept migration treaties. Fanatic Authoritarians and Fanatic Xenophobes are blocked from making or accepting them entirely.
  • Fanatic Purifiers get a significant boost to governing ethic attraction. While ethics shifting is broken on multiple levels, this should help them losing the civic however slightly (and more after Federations).
  • Fixed issues with losing a system with a consecrated world. Was calling improper scope.
  • Allow pops being purged to be sold on slave market.
  • AI will no longer mass banish pops to the slave market the moment it runs an energy deficit.
  • Syncretic AI will not sell syncretic pops under any circumstances.
  • Made the AI value chokepoints a bit more for starbases.
  • AI won't colonize planets with < 50% habitability. (Limit self modification issues.)
  • Prevent AI from building a habitat if it already has an uncolonized habitat within its borders.
  • Added talented, quick learners, and decadent to syncretics' opposed traits as they are useless for them.
  • Slaver empires are more restrictive about who they let breed or migrate.
  • Machine consciousnesses are free to purge their own robot pops.
  • Machine empire will no longer try to get you to colonize a holy world if you don't have a head.
  • AI won't turn its starting syncretics into battle thralls just because they are very strong.
  • Machine empire robots are no longer susceptible to Jovarian Pox.
  • Invisible Death shouldn't send you into the Marauders.
  • Gas giant salvage cruiser can be merged into a fleet. The no_upgrade flag works... sometimes.
  • Kohtalo, Ahab, and Shard should no longer spawn hostile. I've left one initial hostile bug in as a surprise.
  • Let the AI build up to 5 Construction ships.
  • I've applied Risa's armor fixes (or close) to the Marauders. It's not an enormous buff but it should help them be a threat to more AI during the midgame.

Fixes of Fixes
  • Proper fix for the Projecting Moon anomaly.

The following are by Alexrider or Glavius:

• Market nomination spreads to further contacts by the market initiator. (Alexrider803)
  • Fixed psi assimilation of latent psionic pops. (Alexrider803)
  • Ruler trait brainslug fix. (Alexrider803)
  • Box traits now apply to all subspecies. Made sure leaders get converted also. (Last from Alexrider803)
  • Allow rebuilding of destroyed habitats. (Alexrider803)
  • Nomads won't pick holy worlds. (Alexrider803)
  • Don't reroll already habitable worlds at the end of the Horizon signal chain. (Alexrider803)
  • Titan Lance and Perdition Beam now actually energy weapons. (Alexrider803)
  • Clear most modifiers and don't nuke dimensional portals when making an ecumenopolis. (Alexrider803)
  • FE slave race now has a habitability trait, and an original species. (Alexrider803)
  • Hard-set the Unity cap so it won't overflow. (Alexrider803)
  • Give Marauders Habitat preference. (Alexrider803)
  • Telepaths also fight crime. (Alexrider803)
  • Unified crime/deviancy removal so no lingering modifiers hang about. (Alexrider803)
  • Add claims to original owner of robot uprising systems. (Alexrider803)
  • AI desires larger stockpiles of basic resources and alloys. (Glavius)
  • AI doesn't try to budget itself out of colonizing early. (Glavius)
  • AI should try to get starbases up earlier. (Glavius)
  • Tweaks to AI job shutdown effects. (Glavius)
  • Tweaks to building and district AI. (Glavius)

Last edited:
Major tweak to this patch is a fix to purging, which I've verified doesn't seriously impact performance.

If more than 9 pops are on a world (so crisis events can hopefully trigger properly), extermination, labor, matrix, and processing purge types give a percentage chance for the pop to die each month. In practice, this means about 70% of pops die from extermination purging each year, and about 45% from exploitation types. This does not take effect during ground combat, and there is a one-month grace period. So there is a small window for you to save your people before you start losing dozens of pops each month.

I've made some further improvements to the economic AI. It's a bit more robust and should be a bit stronger now.

I'm probably going to slow down a bit from here on out, leave most things to 2.6 when it releases. Evaluate what Paradox fixed, etc.

=======
  • AI will try to get its extra pop first from blocker, save other starting blockers for later.
  • Put in a routine to destroy unneeded mining or farming districts to help the AI grow its planets a bit further.
  • Martial Law/Compliance Protocols/HK Drones reduces robot assembly speed as appropriate.
  • Ruler remains chosen one even when the people stop voting for them. (Alexrider803)
  • Don't blow up food processing centers just because a planet can't be simultaneously a hive and non-hive world. Some other build-destroy loop prevention regarding food buildings.
  • Some further tweaks to planet construction AI.
  • Bar odd factory from spawning on relic worlds so it doesn't get clobbered.
  • Marauders won't kick you out if you take their last system.
  • Fix for severe purging exploits and crisis issues.
  • Can now purge any robotic species so long as AI doesn't have full rights.
  • Delicious aliens (eat or be eaten) will properly establish comms and trigger first contact event.
  • AI will now check to make sure it has synthetic rare resource tech before assuming. Also slightly more conservative about consuming them.
  • Fixed trait icon for cyborg scientists.
  • Reworked species->leader trait generation to be based off of a single scripted effect. More robust and fixes a few odd bugs.
  • Properly add leader traits for New Admiral, Exile, Diamond in the Rough, and the game start science ship scientist. (Alexrider803)
  • Uncommented action.31, catch some silent first contacts with fallen empires. (credit to stevens on steam)
  • Self-modified species won't instigate violence against themselves. (Alexrider803)
  • Remove opposing traits in self-modification events. (Alexrider803)
  • AI will treat active crisis as war for determining resource desires. (Suggested by Rosth on Steam)

Fixes of fixes
==============

• Planets will no longer aggregate all production and consumption under them. (Fix to modifiers fix)
  • Accidentally enforced some AI restrictions on the player.

Updated TODO list
=================

• Make a create_cybernetic_species_mod for psionics and latents.
  • Something was clearly supposed to happen if the Ketlings emerged in an occupied system.
  • Need to investigate assimilation (Alexrider803 did some work on this)
  • Fix crisis expansion (waiting to see if Federations has any improvements)
  • Fix extradimensional factions spawning directly inside Unbidden territory, guaranteeing they get clobbered.
  • Fix can_take_servant_job weights for entertainers and clerks.
  • I have a different solution planned for AI species modification. I'll see what Paradox does for this in Federations.
  • The pirate-hijacked drones chain does not handle deposits appropriately.
  • War in Heaven - there's a more robust way to handle Risa's detection of the leader being out of the LNAP. Going to wait for Federations to properly address this if Paradox does not.
  • The Big Friendly Warform doesn't play logically with the way AI policy gets set. Alternately, allow it but address it in dialog (certainly not as blatent as the AI admiral).
  • Marauder vengeance is buggy.
  • Risa made a number of adjustments to default armor values. I have left most of these out for now.
  • There are a lot of rather blatant AI issues. I made a number of fixes, but obviously more work can be done.
  • Robotic species purging themselves when species policies change and purging is allowed.

Stuff beyond the ability of mods to fix
=================================================

• We need a way to hook into repaired buildings.
  • We need a way to tell where the AI should want its starbases.

It turns out that this mod breaks compatibility with Automatic Pop Migration, which will only migrate pops if migration controls are off... but this mod removes "no migration controls" from hive minds effectively locking migration controls on - presumably "[*] Fix migration controls for hive mind pops and robots. (Risa)" is the reason.

I've had to disable this mod now in order to keep my game playable as reshuffling unemployed hive mid pops around my terravore playthrough was massively unfun. :(

It turns out that this mod breaks compatibility with Automatic Pop Migration, which will only migrate pops if migration controls are off... but this mod removes "no migration controls" from hive minds effectively locking migration controls on - presumably "[*] Fix migration controls for hive mind pops and robots. (Risa)" is the reason.

I've had to disable this mod now in order to keep my game playable as reshuffling unemployed hive mid pops around my terravore playthrough was massively unfun. :(

Addressing this now, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Not a whole lot this release. Final one before Federations.

* ECHO's event fixes mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=785269836 caught a couple of modded government bugs that Risa did not, one in Pirate events and another in one of the crisis.

* Fixed a fix as reported by @Triscopic . Will also allow machine empires to turn off migration controls.

I'm curious how much of it will remain in 2.6.1. Anyway I gave you a little credit on my mod page (A Deadly Tempest).

Thank you. FYI your mod (along with MEM and Guilli’s planet modifiers) is one of a tiny number that I consider critical for enjoying the game. Thank you very much for your work. I’m looking forward to adding it in to 2.6

Downloads
=========

Steam Workshop: Ariphaos Unofficial Patch

Paradox Mods: Ariphaos Unofficial Patch

If you have difficulty updating: Load the Paradox Launcher, then unsubscribe from and resubscribe to this mod.

Description
===========

This mod currently fixes about 130 bugs in the core game, another handful of bugs for people using mods, and makes a couple of dozen AI adjustments. These latter are not necessarily bugs themselves but can lead to situations that look like it, such as massive numbers of species in the species list, or the AI hamstringing itself.

This isn't complete and it is always a work in progress. Please let me know if there is a bug and I can look into it.

A note about the robot purge bug. As far as I can tell, only Paradox can fix this one.

Author Credit
=============

Nearly half of these fixes originate from other authors.

I generally do not carry over 'balance' adjustments, with a few exceptions - mostly where they benefit the AI where it makes sense. Giving the AI access to Liquid Metal and letting them research space critters being the main ones.

As Glavius is back to working on AI intently I have left his changes out of 2.6 for now. I'll come back to his work after the core of this patch has gone through its paces.

I am working on a separate patch expansion mod for more drastic changes to the game. This patch is presented as a 'vanilla as the Stellaris team intended' patch for the most part.

Compatibility
=============

Performance
=============

This mod has a moderate performance boost. Some rather nasty events were rewritten, and I bring in some gateway logic from my Bypass Adjustments mod, which prevents a lot of things from pathing through them. Xenocompatability is banned from the AI, which helps curtail species proliferation, and the AI cannot build habitats while it owns uncolonized habitats, which significantly slows down how fast the planet space grows in the mid and late game.

Note that the purging fix this mod uses may make the late game chug a bit harder on monthly ticks. It's still quite rapid and it at least makes pops go away a lot faster, so it's a net plus.

Ongoing Games
===============

Ongoing games in general should be fine. Be sure to install either before you complete the Ice Aliens / Azizians project, or about a year after you've finished. Or pick the troops rather than pops or zoo.

It will take time to fix job-related performance issues, and this can be worse the longer the game has progressed. Don't expect immediate miracles in a long-running game.

Modders
=======

Feel free to forward changes from this mod into your own. Credit is appreciated. Nearly half of these fixes are by others as credited above.

If you want to require this mod, check for the ariphaos_unofficial_patch_26 global flag. Beware checking in the immediate scope in a game start event. Delay a day.

Bugs Fixed (Anomalies)
======================

• Prevent anomalies from clobbering resources.
  • Move triggers from anomaly events to anomalies proper so their firing doesn't get wasted.
  • Turned off max_once_global for anomalies that did not need it.
  • Allow the AI to get living metal anomalies.
  • Terraforming candidate now max_once, but both AI and humans can use it. It can fire twice for a player, once each for barren and cold barren worlds.

Bugs Fixed (AI)
===============

• AI can no longer snipe Baol or Zroni archaeology digs.
  • AI logic fixed for Raiding bombardment.
  • Tried to fix AI logic for other bombardment forms.
  • Hard-blocked the AI from building multiple silos on a planet. AI does not necessarily pay attention to weight for construction any longer so may need to fix this in a few areas. I correct them as I see them.
  • AI won't use sapient computers if AI is outlawed.
  • AI won't mass dump pops to the slave market while assimilating them.
  • Fallen Empires and Awakened Marauders will exclude Distant Stars Guardians and the Crystal Nydus system, if they are still occupied by those entities. Fallen Empires will also exclude Dormant Marauders.
  • Cybrex Empire can no longer bombard friendlies.
  • AI will not build habitats if they have uncolonized habitats available. (Paradox's per-system fix for this is weight based and the AI sometimes ignores those restrictions)
  • Cleared out some uses of free_jobs because free_jobs is a lying liar who lies. Will need to reevaluate districts and buildings again eventually.
  • Made some unemployment checks more robust.
  • Sponsored colony ships are a kind of colony ship.
  • AI should not need a shipyard to upgrade its defense stations.
  • Non-dominator Infiltrator AI will no longer invade primitives. Tracking this as a bug because according to the documentation, they should not be invading primitives.

Bugs Fixed (Events)
===================

• Gestalts blocked from Zroni chain.
  • Uncommented Fallen Empire contact event. No more silent FE surprises.
  • Outlawing AI won't wipe out robot armies.
  • Assimilating latent psionic pops gives full psionic if the empire is transcendant.
  • Auto-close borders on truce end if that is default policy.
  • Prevent rebels from getting excess ethea. Give them some alloys for a spaceport upgrade because they cost alloys now.
  • New contact opinion goes both ways.
  • Reduced distance of new system spawns. Should cross hyperlanes less.
  • Fix for initial hostility of various critters.
  • Fix a number of planet events spawning for the AI when they weren't supposed to, because the pre_trigger for it does not function. Paradox seems to be aware of this but hasn't fixed older events for it.
  • Homicidals restricted from a number of events.
  • Salvaged cruiser can now be part of a fleet. Made it its own ship size so is unupgradeable.
  • Baldarak chain won't clobber resources. Some sanity fixes.
  • Leaders spawned by event are given traits properly. This is most noticeable with the New Admiral event where they'll spawn without Psychic/Erudite/Cyborg.
  • Projecting Moon event fixes.
  • Can't take AI admiral if AI is outlawed.
  • Reenable Robot Cleaners option.
  • Limbo aliens won't try to colonize a holy planet.
  • Fix Neutron Sweep availability for Spritualists.
  • Prohibit multiple Galatrons.
  • Helpful drones won't clobber existing resources.
  • Prevent odd factory from spawning on relic or city worlds (so it won't get clobbered in the former case).
  • Player empires can decipher others' communications for communication spread. Homicidals, Fanatic Xenophobes, and Isolationists won't spread communications.
  • country.51 called from country.52 rather than being a MTTH 1 day event.
  • Restricted hyacinth chain a bit (flags get copied when you edit a default empire).
  • Fix attempted random trait assignment (TODO: Check if still bugged)
  • Make Prethoryn spawning systems consistent.
  • Sentinels won't spawn off of sealed system or L-cluster
  • Allow destroyed habitats to be rebuilt.
  • Infested worlds under colonization should get turned barren after bombardment.
  • Crisis factions will try to maintain six constructors. Should help with larger galaxies.
  • Vehement and Aberrant will spawn in systems bordering the invaders, so they don't get immediately slaughtered.
  • Stop Contingency spawns from spawning off of the sealed system.
  • Can't stop plague by ignoring it.
  • Brain slugged leaders get appropriate ruler trait. Taking it as a Xenophobe is more punishing.
  • Proper contact with tasty aliens.
  • Wreck anomaly properly checks access to system.
  • Adds terraforming candidate to locust planet.
  • Don't block the enigmatic cache just for an untimely war.
  • Fix for edge cases in Speed Demon colored juices.
  • Initial and Alien Machine wormholes won't land inside a Fallen Empire, or an empire starting system.
  • Don't drop Invisible Death inside Marauder systems. Or other nasties.
  • Possible to piss off multiple Fallen Empires at once.
  • Fallen Empires won't give machine empires useless squishy tech. Unless they're into that sort of thing.
  • Since AI knows how to replace scientists, Materialists can ask the AI for them.
  • Fallen Machine Empire won't ask you to colonize a holy world unless you have a head.
  • Machine FE will make demands of Machine empires.
  • Remove all districts from the Waiting World.
  • Don't reroll already habitable planets when accepting the Worm. Do reroll the stars that just died.
  • Machine Empire admirals can gain engineer/scout from event also.
  • Fix for Unyielding being given to admirals with opposing traits.
  • Nomads won't try to colonize holy planets. Fix for system selection.
  • Megacorp doesn't block nomads.
  • Failing to raid smugglers gives primitives tech.
  • Fix for englightenment flag checks.
  • Pop self modification events remove opposing traits where appropriate.
  • Self modification unrest won't target their fellow kin.
  • Fix for primitives not necessarily owning their home planet.
  • Primitives making it to or leaving early space age doesn't require an observation outpost.
  • Give them some alloys for making it to space so they can upgrade their starbase.
  • Make leaving the Stone, Bronze, and Iron ages take a lot longer.
  • First colony event for Gaia, Relic, Ecumenopolis, and Ringworld sections.
  • Previous owner gets claim stack on Robot Uprising systems.
  • Fix for missing ruler traits, particularly Chosen One.
  • Fix for psionic robots. At least somewhat.
  • Shroud won't give the same tech options multiple times.
  • Non-psychics don't get to be the Chosen One.
  • Zro crystal affects all Chosen One options equally, not just the last.
  • Fix for extra awakened empires during the War in Heaven. From mods or nuking a holy world or whatever.
  • Don't let the League of Non-Aligned powers tear itself apart due to rivalries.
  • Initial AI LNAP members also get their no_leave flag set.
  • LNAP members set aside their rivalries before joining (prevents destroying your federation at start).

Bugs Fixed (Modding)
====================

For bugs that only affect mods.

• Re-added missing modifiers. Fleshed out the list a lot more thoroughly.
  • Bombardment ability is based on hostility.
  • Various event fixes for modded government types. Namely crisis and pirates.
  • First colony event text for modded world types.

Bugs Fixed in Mod (Other)
=========================

• Machine empire pops aren't affected by Pox bombardment.
  • Allow final bureaucratic building upgrade, fixed its price. (RoverStorm)
  • Prevent Tiyanki and Amoeba from using gateways of any kind.
  • Gateways can only be used if they either don't have an owner, or you are a subject, overlord, or in a federation with a member.
  • Dragonscale Armor upgrades from Neutronium, Psionic shield upgrades from Dark Matter shield, Precognitive Computer upgrades from Sapient.
  • Titan Lance (Fallen Empire) and Perdition Beam are energy weapons.
  • Ruined Marauders will not enforce borders (Paradox may have fixed this but this is hard to test for).
  • On terraforming to or restoring an ecumenopolis, properly clear modifiers, and preserve dimensional portal if it exists.
  • Allow pops being purged to be sold on slave market.
  • Prevent ringworld construction in AI hub systems (TODO: Cleaner way is to just make AI hub systems binaries)
  • Fix modifiers to spawn on Alpine and Savannah worlds.
  • Fix for literally unplayable "High " species prefix.
  • Removed a few duplicate star names.
  • Added Curator points of interest for Distant Stars guardians.
  • Leader trait species modification fixes.
  • FE Servant species gets a habitability preference (nuked, for simplicity).
  • Marauder station range fix.
  • Marauder armor fix. (Leaving in from prior patch. They did get buffed in 2.6.)
  • Gave Marauders Habitat preference.
  • Cancel shielded world project if opened by someone else.
  • Switched many special projects from planet scope to country scope.
  • Homicidals and rogue servitors have altered first contact research times (Homicidals will wait a while).
  • Don't restrict turning migration controls off.
  • Machine empire pops can't be cyborged.
  • Allow robot purge as long as AI doesn't have full rights.
  • Allow machine empires to purge machine and robot pops.
  • AI Admirals get Unstable Code Base rather than nervous. Unstable Code Base is properly an Admiral trait.
  • Syncretic is incompatible with Talented, Quick Learners, and Decadent.
  • AI won't try to propose minor sanctions after they've already been passed. (towergame fixed this first)
  • Grant living metal tech option if acquired through non-anomalous means.
  • Far less likely to miss Zroni chain on low habitability starts.
  • Fix for Armageddon and Pox bombardment making tomb worlds.
  • Sacred Nexus grants 8 priest jobs as all tier 3 buildings do. (RoverStorm)
  • Merchant Guilds no longer block Byzantine Bureaucracy. (RoverStorm)
  • Capital Habitats are to stay that way. (RoverStorm)
  • Totalitarians won't be pissed if you are assimilating pops, deprogramming, or have presapients. (RoverStorm)
  • Feral Overload jobs fix (especially for Gestalts). (RoverStorm)
  • Trade Leagues get full energy production, as advertised. (RoverStorm) - This may be intentional, so including this is tentative.
  • Cleaned up Crystal Manufactory project so it is possible to get one of the results.

AI Adjustments in Mod
=====================

These aren't bugs, per se, but they affect the AI's performance or the user experience pretty heavily.

• AI cannot take Xeno-compatibility.
  • Migration treaties are less likely to be formed.
  • AI will not settle below .5 habitability. (These top three items are intended to reduce species spam.)
  • AI will prioritize retrieving pops from starting blockers, and deprioritize its generic blockers.
  • MIN_WANTED_SCIENTISTS = 3 (up from 1)
  • Adjusted Starbase logic to more favor chokepoints.
  • AI won't buy slaves on planets with unemployed pops.
  • AI will build up to five science ships, constructors, and titans. (This seems to be about as much as the AI is willing to handle).
  • Adjusted leader fraction accordingly.
  • Angered nomads will blow up starbases.
  • AI is more restrictive about selling pops.
  • AI won't hamstring itself to build food or mineral districts (depending on empire type).
  • AI has some intelligence to handling population, migration controls, and purging.
  • Don't make syncretics into battle thralls.

TODO list
=================

• Work on the Ketlings.
  • Need to investigate assimilation (Alexrider803 did some work on this)
  • I have a different solution planned for AI species modification. This does seem to be toned down in Federations, will see if it's tolerable.
  • Redo primitive.180 and make it the primary event for primitives to leave the early space age.
  • Do something about ED and AI crisis factions losing their constructors.
  • Write a script to make crisis constructors more aggressive about building starbases.
  • The AI always needs work.

Last edited: