Unofficial Patch for Stellaris 3.1 - Fixing hundreds of bugs in vanilla Stellaris

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey where is the right location to report issues? I found something strange, my error.log tells me on the 00_bypasses.txt line 166,167 invalid object?
Code:
            NOT = { is_country_type = tiyanki }
            NOT = { is_country_type = amoeba }
I also don't know why, because this is on the l-gate but on the normal gateway are the same lines!

Hey where is the right location to report issues? I found something strange, my error.log tells me on the 00_bypasses.txt line 166,167 invalid object?
Code:
            NOT = { is_country_type = tiyanki }
            NOT = { is_country_type = amoeba }
I also don't know why, because this is on the l-gate but on the normal gateway are the same lines!

I'm not getting that error myself, and I've been running with this for years now on my own. Are you doing anything with the lgates?

I'm not getting that error myself, and I've been running with this for years now on my own. Are you doing anything with the lgates?
Oh* ok indeed, construction of L-Gates (and because the Unofficial Patch was below, but anyway, I don't see the real reason). Then I have to see...

Unofficial Patch issues Paradox addressed in the 2.6.3 beta:

• Fixed being able to assimilate machine empire pops. (Risa) - better late than never?
  • The pre-endgame galactic resolutions have had their weights significantly fleshed out. A few patch tweaks remain, as do the ones for endgame crisis and War in Heaven resolutions.
  • Byzantine Bureaucracy no longer conflicts with Merchant Guilds. (RoverStorm)
  • Crossbreeding no longer possible within a species. (Glavius)
  • Ethics divergence rate fixed. Hopefully. This time.
  • Silo AI tweaks. (Glavius)
  • Precinct/Sentinel Post AI. (Glavius)

The decision to remove the third-tier bureaucratic building has been explicitly declared as intentional. Unless there is objection, I will be leaving the 'fix' in for the 2.6.x branch to not overly impact people's experience. Will remove it from 2.7, or whatever Paradox does to address the ease of building admin cap.

I'm happy this patch exists, thanks. But, have all the bug-fixes in it been reported in a detailed fashion, also including the fix(es) you made, in the bug reports forum?

I ask because I don't see any new threads by you in the bug forum for 2.6.x, but it would be really great to have PDX make these fixes in the base game, so we can reduce the burden for you in future unofficial patches! Thanks for any help you can do to push for the official, instead of unofficial, fixes.

I'm happy this patch exists, thanks. But, have all the bug-fixes in it been reported in a detailed fashion, also including the fix(es) you made, in the bug reports forum?

I ask because I don't see any new threads by you in the bug forum for 2.6.x, but it would be really great to have PDX make these fixes in the base game, so we can reduce the burden for you in future unofficial patches! Thanks for any help you can do to push for the official, instead of unofficial, fixes.

Several bugs in this patch have their fixes explicitly laid out in the bug reports forum, and have for a year or longer.

Meanwhile, you are asking me to open up some two hundred bug reports, sometimes collating scores of changes for individual fixes.

This is a game. It is not my job. If you want to do this, be my guest.

Several bugs in this patch have their fixes explicitly laid out in the bug reports forum, and have for a year or longer.

Meanwhile, you are asking me to open up some two hundred bug reports, sometimes collating scores of changes for individual fixes.

This is a game. It is not my job. If you want to do this, be my guest.

I was trying to be polite. Anyway, you should seem to be in much better position to report the bugs, since you know what bug fixes in your patch have already been reported, and you know what the fixes are, yes? I don't have a rolling changelog of your unofficial patch and details of everything in it.

But I guess if you want to continue being an unpaid support dev for PDX indefinitely and not see more fixes pushed the main branch, be my guest.

But I guess if you want to continue being an unpaid support dev for PDX indefinitely and not see more fixes pushed the main branch, be my guest.

It's the other way around: To enjoy the game some annoying bugs need fixes and I am thankful for the players who do the fixes... and not only for their own enjoyment but thru mods like this for all players. At first glance this might not be a big thing, publishing a mod after one has done it already for oneself but believe me, there is a big difference and extra effort to go from "my dirty fast fix for own usage" to a "bugfree fix which can handle everything us weird players might throw at it".

Fixes of bugs from players aren't done just like that... usually it happens long AFTER those bugs were in detail discussed, reported and only after players gave up hope that Paradox would respond.

If Paradox wants to fix those bugs, they have an excellent wealth of well documented information already in this thread (additionally to the bug reports). This mod and thread is IMHO one of the best documented there are, kudos to Ariphaos for taking the time and effort to do so. You can't do it even easier and better for the Paradox staff who, by the way, should be also able to read and understand not only the text but also the code of the mod to which they have free access.

In conclusion, if you want to be polite, don't heap even more work on modders. It's a fine line and easily overstepped from having fun as a modder to start feeling it as a burden... and when this happens, it's a loss for the whole community.

The name Paradox says it all. I also like to blame Paradox, simply because there is no real excuse for this pure shame (sheer amount of very simple long time bugs). Paradox is ignoring us not we ignoring Paradox. Arapahos just holds up the mirror to Paradox and if I could I would do the exact same.

Well, again, I'm glad that people are interested in fixing bugs. I like Stellaris and the community is great. However, as my last post in this thread, I will quote a PDX dev from the 2.6.3 beta thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-checksum-ae56.1373265/page-10#post-26459408

Did you make a bug report? If not, you can hardly hope for it to have been fixed :D

Caligula is a PDX dev. If a bug report isn't made, the odds of getting an official fix are near zero. Please, anyone, if you see a bug and especially if you know of a fix, continue submitting official bug reports in the bug forum. Thank you and good luck in all your games.

Well, again, I'm glad that people are interested in fixing bugs. I like Stellaris and the community is great. However, as my last post in this thread, I will quote a PDX dev from the 2.6.3 beta thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-checksum-ae56.1373265/page-10#post-26459408

Caligula is a PDX dev. If a bug report isn't made, the odds of getting an official fix are near zero. Please, anyone, if you see a bug and especially if you know of a fix, continue submitting official bug reports in the bug forum. Thank you and good luck in all your games.

You are demanding I commit an extra hundred hours of work to this.

My answer, is simply:

No.

I merely wish to play as bug-free a game as possible, and provide this experience to others. That is all.

I repeat, if you want to commit a hundred hours to this and do so, be my guest.

But demanding I do more work is utterly nonsensical.

Caligula is a PDX dev. If a bug report isn't made, the odds of getting an official fix are near zero.
And that tells me that Paradox "relies" to heavily on its own community as if they wouldn't do enough QA on their own, especially before any release.
Please, anyone, if you see a bug and especially if you know of a fix, continue submitting official bug reports in the bug forum.
As if bug X would be fixed soonly afterwards. My experience is rather the other way around: Even if you've submitted a ( or several ! ) report(s) for X ( and even with solution(s) ! ) then even this doesn't necessarily mean that Paradox takes time to fix X.

Hello Ariphaos, thank you for making and sharing this mod :)

Does it fix hive minds not getting the self-modification habitability event? Also other missing events outlined here?

Although I have a ridiculous amount of playtime, I still haven't gotten the Nivlac chain myself and so it isn't clear what all custom text I would like to add.

Relatedly, I would hate to just 'unlock' the horizon signal and self-modification for hive minds. They deserve proper, full treatment with their own unique flavors.

See notes above for stuff Paradox fixed.

Some bugfixes for the 2.6.3 release:

• Fix of fix: Give salvage cruiser proper icon.
  • Some further adjustments to War in Heaven resolutions.
  • Block countries at war with LNAP members from joining the LNAP.
  • Fix for xenophiles being considered xenophobes by the subterranean liaison job.
  • Fix for non-cracker colossus weapons being unable to target hive/machine worlds. (Mengsk)

I haven't tried this mod yet due to contingencies, but what I like is that it looks like a sum of real fixes, and as long subjective improvements ("the way one player likes to play" or "fix fo destroyers missing missile launchers") don't clutter this sum, I'll be so happy that it exists.

does your mod still work with 2.6.3 ? i realy enjoyed this mod with 2.6.2 and now with the update the laucher say not supported, i was wondering if the patch introduced so much change that the unnofficial patch need to be tweaked.

Thanks fot this mod man and if your able keep up the good work man, your making our experience with this game so much better !

does your mod still work with 2.6.3 ?

It seems so.
I haven't had any problems so far and the launcher shows the mod as valid.

Since quite a while at every start of the launcher there is a certain recognition lag but then the Mod gets accepted as valid.
No idea what causes the lag. Is there any part in the mod which needs (or causes) a necessary partly download and install every time? It's only a partly download and install but it happens every time.

Last edited: